IGNORED

Who will make the Play Offs?

Robin101

Who will make the play offs?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, joeyb said:

But we've never lost a league game at the Riverside...

And until Tuesday, Birmingham would have been saying they hadn’t lost at AG since 1993.

Personally I think the whole “we haven’t lost there since X” thing is overstated. I find it hard to believe that earlier results at a ground, often stretching back over more than 10 years, with different playing staff, different coaching staff and a different manager, can really have much bearing on the outcome. I think it’s more coincidence than anything else.

2 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Unsurprisingly very even.

Slightly surprised Millwall are considered 4th favourites for the play offs by city fans as a group. I know they have a tough run in but they’re in such outstanding form and already occupy the 6th spot.

Likewise, surprised Derby are favourites by a reasonable distance. They’ve been on a downward trajectory and their game in hand is Cardiff. 

I opted for Millwall and Middlesbrough. 

Millwall still have to play Boro... one of them will drop points, both if drawn.... tough for them both to get through.

Millwall's run-in is fairly horrible tbh, but they are in a good position to get in- momentum and belief are huge in football.

• Sheffield United away- 6 pointer.
  • Fulham at home- the only side in better form, a longer unbeaten run, than Millwall.
  • Middlesbrough away- 6 pointer.
  • Villa at home- Hard to gauge. Villa could be in the playoffs safely, but no chance of automatic promotion by then and therefore may rest a few. Or they could be right in a 3 horse scrap for 2nd and with all to play for, all to risk.

Haven't voted yet, as it's genuinely hard to call this division.

16 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The playoff final has to be Bristol City vs Cardiff. It’s written in the stars. 

Bamba getting sick on a kebab he ate the previous night, with Matty Taylor getting the hat-trick which takes us to the promised land. 

Warnock quits and refuses to shake LJs hand. 

If carlsberg did play offs

On 11/04/2018 at 12:44, ExiledAjax said:

I have it like this.  A straight shootout at AG for 6th, but if it were a draw and Boro beat Ipswich then both City and Utd would be disappointed.

Had us as:

2-1 win over Boro

3-0 win v Hull

1-1 with Forest

Optimistic yes...but hey, I can dream.

foot.png

Where can I do this predictor mate?

Such is the perverse nature of this team that we could confound everyone and sneak in at the end.

It might be unlikely after the last 3 months form and results but if we get the team mojo back from pre Cristmas then who knows?

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Derby and Boro will scrape 5th and 6th.

Villa Cardiff the other two spots

Wolves Fullham auto.

A very poor league this year apart from Wolves and Fullham imo

I think it’s the best Championship ever, gets stronger and stronger each season.  Why do you think it’s a poor league?

I think the key to us making it is playing our game and going for it, if we set out in all attack and don't sit back on any potential leads then there isn't a team in this league that will beat us. 

Too many times this season our down fall has been not going for the jugular.

I'd be telling the lads to believe in the football that we played at the start of the season regardless of going a goal down, because if we play into the opponents tactics then we're beaten before we start.

On 11/04/2018 at 11:51, Reading Red UTC said:

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

I used this predictor trying to be as realistic as possible.

The final result was Derby 5th with us 6th (on goal difference) .. it will be very close. Also, had Cardiff finishing 3rd :laughcont:

I think (hope) the key factor will be Boro's and Millwall's fixtures. 

A draw Saturday would be a very good result.  

2 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Where can I do this predictor mate?

@Reading Red UTC posted it

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Brentford started the season slowly and I remember someone on here - think it was @spudski - saying he expected them to do well this season. I wouldn’t rule it out given their form and run in; a late entry to the top 6.

Based on how they played against us you have to fancy Brentford - its especially surprising given the talent they have sold.

I'm surprised no-one on this thread has mentioned goal difference, when it's tight it will be crucial and it doesn't favour us - I can't see anyone getting a big swing in the last few matches.

