IGNORED

Time for " Plan B "

barneyrubble

Team and tactics for tonight.Our passing and movement game ain't working so let's go for something different. Play two genuine wide men start with duric cross the ball attack it and hit anything that drops at the white thing stuck in the ground.You never know it might work.

Time to be brave Lee and come up with something different. 

Fielding

Wright          Flint     Bryan

Smith          Pack  

Brownhill   

Eliasson            Reid            Odowda

Duric

I actually reckon this would work as long as the team are motivated to play.Over to you Lee.

We'll see something different tonight as Deano said in his interview that City haven't been creating many chances in recent games.So more crosses and that'll mean Djuric up top and CoD out wide and Bryan getting forward more. We may even see Kelly at LB with JB in front of him,

Team selection will be interesting tonight fir sure.

46 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Team and tactics for tonight.Our passing and movement game ain't working so let's go for something different. Play two genuine wide men start with duric cross the ball attack it and hit anything that drops at the white thing stuck in the ground.You never know it might work.

Fielding

Smith          Pack  

Brownhill   

Duric

I actually reckon this would work as long as the team are motivated to play.Over to you Lee.

Agree with what you say, but not the team. We need to mix it up and try something different , maybe go more direct and play off the second ball

i would play 4-4-1-2 

Fielding 

Pisano

Baker

Flint

Kelly

Elliasson

Pack

Smith

O’Dowda

Reid

Djuric

Reid playing behind , and getting onto any loose balls in the box. Get some width and balls in the box for Djuric to attack.

12 minutes ago, daored said:

Agree with what you say, but not the team. We need to mix it up and try something different , maybe go more direct and play off the second ball

i would play 4-4-1-2 

Fielding 

Pisano

Baker

Flint

Kelly

Elliasson

Pack

Smith

O’Dowda

Reid

Djuric

Reid playing behind , and getting onto any loose balls in the box. Get some width and balls in the box for Djuric to attack.

I agree playing 12 may give us an edge

32 minutes ago, daored said:

i would play 4-4-1-2 

Now that is a proper plan 'B'

1 hour ago, Barney red said:

Fielding

Smith          Pack  

Brownhill   

Duric

what pass and move game? city dont play one anymore unless you think frankies free kick j to flints head is flint moving and Frankie trying to pass to it. its been pass pass pass pass bang long repeat for months.

1 hour ago, Barney red said:

Fielding

Smith          Pack  

Brownhill   

Duric

Hang on we've just gone back to Plan A.

LJ

Hi Pep, Sorry to trouble you in a busy week, but you said to call , and we’ve run into a bit of a wall down here , and me Dean and Jamie are all out of ideas ....any thoughts.....’

PepDo you still have the high press going’

LJNo not really’

Pep ‘ Oh , but the passing is good ?’

LJ ‘Uhmmmmm not great ‘

PepOh , what have you tuned’

LJWe’ve chucked some big ins and a even a bull up front and chucked it forward ‘

PepOhhhhhh .......,. you have some ‘big uns’.........hmmmmmm.....My advice right now ....... big lump up top and chuck loads of crosses in , Sorry must go , good luck’

;)

:yes:

1 hour ago, daored said:

i would play 4-4-1-2 

Fielding 

Pisano

Baker

Flint

Kelly

Elliasson

Pack

Smith

O’Dowda

Reid

Djuric

Can see Djuric and Fam starting with Reid in the midfield. 

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ

Hi Pep, Sorry to trouble you in a busy week, but you said to call , and we’ve run into a bit of a wall down here , and me Dean and Jamie are all out of ideas ....any thoughts.....’

LJNo not really’

LJ ‘Uhmmmmm not great ‘

Pepbeing positive playing out from the Keeper, play play play?’

LJWell I put most of the team on the half way line to one side and our Keeper kicks it in the air towards them sometimes he misses all of them ‘

Pep ‘beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp...

How about a Wolves Plan B type set up?

