IGNORED

Elliasson

JBFC II

I’ve been desperate to see him in the team especially now blooding him for next season. It’s been frustrating to see Kent and an out of form Pato in the team ahead of him.

He has to learn positionally and up his work rate though. I don’t think his team mates quite trust him on that, he got several earfuls from Bobby and Korey yesterday 

2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

I’ve been desperate to see him in the team especially now blooding him for next season. It’s been frustrating to see Kent and an out of form Pato in the team ahead of him.

He has to learn positionally and up his work rate though. I don’t think his team mates quite trust him on that, he got several earfuls from Bobby and Korey yesterday 

But in reality the season is already over.

As you rightly say Paterson is badly off form (has he really ever recovered from that virus?) whereas Kent is pointless.

This lad is what? 22?

Highly likely to be part of next seasons squad and looks like he really wants to play.

If he is poor on Tuesday he will get taken off, but at least he can cross the ball..

7 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Eliasson, O'Dowda & Djuric to start against Brum. Only makes sense to have wingers if you have a target man. Diedhiou to come on after 60 minutes or so if Djuric tiring.

Not so, you can achieve great results with willing runners. Watch the Man City season show reel and see how many simple drag backs from or near the byline have resulted in goals.

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Not so, you can achieve great results with willing runners. Watch the Man City season show reel and see how many simple drag backs from or near the byline have resulted in goals.

Willing runners true. But there is a reason why Pack & Smith have scored so few goals from midfield. We would need a different central midfield pair to do it consistently. Both Brownhill & Bryan would do it, but neither of them have been played in CM.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Very true 

Only difference is that they rarely come from players going on a run with the ball into the bye line - often played in on an angle to get in there and we don’t have those to provide that service ;)

That’s not to say we may as well see what Eliasson can do

Could do a lot worse than say ‘Right I’m going to play you right through , now relax , go and work hard and show what you’ve got’

5 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Willing runners true. But there is a reason why Pack & Smith have scored so few goals from midfield. We would need a different central midfield pair to do it consistently. Both Brownhill & Bryan would do it, but neither of them have been played in CM.

which is why I always talk of Bryan as a midfielder and NOT  a Left Back. I've been saying so for years now.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

which is why I always talk of Bryan as a midfielder and NOT  a Left Back. I've been saying so for years now.

I and a few others are with you on Bryan not being a left back. Interestingly our best run came when he was in midfield rather defence...

7 minutes ago, John Galley said:

We should be playing Elliasson, Walsh and Kelly for the rest of the season and give them as much Championship experience as possible. You only have to look at Brownhill this season to see the benefit of getting some game time last season.

Definitely the first two, Walsh is too lightweight for me. Have him as a sub but not to start

Don't rate him and not sure he offers anything Opi Edwards might not bring to the table, but that said the kid did little wrong yesterday and the quality of his balls into the box shone beacon-like in the darkness. In that respect he should start, but don't hold your breath.

48 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Got to start on Tuesday, the only player we have who can cross a ball and take a decent set piece.

Him and O'Dowda on the wings for me and we might actually get a shot on target...

Totally. Eliasson looks to have something. Deserves a chance. 

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Don't rate him and not sure he offers anything Opi Edwards might not bring to the table, but that said the kid did little wrong yesterday and the quality of his balls into the box shone beacon-like in the darkness. In that respect he should start, but don't hold your breath.

Think his final ball is better than Edwards, Edwards is quick and better physically but Elliasson is a much better all round player at the minute

We’ve been found out big time. 

The Brum game needs a radical approach, we have the players so go for it - last chance saloon and all that.

Fielding

Wright      Flint     Baker

Elliason Pack Smith Bryan O Dowda

Reid

Djuric

Strong bench with Brownhill, Kelly, Famara, Pisano, Pato, Steele 

No excuses, go for it. 

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

I and a few others are with you on Bryan not being a left back. Interestingly our best run came when he was in midfield rather defence...

Not the view of LJ and others in game who describe him as best LB in championship and likely to be subject of large bids in summer, as well as being described as the next Danny Rose.  

I am on the fence, like the rest of the team his form has suffered in 2018

53 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

The Brum game needs a radical approach, we have the players so go for it - last chance saloon and all that.

Fielding

Reid

Djuric

No excuses, go for it. 

I see the Christmas tree formation. You're Mike Bassett, and I claim my fiver.

11 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Eliasson, O'Dowda & Djuric to start against Brum. Only makes sense to have wingers if you have a target man. Diedhiou to come on after 60 minutes or so if Djuric tiring.

You and I have the same thoughts again Dr Balls   Nothing beats getting to the bye line  making the defender turn and the big no9 heading in  just like  BIG Milan   v Ipswich !

Might as well have a go Vs Brum, give Eliasson a run and ODowda.

FF

Pisano - Flint - Baker - Bryan

Smith  --  --   --- Pack

Eliasson.      Reid       Odowda

FD

11 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Fielding

Reid

Djuric

No excuses, go for it. 

Just for something a bit different, how about Hegeler for Wright, and Kelly for Baker?  Otherwise I like the idea of Bryan on LHS of a 3.

Simples

1 Don't pick any players you are looking to get rid of in the summer

2 Don't pick players who seem not to be bothered (whether literally or who are so out of form)

3 Pick those hungry to show what they can do.

4 And please choose a captain who can lead on the pitch, regardless of age or first team experience

5 Don't overthink the game. The players can deliver if allowed to be freethinking

And, whatever else you do, don't blame the fans

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

You and I have the same thoughts again Dr Balls   Nothing beats getting to the bye line  making the defender turn and the big no9 heading in  just like  BIG Milan   v Ipswich !

Except Kelly’s cross was from about 20-25 yartds from byeline  !!!

Archived