IGNORED

Next seasons kit.

BCFC1512

Red and white for home with enough subtle changes that kids will bug their parents for the new strip despite the current top being in pristine condition.

One boys 40 pound shirt is another 2 pence at cash for clothes.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Red and white for home with enough subtle changes that kids will bug their parents for the new strip despite the current top being in pristine condition.

One boys 40 pound shirt is another 2 pence at cash for clothes.

Yeah my boy wants the purple one. So might wait till end of season if they change it may sell them cheaper 

3 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Yeah my boy wants the purple one. So might wait till end of season if they change it may sell them cheaper 

If they got stocks almost certainly.

Was it 2 seasons ago when the new hash tag kit was made available in time for the last game of the previous season (if that makes sense) ??

16 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

If they got stocks almost certainly.

Was it 2 seasons ago when the new hash tag kit was made available in time for the last game of the previous season (if that makes sense) ??

Unfortunately since we started making them ourselves, I’m not aware of any end-of-season price reductions on the kits.

In the Puma/Adidas days you could pick one up for £20 or less - I used to do it pretty much every year, but not anymore.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Heard it's going to be a different shade of green...

................bottle!

Appreciate it's a joke but I'd be wholly in support of a bottle green/british racing green third kit.

I honestly don't get this. The clamour for a new kit every year, £40 a pop , no end of season discount either now for the old kit, just a new home and away kit every year. Fair play to those that buy them, but I thought they were pushing it when it was home one year away the next. I'm all for the club bringing in money any way it can, but fuck me times have changed . 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Appreciate it's a joke but I'd be wholly in support of a bottle green/british racing green third kit.

I can remember when British formula 1 cars were racing green. Not sure what it would be like as a kit colour though.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No white stripe on the Hirerite kit ...

B5B5A791-D75A-4052-8A9C-41911C44B35A.jpeg

Unless you meant this one...

EEC61BD5-47DF-4D7E-A735-F3D055CD8044.jpeg

Oh wow, made my day you have :hug:

And as for a bottle green kit, we did have one around the time of the 3 Lee’s, or perhaps it was a training shirt as I bought one. 

And as for changing the kit every year, of course they will as they give it free with kids tickets don’t they. 

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Maybe Alex was getting mixed up with the white kit we wore against Mansfield T Wembley in 87

IIRC was white with a red band across chest with ‘Hirerite’ in white 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Oh wow, made my day you have :hug:

And as for a bottle green kit, we did have one around the time of the 3 Lee’s, or perhaps it was a training shirt as I bought one. 

And as for changing the kit every year, of course they will as they give it free with kids tickets don’t they. 

When I posted that photo I actually thought of you and knew you’d love it!

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

When I posted that photo I actually thought of you and knew you’d love it!

Really? Brilliant, thank you. That comment is as nice as the photo, and that’s a compliment.

As for the dark gree kit, Plymouth’s has got darker and darker over the years hasn’t it. Don’t like the design but the right design and a trim of white would look good I think. 

4F1E6300-92F2-4BD7-B7B7-FEF6E3B87CC6.jpeg

Where will they put this "new kit" in the City shop? Will they need to build an extension to cope? They're already overflowing with literally five extra small t-shirts and two 3XL tracksuit tops. Add in the novelty of a few keyrings and various Jon Lansdown edition comic sans "training wear" (aimed at people training on Microsoft Paint) and  you've got a heady mix that leaves little room for either customers or new gear.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Where will they put this "new kit" in the City shop? Will they need to build an extension to cope? They're already overflowing with literally five extra small t-shirts and two 3XL tracksuit tops. Add in the novelty of a few keyrings and various Jon Lansdown edition comic sans "training wear" (aimed at people training on Microsoft Paint) and  you've got a heady mix that leaves little room for either customers or new gear.

They were going to expand upstairs, but now that is the SC&T room. I know your reply was a bit tongue in cheek but I don’t think we will have anything different until we build the arena on the adjoining land, the shop will probably be part of that development.

And on my travels I have found a smaller shop than ours, Millwall. It did have some good offers though which we rarely find in ours.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe Alex was getting mixed up with the white kit we wore against Mansfield T Wembley in 87

IIRC was white with a red band across chest with ‘Hirerite’ in white 

Yeah, I meant this, sorry wasn’t being very clear, Friday night n’ all

362A535B-C8E8-4BE2-909E-B0F50B719EC5.jpeg

For me, new kits are always a non event. They’re almost always red shirts with white shorts with just occasionally red or black shorts. Even this year’s kit with the pin stripes isn’t particularly different Why can’t we have some variety, even if the basic colour scheme must be red and white - e g red and white hoops, proper red and white stripes, white shirts with red shorts etc?

I took a look in the shop last night and there were countless purple shirts on sale which suggests that not many people are keen on buying them, despite the clamour (or that the club overordered). 

I would prefer a return to a white away shirt. Alternatively, the days of being concerned about wearing blue are long gone for me. With the rugby tie in, I wouldn’t mind a blue/white hooped away shirt as something different.

Archived