IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

GrahamC

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Few people I know seem to think LJ won’t have enough faith to keep Kelly in against Middlesbrough. Guess we will see...

Johnson spoke earlier in the season about saying he believed Kelly good enough for any standalone game, but wasn't sure he was quite ready for an extended run (or words to that effect).

Think that was around November/December time.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Johnson spoke earlier in the season about saying he believed Kelly good enough for any standalone game, but wasn't sure he was quite ready for an extended run (or words to that effect).

Think that was around November/December time.

Yes LJ did say that, along with the fact he certainly didn't envisage sending the lad out on loan

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Looked like he had played 100Championship games , not a couple

Tremendous  composure , calmness and a lot of ‘footballing common sense’ / good decisions through the game

Excellent performance 

Take a bow Lloyd

He never looks flustered or hurried does he. Quiet the prospect. 

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tremendous  composure , calmness and a lot of ‘footballing common sense’ / good decisions through the game

Excellent performance 

Take a bow Lloyd

And wound up Jota early doors too.  I like that he’s got that maturity and confidence to show his opponent he’s no meal and mild youngster.  Not sure he broke sweat tonight.  Think he’ll play Left sided CB when he fills out....but no rush.

Big test v Traore on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Excellent performance 

Take a bow Lloyd

I said 200, so that's better

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

I think LJ is doing the right thing in not playing him in every game, he probably isn't used to the amount physicality in the game so needs longer to repair but on ability he is cracking talent to have at the club. 

Disagree just play him.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Disagree just play him.

Yep. No reason he shouldn’t finish the season. Not sure he could(or should) play 46 times next season but him and Mags splitting time at LB wouldn’t be terrible. Also, I get he wants to be a LCB but he has everything for a LB. A lovely cross on him. Quick enough to stay with quick wingers. Big enough to deal with more physical ones. He’ll get even better going forward when he plays more and grows confident. 

Very good game tonight. Good positioning , strong, pacy, timed his tackles well, didn’t dive in unnecessarily and shepherded his man into cul-de-sacs. One crap cross which ended up in the middle of the Brum supporters his only obvious error. Very promising . 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Disagree just play him.

And risk a strain or injury that may effect his long term development? I would drop him for Boro and then play him against Hull and Forest that have absolutely nothing to play for. It's not a trust thing we just need to make sure we're not overloading him. 

The lad has so so much time on the ball. doesn't mind mixing it.  Had a good battle with Jukewiscz (sp) and didn't look out of place.

I've been watching him for the last 3/4 years in the ressies and he's just getting better and better. 

if he can keep his head right he's going to have a big future!

Archived