IGNORED

Team For 18/19

Davefevs

I think we might lose Flint, Baker, Pack, Bryan and Reid over the summer.  Think Pisano might head back to Italy too.

Here’s our starting line-up next season.

Fielding;

New RB, Wright, New CB / Magnússon, Kelly

O’Dowda, Brownhill, Smith, Eliasson

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

Steele, Moore, Vyner, Hegeler, Paterson, New CM, Taylor, Djúric, etc

#worried

In that scenario?

Probably a season of rebuilding and lower mid table mediocrity.

How we rebuild- the quality or otherwise of the replacements- probably then sets the tone for how the next few seasons after that pan out...

Fielding

New RB Wright New CB Kelly

Brownhill Hegeler Smith

O'Dowda Paterson

Diedhiou

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we might lose Flint, Baker, Pack, Bryan and Reid over the summer.  Think Pisano might head back to Italy too.

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

Steele, Hegeler OOC

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

Totally possible but not that likely, but that depends on the thoughts of the players after the huge slump since December and of course the right offers being received.

I think many on here think we would get a lot more £ for Young Bobby than is likely - I saw a post last night suggesting £15m which is laughable for a player going into the last year of his contract, with only one season of success in his new role.

I can see potential offers for Fam however, I am certain that he has attracted attention and that part of his and his agents thinking was to potentially follow the career path of another striker we signed from France.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'd like to see Djuric given more of a chance next season. His goals per minute played must be decent, we just need to avoid lumping it up to him at every opportunity.

But we wouldn't, it is what he thrives on and he in no way has the mobility or touch to play in a high press team.

Him starting every week, if he stays fit, only guarantees hoof ball.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'd like to see Djuric given more of a chance next season. His goals per minute played must be decent, we just need to avoid lumping it up to him at every opportunity.

Woodrow has the best :whistle:

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Steele, Hegeler OOC

Steele OOC, Hegeler - Summer 19.

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

But we wouldn't, it is what he thrives on and he in no way has the mobility or touch to play in a high press team.

Him starting every week, if he stays fit, only guarantees hoof ball.

Doesn't have to be aimless hoof.

Could be more direct to him in a more controlled way (though I see him as a sub in the main- but a useful squad player nonetheless).

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Totally possible but not that likely, but that depends on the thoughts of the players after the huge slump since December and of course the right offers being received.

I think many on here think we would get a lot more £ for Young Bobby than is likely - I saw a post last night suggesting £15m which is laughable for a player going into the last year of his contract, with only one season of success in his new role.

I can see potential offers for Fam however, I am certain that he has attracted attention and that part of his and his agents thinking was to potentially follow the career path of another striker we signed from France.

I wonder about Fam too.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

I think at the very least we'll lose Bryan, Reid and Flint.

In a strange sort of way I think Reid is most likely to stay. Wouldn't be surprised if we offer him an enormous contract. Would look very bad if all three left and morale would be low coming into the new season.

If I were him though I'd be out of here.. finally hit great form, approaching his best years and I imagine there's going to be lots of interest.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Pack go too as you mentioned, could see a lower prem footballing side like Swansea or Brighton or anyone who goes up wanting him.

Overall the age of our squad is good, Djuric is finally over his injuries and Diedhiou looks to be really enjoying his football.

Brownhill, O'Dowda and Kelly will have to step up next season and become key players, I think they've all got the ability to do that.

Really want Eliasson to be given a go. I think he's very talented.

Going to be a big recruitment job this summer I think.

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

I am a bit worried about Korey Smith going as well.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

Not sure how much LJ 'trusts' Bailey Wright these days.

Anyone thought about contacting Crimewatch re Hegeler?

Went missing in September last year, think he managed to escape from his captors for a week a month ago but gone awol again since.

Utterly futile signing.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Anyone thought about contacting Crimewatch re Hegeler?

Went missing in September last year, think he managed to escape from his captors for a week a month ago but gone awol again since.

Utterly futile signing.

16/17 Signings:

Tomlin

Magnusson

Moore

Djuric

Engvall

O'Dowda

Taylor

Hegeler

Brownhill

De Girolamo

O'Neil

Matthews

Paterson

Lucic

Giefer

Wright

Abraham

Cotterill

Ekstrand

Lucic

17/18 Signings:

Diedhou

Baker

Eliasson

Walsh

Steele

Pisano

Leko

Kent

Woodrow

Diony

Red = Poor Signings

Yellow = Jury is still out

Green = Good Signing

Just in my opinion of course, but this what I rate the quality of the signings we have made. Does anyone actually trust Johnson, Ashton, and the scouting team to actually be able to improve our team? Again in my opinion, we will be royally f***** if we lose the core players we have before Johnson was here. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

In which case, I would play either Magnusson at LCB or preferably Hegeler. 

