IGNORED

People hurting however..

Markred

It’s been a great season, very enjoyable another improvement this year. Just didn’t have the strength in depth this season for the final push. A few more players in key areas and next year I believe we can be in the playoffs. 

Great season and thank you Johnson for making history this year... bounce around the ground! Chin up 

9 minutes ago, Markred said:

It’s been a great season, very enjoyable another improvement this year. Just didn’t have the strength in depth this season for the final push. A few more players in key areas and next year I believe we can be in the playoffs. 

Great season and thank you Johnson for making history this year... bounce around the ground! Chin up 

What history?

8 minutes ago, Markred said:

The only issue being this team has proven time and time again to have no backbone when it's all to lose. Where did the team shine best? When it was an underdog and expected to lose, essentially when the pressure was off.
After last season no-one expected this club to push for a play off spot so the team had no pressure on it, and it showed as we played with no fear and a lot of confidence, we even beat Man Utd 2-1 and numerous Premiership teams in a cup run but yet again, every one of those games was a no pressure game as we were expected to lose.
All this season has shown me is when it counts these players don't have it in them to play under pressure and Lee Johnson doesn't have the tools to change that. I know LJ isn't going anywhere, I know we'll lose a good few key players and ultimately unless we actually get very lucky with the players we do sign I honestly fear for next season.

You say a few more players in key areas, I say once we've lost a few key players we already have we're highly unlikely to have a better squad next season unless we bring in a few with a strong backbone.

14 minutes ago, Markred said:

Are you pissed?

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Wish i shared your optimism. Back to struggling again in this league next season i think with him at the helm.

14 minutes ago, Markred said:

Great first half , absolute shocking pathetic 2nd half of the season .

I fear for next season, we have an awful manager, our best players will be gone and will be replace by (and I’m judging this on LJ & MA past signings) complete donkeys and 3rd rate crap.

19 minutes ago, Markred said:

Do not average out this season, it really isn’t fair. 

You should not go from automatic promotion form to relegation form over night.

pathetic

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

The only issue being this team has proven time and time again to have no backbone when it's all to lose. Where did the team shine best? When it was an underdog and expected to lose, essentially when the pressure was off.
After last season no-one expected this club to push for a play off spot so the team had no pressure on it, and it showed as we played with no fear and a lot of confidence, we even beat Man Utd 2-1 and numerous Premiership teams in a cup run but yet again, every one of those games was a no pressure game as we were expected to lose.
All this season has shown me is when it counts these players don't have it in them to play under pressure and Lee Johnson doesn't have the tools to change that. I know LJ isn't going anywhere, I know we'll lose a good few key players and ultimately unless we actually get very lucky with the players we do sign I honestly fear for next season.

You say a few more players in key areas, I say once we've lost a few key players we already have we're highly unlikely to have a better squad next season unless we bring in a few with a strong backbone.

Bristol Don`t Care Bears.

18 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

What history?

18 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

He hasn't made history. How has he made history?

I questioned this earlier in the season when someone posted he had ‘made history in a record-breaking season’ - all he had to come back with was that he’d made our record signing for £5.5m !!! Yep, history! Breaking records! Broken record more like....

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. It’s an emphasis word. If there’s one thing that needs emphasising it’s how unbelievably shit the second half of our season has been. 

Fair point, well made.

'Rather' works in the same way.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

This in spades Spike - I was going to post something similar and my tongue in cheek thread about appointing a phsycologist is not too wide of the mark.

Johnson understandably gets stick on here for the way the season has imploded, but while the first half of the season shows the capabilities of the team, the second half shows that too many of the players have a mental fragility both individually but also as a unit.

Most players are capable of performing when there is nothing to lose ( last season's relegation battle and , as you say, the early part of the season when we had been everyone's relegation favourites and were the David against the premier league Goliaths in our cup run. 

Our slump started when we, and the players, had a lot/everything to lose when we were second in the table. It's a different mentality needed than in a relegation fight and perhaps the "tough summer" LJ refers to is perhaps because he has recognised the players that have driven to be not mentally strong enough and might need to be replaced.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I questioned this earlier in the season when someone posted he had ‘made history in a record-breaking season’ - all he had to come back with was that he’d made our record signing for £5.5m !!! Yep, history! Breaking records! Broken record more like....

Haha it's certainly been one of the strangest campaigns in history. After a season that promised so much, a lot of fans will look at this bunch of players as a letdown. I've said it before but that lap of honour after the Man City game, when they were treated as heroes, was the official end to the first part of the season. Any lap of honour after the Sheffield United game is likely to gain a much more muted reaction - and rightly so.

I don't really see why it isn't possible to simultaneously be impressed with the standard of football and appreciative of the cup run and the charge to the play-offs in the first half of the season and also be bloody furious at the way we have thrown it away since Christmas, especially in regards to throwing it away today and against Sunderland and Leeds and not showing up v Barnsley, Millwall and Brentford.

Doubtless Lee Johnson and the team deserve credit for what has gone right this season - which has included some of my favourite moments as a supporter - but it does not let him or them off the hook for a number of performances that simply are not acceptable. 

Archived