IGNORED

Anybody buying a season ticket now?

Marlborough Red

In hindsight it was a master stroke by Bristol Sport to bring the Season Ticket deadline  for keeping your seat forward.

Wonder how many fans would have renewed after the pitiful performances in recent weeks. Barnsley / Brentford and Millwall in particular if we had until the end of the season to make our decision ?

Can't see many more (if any)  fans getting a season ticket until the summer and we see what players have been bought and sold.

This current squad  has produced relegation form since Xmas and with the likehood of 2 or 3 of our best players moving on , the fans will need to see significant investment in quality replacements to increase season tickets from todays numbers IMO

Just now, Judda said:

Come off it. If a few poor performances put me off buying a ST then I wouldn't have ever renewed let alone 20 years in a row!

Absolutely. I`d have renewed even if we`d gone down just like I have when we have in the past - I go to watch and support City no matter who we`re playing or who`s playing for us.

Anyone who wants to wait and see what`s on offer really doesn`t get what supporting a club is all about.

IMO.

Absolutely,I’m sure all the people who are effing and jeffing at the moment will still renew,

when it’s in your blood,it’s in your blood.

After nearly 50 years of supporting Ive seen most things,looking forward to next season already.

I've decided not to renew this year. Followed city for 45 years and have recently just sort of fell out of love with the pro game and city as well. Will find something else to do next season as well as picking and choosing a few games home and away and see how I get on.

good post. it should flush out all those fair-weather fans who love to talk knowledgeably or who mock our club but dont put their money where their keyboard is!

Everyone who has bought STs in the past 5-10 years is highly likely to renew because they have seen the steady improvemnets every season. What we start with in August nobody knows but the excitement will be back even after this season has fizzled out.

7 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Haha, if you're not renewing your season ticket after a bad four months you truly haven't been here for the seriously bad times. 

Been here for the very very bad times, not renewing though.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps non renewers don't appreciate the price rises. Or move away- or are disillusioned with elements of the modern game.

Loads of factors as to why people may not renew tbh- far from always connected to results.

You are correct and there`s nothing wrong with not renewing for any one of a multitude of reasons. There is life outside football after all and other priorities arise.

What we`re responding to here though is the OP`s suggestion that people may not renew just because we`ve not been that good for a few games and that doesn`t equal support in my book I`m afraid.

I renewed regardless of what happens in next few weeks. Through thick and thin I can't think of a better way to spend Saturday's with those feelings of hope, joy, despair, anger pumping through my veins that dictate my mood for the following 48hrs. That's what following your club is all about

What I was suggesting is that there will be a correlation between our recent awful form and the number of season tickets sold from now on . 

Loyal fans , myself included, have already renewed  but I simply can't see many more buying ST's ,until or unless we make significant improvements in our playing squad .Nothing on the pitch in recent weeks will have convinced undecided fans to make the significant financial investment now we know the Team will be staying in the Championship with the likelihood of several key players leaving the club in the summer.

Believe it will be interesting to see  what next season's ST numbers are  compared to last year by the middle of the summer.

13 hours ago, frenchred said:

I've decided not to renew this year. Followed city for 45 years and have recently just sort of fell out of love with the pro game and city as well. Will find something else to do next season as well as picking and choosing a few games home and away and see how I get on.

Truly inspiring support; well done. And from France? Magnificent. 

12 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Haha, if you're not renewing your season ticket after a bad four months you truly haven't been here for the seriously bad times. 

He said 45 years; i think he has all bases covered. 

Was planning to renew with a seat move despite the price hikes and dour performances since Christmas - with 5 others.  Unfortunately the clubs phone line service is worse than our recent on field performances. Rightly or wrongly, I’m not one to chase - so I’ll leave it for the minute and head down to a game as and when. 

13 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I wouldn't mind a first half season ticket

I flexible season ticket that matches the half season when LJ has a good run would be popular 

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Truly inspiring support; well done. And from France? Magnificent. 

He said 45 years; i think he has all bases covered. 

originally from BS3 mate, had a stint n France with work which was when the account was created, hence the name!

I used to actually plan my trips home around city fixtures!