As for being worried about how it will go, I will only be concerned about that if "you all know who" is still here. 

A new Head Coach for me is essential whether it is a punt on a European, Carvalhal or Silva type or a solid experienced Brit like McCarthy. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

What I feel we need most is either a keeper with good distribution, or a cb who can bring the ball out. This would better serve the ball on the floor passing game in the first half of the season, rather than the hoofball of the last oh so painful months. I couldn’t help but notice than when Hegelar played as cb early in the season against Barnsley, if memory serves, it enabled us to bring the ball out and build from the back. Too much of our possession is given straight back to the opposition due to Frankie’s poor distribution and I feel half of his great saves come from pressure he has put on himself due to kicking the ball straight back to our opponents. Perhaps vyner, who Plymouth fans claim is very composed on the ball, could provide this at cb. However, again, due to Frankie’s inability to command his box, and our fb’s inability to stop crosses without added protection from midfield, we need two old style cb’s to help protect him in the air.

Another option to build from the back would be to play a sitting defensive midfielder in a more anchor man type role between our midfield and defence who could, like pack often does, mop up balls, protect the cbs and dictate play from the back – indeed I thought this was why hegelar was signed - however the lack of defensive quality on our flanks (perhaps kelly can help solve this)  limits the chance for this extra man in midfield, as it also limits the opportunity to play a more attacking minded midfielder in a midfield central pairing or trio, or to utilise other formations such as 352 or 4132 for example. I had hoped Taylor moore could have been grown into this role as he played as a dm for England, but he has for some reason been shifted to rb.

7 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

What I feel we need most is either a keeper with good distribution, or a cb who can bring the ball out. This would better serve the ball on the floor passing game in the first half of the season, rather than the hoofball of the last oh so painful months. I couldn’t help but notice than when Hegelar played as cb early in the season against Barnsley, if memory serves, it enabled us to bring the ball out and build from the back. Too much of our possession is given straight back to the opposition due to Frankie’s poor distribution and I feel half of his great saves come from pressure he has put on himself due to kicking the ball straight back to our opponents. Perhaps vyner, who Plymouth fans claim is very composed on the ball, could provide this at cb. However, again, due to Frankie’s inability to command his box, and our fb’s inability to stop crosses without added protection from midfield, we need two old style cb’s to help protect him in the air.

Another option to build from the back would be to play a sitting defensive midfielder in a more anchor man type role between our midfield and defence who could, like pack often does, mop up balls, protect the cbs and dictate play from the back – indeed I thought this was why hegelar was signed - however the lack of defensive quality on our flanks (perhaps kelly can help solve this)  limits the chance for this extra man in midfield, as it also limits the opportunity to play a more attacking minded midfielder in a midfield central pairing or trio, or to utilise other formations such as 352 or 4132 for example. I had hoped Taylor moore could have been grown into this role as he played as a dm for England, but he has for some reason been shifted to rb.

I posted either yesterday or day before that Hegeler is probably one of our most technical players and I think one of our best players if we played a style to suit him.

His touch is exquisite.

The signing of Baker was to cover Flint going, but it ended up stifling Hegeler.

21 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

Vyner - every review from Argyle fans suggesting he is unbelievably calm and composed on the ball. Really want him and Kelly to be part of our back four next season

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

16/17 Signings:

Tomlin

Magnusson

Moore

Djuric

Engvall

O'Dowda

Taylor

Hegeler

Brownhill

De Girolamo

O'Neil

Matthews

Paterson

Lucic

Giefer

Wright

Abraham

Cotterill

Ekstrand

Lucic

17/18 Signings:

Diedhou

Baker

Eliasson

Walsh

Steele

Pisano

Leko

Kent

Woodrow

Diony

Red = Poor Signings

Yellow = Jury is still out

Green = Good Signing

Just in my opinion of course, but this what I rate the quality of the signings we have made. Does anyone actually trust Johnson, Ashton, and the scouting team to actually be able to improve our team? Again in my opinion, we will be royally f***** if we lose the core players we have before Johnson was here. 

Are you on the wind up? 

Wright a poor signing? Diedhiou jury out? Baker jury out? Yet Steele was a good signing? 

Wow

2 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

I think a back three of Vyner Flint Kelly would be very well balanced and a strong foundation to build a 3-5-2.

Also highly inexperienced. It would be a worry, irrespective of how much talent they have if both Vyner and Kelly are in the starting XI next year. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fielding;

New ST, Diedhiou

Rest of squad;

#worried

Relegated then?

Archived