IGNORED

We could still get in the play-offs

AshtonGreat

I have a big Derby fan working for me. I was lamenting our decline yesterday and when talking to him realised they are far from safe in the play offs. They need to play Wolves, Villa and Cardiff.

Yes we are relying on other results but a win tonight and we could be 1 point off the top 6 :fingerscrossed:

As I've been told on here recently - always believe

I don't see it myself, but with these midweek games- it could all change again.

The games:

• We are at home to Birmingham- Now we have an appalling record against them but who knows, it has to end to sometime, doesn't it??
  • Millwall away to Bolton- What's to stop that bring a draw for example? Us, Cardiff, Villa and even Fulham have all dropped points there last few months.
  • Middlesbrough at Sheffield United...6 pointer that. One will, or both could drop points.
  • Derby at Wolves- Can't see Derby winning that.

Even looking at run-ins- though I think they've done enough- Villa aren't fully nailed on mathematically, they can't take it as a sure thing. Who do they play? Cardiff at home. Also away to Millwall and home to Cardiff coming up between now and the end. Away to Mick McCarthy's Ipswich too, that's not such an easy trip.

(Personally, looking at those teams just a bit back, I think Brentford have a nice run-in).

Archived