Usually Wolves play 3-4-3/3-4-2-1- with Cavalerio and Jota the wide men who can also play inside forwards a bit, and Bonatini or Afobe up top. However, on Friday they played Jota behind Afobe and Bonatini- so a subtle change to a 3-4-1-2.

Maybe Plan B  along those lines maybe worth a go, something like:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker

O'Dowda Smith OR Brownhill Pack Bryan

Paterson

Reid then ONE of Diedhiou or Djuric.

Something like anyway. Could play Walsh behind the front 2 instead of Paterson. Or- if he's fit- Hegeler for Wright because he on paper could do well as a passing centre back in a back 3.

33 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

LJWell I put most of the team on the half way line to one side and our Keeper kicks it in the air towards them sometimes he misses all of them ‘

After reading the LJ bit,I imagined it said in a little boys voice,weird.

50 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Pep seems to be adopting our form now...

3 hours ago, Barney red said:

Fielding

Smith          Pack  

Brownhill   

Duric

I actually quite like that line up but we look light at the back.

I’d play 4-2-3-1; lose Brownhill from that line up and play a back four with Pisano (for argument’s sake) at RB.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Robbored said:

We'll see something different tonight as Deano said in his interview that City haven't been creating many chances in recent games.So more crosses and that'll mean Djuric up top and CoD out wide and Bryan getting forward more. We may even see Kelly at LB with JB in front of him,

Team selection will be interesting tonight fir sure.

It will be quite amusing the starting 11 is basically what we have seen already up to now....

Good news about trying out "Plan B" oh well it only took them 42 matches to try it

3 hours ago, Barney red said:

Fielding

Smith          Pack  

Brownhill   

Duric

I like that line-up. Maybe Kelly for Bryan as we have enough going forward and Kelly's better defending by the look of things. Not that Kelly will play. Bring Fam on to replace Djuric and you could still continue in the same crossing in to the box vein.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Let's go with an old school 1920s style 2-3-5 formation.

Fielding

Flint Baker

Pisano Wright Bryan

Reid Diedhiou Diony Taylor Woodrow

Birmingham won't know what hit them and will have no idea how to play. Problem is, neither will we.

How about 5-5 and just play long ball taking out the need for a midfield, with 5 defenders we don't need the defensive side of them either ;)

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ

LJNo not really’

LJ ‘Uhmmmmm not great ‘

PepOh , what have you tuned’

LJWe’ve chucked some big ins and a even a bull up front and chucked it forward ‘

PepOhhhhhh .......,. you have some ‘big uns’.........hmmmmmm.....My advice right now ....... big lump up top and chuck loads of crosses in , Sorry must go , good luck’

;)

:yes:

Too close to the truth.

A room in Manchester.

Bristol City are on TV.

A bald headed man intently looks at the TV.

30 seconds later the room is quiet.

The TV is switched off.

They will be loaning  players to Preston, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale instead.

by my reckoning it’s Plan E  (Allowing for a few minor amendments along the way )

A Busy bees / high press

B Chuck Flint up top and launch it ( Later Duric) (Less effective than A)

C 4-4-2 with Famara and Bobby Reid up front with Bobby ending up in midfield

D Chuck Diony Famara and Duric on together and launch it (Less effective than A or B)

E  tba 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

by my reckoning it’s Plan E  (Allowing for a few minor amendments along the way )

A Busy bees / high press

B Chuck Flint up top and launch it ( Later Duric) (Less effective than A)

C 4-4-2 with Famara and Bobby Reid up front with Bobby ending up in midfield

C Chuck Diony Famara and Duric on together and launch it (Less effective than A or B)

D tba 

D Will be a variant of B. Magnússon will hurl the ball at Flint every throw in. Fielding will kick the ball unsuccessfully at Fints head at every opportunity and every free kick will be aimed at Flint. The team have not been following orders thoroughly.

Every means EVERY. 

Archived