Not so long ago most fans, even City fanatics who intended going to every game, didn't buy ST's.

We just turned up at the turnstiles on the day (if we wanted to) and paid to get in. If we missed a game it cost us nothing, but the club needed to perform or it would show in the next gate.

Crowds would fluctuate visibly depending on City's position in the table, how well we were playing, who we were playing, if we'd made a new signing etc.

If people's interest dimmed for a while they might stop going to a few games and the club would be aware of it as they not only saw the gaps on the terraces but also missed out on POTD monies, and of course actual attendances were published, so the whole football world could quickly see any decline.

Now people have to pay in advance for the whole season, so the club do not miss their non attendance financially, and can include STH's in the attendance even if thousands don't actually attend.

The idea you've got to commit for a season, or pay increased prices if you decide on POTD, probably leads to fans who lose a bit of interest to stop buying a ST and at the same time write off attending AG completely rather than suffer spells of disillusionment during a season as a POTD, take a step back to retrieve enthusiasm, but nevertheless in the end attend the majority of games.

Getting a ST is classed as the norm these days. 'Renew to avoid losing your seat' seems to be the big sell, and true as it might be, I can't help but feel such pressure for a big outlay, or the threat of paying an even larger individual match price on the day, must also drive a fair fans into 'making a decision about the club' and therefore leading to wavering fans perhaps overthinking the situation and coming to the conclusion they're losing interest altogether.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not so long ago most fans, even City fanatics who intended going to every game, didn't buy ST's.

We just turned up at the turnstiles on the day (if we wanted to) and paid to get in. If we missed a game it cost us nothing, but the club needed to perform or it would show in the next gate.

Crowds would fluctuate visibly depending on City's position in the table, how well we were playing, who we were playing, if we'd made a new signing etc.

If people's interest dimmed for a while they might stop going to a few games and the club would be aware of it as they not only saw the gaps on the terraces but also missed out on POTD monies, and of course actual attendances were published, so the whole football world could quickly see any decline.

Now people have to pay in advance for the whole season, so the club do not miss their non attendance financially, and can include STH's in the attendance even if thousands don't actually attend.

The idea you've got to commit for a season, or pay increased prices if you decide on POTD, probably leads to fans who lose a bit of interest to stop buying a ST and at the same time write off attending AG completely rather than suffer spells of disillusionment during a season as a POTD, take a step back to retrieve enthusiasm, but nevertheless in the end attend the majority of games.

Getting a ST is classed as the norm these days. 'Renew to avoid losing your seat' seems to be the big sell, and true as it might be, I can't help but feel such pressure for a big outlay, or the threat of paying an even larger individual match price on the day, must also drive a fair fans into 'making a decision about the club' and therefore leading to wavering fans perhaps overthinking the situation and coming to the conclusion they're losing interest altogether.

Spot on and because so many people get a ST now it means they can fleece you for PotD.

It's not in Bristol Sports interest to offer attractive PotD prices otherwise too many people will do it and attendances against teams like Burton will fail to generate enough concession stand sales.

After going to nearly every home game for 35years and having a s.t. for the last 10 I took a season out this year.A word of warning you soon get comfortable watching sky sports news on a Saturday then going up the pub with the 40quid you've saved.Iam50/50 about next year

11 hours ago, pillred said:

a few?

In fairness out of the 9 Home league games since  Christmas I’d say 6 of those games have been decent even if they didn’t all see us get 3points. The only poor games were Norwich , Ipswich and Brentford, and we won one of those and should have beaten Norwich . 

I don’t think anyone can complain about entertainment in the Reading, Wolves,QPR,Sunderland, Fulham or  Wednesday  games. 

So quit friggin moaning, get off your laptops and get a season ticket . 

I haven’t renewed, generally to do with the way the so called modern game is going. For the past 3 years I’ve taken my son who slowly has got into it. I haven’t broken it to him yet that we haven’t got tickets for next season yet and feel bad for doing so but hopefully when he is older he will understand that when a club alienated fans by making them consumers or customers then they lose a certain type of person who isn’t prepared to stand by without standing up against certain injustices.

Archived