IGNORED

Just get the three points

ollywhyte

Was shot down a few days ago for suggesting we could still make the play offs. But with the game approaching again tonight I can't help myself, I'm sorry but I genuinely believe we still can. I don't care about our form now, it's gone, it's about here and now and who knows what may happen. It's football.

Win tonight and regardless of other results we are well and truely in the race.

A win tonight and we put ourselves in a position whereby we can travel to Boro with something to play for, no one can't deny that and we will have put all of the pressure on them! Two wins in a row and we will be at worst 1 point behind them and at worst 3 points behind Millwall. Also worth bearing in mind Millwall and Boro both play Sheff Utd away this week, no guaranteed wins.

All of this with three games left, two of which are at home. All three of which could be against teams with nothing to play for by then. Millwall and Boro still having to play each other as well.

Ifs, buts, maybes - I know. But why else are we football fans if we don't believe? Why aren't we all raring for a win, praying that we can still turn it around?

We could be mathematically out of the equation on Saturday, so why aren't we doing everything in our power to help these lads who have given us so much joy in terms of the cup run this season. They are clearly struggling right now so let's give them rapturous support, support we have seen in glimpses this season, but support we are fully capable of.

Believe it or not, we could be walking out of the ground tonight just one point of the play off positions. 

Worse case scenario? We remain in the Championship, with an amazing Chairman, full re-developed ground and an envious rival.

Come on boys, leave everything on that pitch for another 5 games and who knows where it could still take us.

Really don't care what sort of reception this post gets, I still fully believe and will do until it's mathematically impossible. Its why I love and hate football.

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

This should have been the match thread. Some people are so overly negative it’s unreal.

Yeah, why the negativity. It's not as though we've only won 3 games in 20, had 62 shots at our goal in 3 games , not had a shot on target for 2 games or averaged a point a game for 3 months is it.

Bloody defeatists :nono:

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Yeah, why the negativity. It's not as though we've only won 3 games in 20, had 62 shots at our goal in 3 games , not had a shot on target for 2 games or averaged a point a game for 3 months is it.

Bloody defeatists :nono:

Yes but we beat Man U and would have taken mid table at the beginning of the season. It is progression year on year isn’t it and we are building in secret so no other clubs are going to be interested in any of our players and we are going to go up with all our academy players and be self sufficient in the Premier League. We also believe in fairies and unicorns.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yes but we beat Man U and would have taken mid table at the beginning of the season. It is progression year on year isn’t it and we are building in secret so no other clubs are going to be interested in any of our players and we are going to go up with all our academy players and be self sufficient in the Premier League. We also believe in fairies and unicorns.

And all of these Academy players that will get us to the PL and probably Europe, will be born and bred Bristolians who of course will attract interest from 'bigger' clubs way before we get anywhere near the PL, but of course regardless of how much money these bigger clubs offer and the players themselves being offered x 4 of their wages here they will stay and become hero's.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

And all of these Academy players that will get us to the PL and probably Europe, will be born and bred Bristolians who of course will attract interest from 'bigger' clubs way before we get anywhere near the PL, but of course regardless of how much money these bigger clubs offer and the players themselves being offered x 4 of their wages here they will stay and become hero's.

Because they all buy into the project and are loyal and love Bristol City more than their own family.

It's not just about 3 points we desperately need a convincing performance as well to restore a bit of faith.

After the last few games my 'faith level' in these players and the coach to provide that is hovering marginally above zero.

Really not looking forward to the game at all. 

51 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Yep, yep, yep, yep

al molinaro.jpg

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's not just about 3 points we desperately need a convincing performance as well to restore a bit of faith.

After the last few games my 'faith level' in these players and the coach to provide that is hovering marginally above zero.

Really not looking forward to the game at all. 

Not to disagree, Nog, but I'd take a poor performance and a 1-0. Or, a poor performance like the 1st half v Sunderland, and its 3-0 scoreline. But not the 2nd half, obvs. Faith would indeed be restored with a good performance but - and I cannot believe I am typing this - it's all about results now. 

That's it, I'm out: I've descended into cliche hell.

4 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Not to disagree, Nog, but I'd take a poor performance and a 1-0. Or, a poor performance like the 1st half v Sunderland, and its 3-0 scoreline. But not the 2nd half, obvs. Faith would indeed be restored with a good performance but - and I cannot believe I am typing this - it's all about results now. 

That's it, I'm out: I've descended into cliche hell.

Wouldn't class the first half v Sunderland as that poor.

Wasn't brilliant yeah, but it was certainly good enough IMO. We had plenty of the ball and 8 shots on goal- reasonable tbh.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wouldn't class the first half v Sunderland as that poor.

Wasn't brilliant yeah, but it was certainly good enough IMO. We had plenty of the ball and 8 shots on goal- reasonable tbh.

8! Didn't know how lucky we were!

The OP is right. If we match or better Boro and beat them Saturday it may even make us favourites to make the playoffs. It is extremely unlikely considering our form(not really even looking forward to tonight) but if we did turn our form around tonight and finished these last 5 strong we have a decent chance. 

The first rule of Football Club is: get a shot on target. The second rule of Football Club is: get a shot on target (in case the first doesn't go in) Third rule of Football Club is: if the opposition shoots, defend it with your lives. Fourth rule: only two teams to play, you only need to score one and stop the other team from scoring to win.

Ready.

We've still got a really good chance at getting in the play offs.  Obviously we're not looking like it the way we've played lately but as you say that's in the past now.  Of course it's disappointing of late, but it's even more mad how some people are giving up already.

What happened to "Always Believe"?  Maybe the line should've been "only believe if we've actually done it and even then question it and worry that Sheffield United are still gonna win the league instead of you.."

Archived