IGNORED

Anybody buying a season ticket now?

Marlborough Red

21 hours ago, Judda said:

Come off it. If a few poor performances put me off buying a ST then I wouldn't have ever renewed let alone 20 years in a row!

Very good point. 

I was a STH on the last two blocks of seasons we looked like we couldn't compete in the Championship, and it looks like I'll be again... :pinch:

I renewed and the results didn’t impact on that.

A hefty £68 price rise and being made to do so in a ridiculous deadline when this current season still had more than six weeks to run, are in my opinion pretty shit “customer” service, though..

20 minutes ago, Steve_C said:

I haven’t renewed, generally to do with the way the so called modern game is going. For the past 3 years I’ve taken my son who slowly has got into it. I haven’t broken it to him yet that we haven’t got tickets for next season yet and feel bad for doing so but hopefully when he is older he will understand that when a club alienated fans by making them consumers or customers then they lose a certain type of person who isn’t prepared to stand by without standing up against certain injustices.

I totally agree with what your saying, but the post was about renewing after recent performances. My argument was that home performances haven’t been to bad and games have been entertaining with 2, possibly 3 exceptions. 

I’ve reluctantly renewed ours but I might feel the same as you next season if the club don’t start treating us as supporters and appreciate that we like to be with friends and families and we don’t want corporate/money types taking preference over loyalty and future. 

22 hours ago, Judda said:

Come off it. If a few poor performances put me off buying a ST then I wouldn't have ever renewed let alone 20 years in a row!

Hear what you're saying Judda, and I've always been one of the loyal ST buyers, but I got to say, last season was so abysmal I genuinely considered not buying one - going to City felt like a chore.

To top if off seeing Lee Johnson on stage with the Wurzels at the end of the season, celebrating like he'd won the Champions League, didn't help matters either.

The club's attitude towards it's "customers" has made many of its supporters look at a season ticket with more of a customers eye.

Is the product value for money?

What if I don't like what I paid for?

Can u get a refund?

What else is included?

Loyalty fades over time when you receive poor customer service, as it would with any retailer.

35 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That didn't actually happen though. Lee Johnson and the Wurzels were not on-stage together at any point.

Pretty certain he was on stage with all the club officials, then The Wurzels came on as the club people left. Apologies if I got that wrong. None the less, to see him celebrating on stage like we'd achieved something really boiled my blood - one of the worst seasons in memory and we barely escaped relegation.

20 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not so long ago most fans, even City fanatics who intended going to every game, didn't buy ST's.

We just turned up at the turnstiles on the day (if we wanted to) and paid to get in. If we missed a game it cost us nothing, but the club needed to perform or it would show in the next gate.

Crowds would fluctuate visibly depending on City's position in the table, how well we were playing, who we were playing, if we'd made a new signing etc.

If people's interest dimmed for a while they might stop going to a few games and the club would be aware of it as they not only saw the gaps on the terraces but also missed out on POTD monies, and of course actual attendances were published, so the whole football world could quickly see any decline.

Now people have to pay in advance for the whole season, so the club do not miss their non attendance financially, and can include STH's in the attendance even if thousands don't actually attend.

The idea you've got to commit for a season, or pay increased prices if you decide on POTD, probably leads to fans who lose a bit of interest to stop buying a ST and at the same time write off attending AG completely rather than suffer spells of disillusionment during a season as a POTD, take a step back to retrieve enthusiasm, but nevertheless in the end attend the majority of games.

Getting a ST is classed as the norm these days. 'Renew to avoid losing your seat' seems to be the big sell, and true as it might be, I can't help but feel such pressure for a big outlay, or the threat of paying an even larger individual match price on the day, must also drive a fair fans into 'making a decision about the club' and therefore leading to wavering fans perhaps overthinking the situation and coming to the conclusion they're losing interest altogether.

Absolutely spot on Nogbad....i would also contest that the introduction of all seater stadiums changed the way we choose to attend matches nowadays. It was ' normal' to be out in a boozer in Bristol on a Friday night and decide,  usually after a few beers , to meet up with your mates the following day at Ashton Gate ( if you were to do that now POTD you'd end up scattered to the four winds ! )  You never saw exactly the SAME faces every week in the East End or the Park End , YES you had the die hards  and we all knew who they were but the numbers fluctuated for all sorts of reasons like work or getting a new Top Hat fitted or whatever.....i never heard anyone say ' i'm more of a city fan than you....' which is in effect what some people are saying now !

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:51, Marlborough Red said:

In hindsight it was a master stroke by Bristol Sport to bring the Season Ticket deadline  for keeping your seat forward.

Wonder how many fans would have renewed after the pitiful performances in recent weeks. Barnsley / Brentford and Millwall in particular if we had until the end of the season to make our decision ?

Can't see many more (if any)  fans getting a season ticket until the summer and we see what players have been bought and sold.

This current squad  has produced relegation form since Xmas and with the likehood of 2 or 3 of our best players moving on , the fans will need to see significant investment in quality replacements to increase season tickets from todays numbers IMO

Assuming you can afford one , it depends if you support Bristol City or not I suppose, 

22 hours ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Hear what you're saying Judda, and I've always been one of the loyal ST buyers, but I got to say, last season was so abysmal I genuinely considered not buying one - going to City felt like a chore.

To top if off seeing Lee Johnson on stage with the Wurzels at the end of the season, celebrating like he'd won the Champions League, didn't help matters either.

True. Last season sucked. This season has had some great times though. Yes it seems to be fizzling out but if we can keep improving each season... 

Imagine not being a season ticket holder the year we go up! 

:sad26:

Archived