Spent the last half an hour putting this together: (might be slightly optimistic but hey)

The 7 horse play off race for 5th and 6th 2017/2018

Derby-5points-73total-6th

• Burton-3
  • Middlesbrough-0
  • Cardiff-0
  • Aston Villa-1
  • Barnsley-1

Millwall-4points-72total-9th

• Sheffield United-3
  • Fulham-0
  • Middlesbrough-1
  • Aston Villa-0

Middlesbrough-7points-73total-7th

• City-0
  • Derby-3
  • Millwall-1
  • Ipswich-3

City-10points-75total-5th

• Middlesbrough-3
  • Hull-3
  • Forest-3
  • Sheffield United-1

Sheffield United-7points-72total-10th

• Millwall-0
  • Birmingham-3
  • Preston-3
  • City-1

Brentford-9points-73total-8th

• Fulham-0
  • QPR-3
  • Barnsley-3
  • Hull-3

Preston-9points-72total-11th

• QPR-3
  • Norwich-3
  • Sheffield United-0
  • Burton-3

4 hours ago, Nathandao said:

Spent the last half an hour putting this together: (might be slightly optimistic but hey)

The 7 horse play off race for 5th and 6th 2017/2018

Derby-5points-73total-6th

• Burton-3
  • Middlesbrough-0
  • Cardiff-0
  • Aston Villa-1
  • Barnsley-1

Millwall-4points-72total-9th

• Sheffield United-3
  • Fulham-0
  • Middlesbrough-1
  • Aston Villa-0

Middlesbrough-7points-73total-7th

• City-0
  • Derby-3
  • Millwall-1
  • Ipswich-3

City-10points-75total-5th

• Middlesbrough-3
  • Hull-3
  • Forest-3
  • Sheffield United-1

Sheffield United-7points-72total-10th

• Millwall-0
  • Birmingham-3
  • Preston-3
  • City-1

Brentford-9points-73total-8th

• Fulham-0
  • QPR-3
  • Barnsley-3
  • Hull-3

Preston-9points-72total-11th

• QPR-3
  • Norwich-3
  • Sheffield United-0
  • Burton-3

I admire your optimism but cannot see City getting 10 points from our last 4 games - I hope you are right as would defo see us in the Play Offs !

Can’t see us beating Boro on Sat - a draw would be OK if Sheff U/Millwall draw too. Need Fulham to then beat Brentford in the late kick off.

Can see us beating Hull and Forest as both now have little to play for and so for me, it will go down to the last game!

COYRs - we CAN do it 

Derby = 78 Points (5th Place)

(A) Burton - 3
(H) Middlesbrough - 3
(H) Cardiff - 1
(A) Villa - 0
(H) Barnsley - 3

Millwall = 73 points (7th/8th/9th Place)

(A) Sheffield United - 1
(H) Fulham - 1
(A) Middlesbrough - 0
(H) Villa - 3

Middlesbrough = 73 points (7th/8th/9th Place)

(H) Bristol City - 1
(A) Derby - 0
(H) Millwall - 3
(A) Ipswich - 3 

Bristol City = 75 points (6th Place)

(A) Middlesbrough - 1
(H) Hull - 3
(A) Forest - 3
(H) Sheffield United - 3

Sheffield United = 72 points (10 Place)

(H) Millwall - 1
(A) Birmingham - 3
(H) Preston - 3
(A) Bristol City - 0

Brentford = 73 Points (7th/8th/9th Place)

(A) Fulham - 0
(H) QPR - 3
(A) Barnsley - 3
(H) Hull - 3

Preston = 70 Points (11th Place)

(A) QPR - 3
(H) Norwich - 1
(A) Sheffield United - 0
(H) Burton - 3

My honest predictions. It will go down to the final game of the season.

On 11/04/2018 at 14:40, Wanderingred said:

I respectfully disagree here. A draw is little use for us imho. If Millwall win it would put us 5 adrift of them with 3 to go.. A Sheff Utd win would put us down to 9th or potentially even 11th depending on other results.. too many teams to overhaul for it to still be feasible. A point might be OK if it's a draw at Bramall Lane but we are running out of games to make up ground. We need to do more than just stay in touch at this stage.

I know the "must win game" thing has become a parody of itself recently but I really think 3 points is necessary for us to still be properly in the picture.

Boro will feel the same I'm sure so it should be an open attacking game. Im kinda excited! COYR

My initial statement was with the thought of lots of or rivals having to play each other! The Millwall Sheffield Utd draw for me means that a draw here would be absolutely fine! 

Ive always said if we are still in touch with three to play then we’ve got a great chance based on fixtures! Forest & Hull are on holiday then we’ve got a home match last.

Strap yourself in everyone this is going to be one hell of a ride.. 

Archived