IGNORED

LJ Press Conference

Londoner

Does anyone really think the half time team talk went like this:

‘Right lads, I’m taking Djuric off at half time and putting Bobby up there. Later on I’ll be taking off Diedhiou and putting Matty Taylor up top with Bobby. I want you to play hoof ball to the little guys. Got that?’

The players do need to take some responsibility for the decisions they make. The simple answer is they are not good enough or ready for promotion. That is ok in my book as I was not expecting promotion this season.

Funny; up here in Middlesbrough a completely different press conference seems to be reported. LJ saying that

Disappointed to concede from 2 set pieces because we knew that's what Boro would be strong from and we focussed all week on defending them

Flint and Baker respectively should have, usually do, better and it was players they should have been marking who won the ball

We should have had two pens for serious shirt pulling. (Certainly saw the first, on Djuric, not sure when the second was)

Boro better than us, Their players made the right decisions more often than ours.

Frustrating that when a great chance falls to the one player you'd want it to fall to he just has one of those days. 

All seems quite reasonable to me.

Traore against Kelly with Bobby in left midfield? I can see why LJ felt he had to change it & move Bryan into that position and Bobby further forward. The question really is whether or not to take off Djuric or Diedhiou. On Tuesday Djuric did nothing much with the hoofball played to him, while Diedhiou looked right up for winding up Harlee Dean, plus he has a decent goal scoring record this season. Djuric scored yesterday but I can understand the decision.

As for the defending that's down to the players doing their jobs probably, while playing hoofball with Taylor and Reid up front won't work if they have to compete for the ball but will work if it's played beyond the defenders for Reid & Taylor to run on to. That said they would both probably prefer balls into space behind the defenders along the ground. Hence the introduction of O'Dowda to give us an attacking outlet.

Maybe we just have to face the facts that as much as some want to lay all of the blame for our poor form at LJ's door, the players have also not necessarily done as well as they could have, and from time to time let themselves (and us) down, or are not as good as we would like to believe.

"Maybe we just have to face the facts that as much as some want to lay all of the blame for our poor form at LJ's door, the players have also not necessarily done as well as they could have, and from time to time let themselves (and us) down, or are not as good as we would like to believe."

Yes, all true, the players do have to take a large degree of responsibility - no question.

But I believe the lions share of responsibility for the debacle that is 2018 belongs with the club, and not just LJ

1. January window - been done to death. But little doubt that the lack of ambition is likely to have made a few players think WTF

2. Recruitment in general - overall loan signings appalling

3. Depth of squad - 4 windows in and very little overall improvement 

5. Lack of tactical cohesion 

6. Bizarre substitutions 

All in all it looks like the club are content to be where they are - and if that is the case, then be honest about it.

People go to watch their team for a multitude of reasons, I suspect had we got promoted most, not all, but by far the majority, would have been utterly delighted - success is important to most fans, I am starting to believe that those fans are not on the same page as BS.

To Londoner. Were you there? So many people i met outside the Riverside predicted posts like yours and then 'mocked' this forum for not being able to filter opinions of those who had watched the game from people who dont go to games and then want to be negative where it is easy to do so.

The same majority thought (for the 2nd consecutive match) Johnson got the starting line up right and then 2 out ofthe 3 subs correct as well, but then again if you did go to M'Boro then you would have seen why

Archived