IGNORED

Urban Myths

BTRFTG

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:52, Davefevs said:

Recruitment based on a style and sticking to it.  Sticking to principles, not deviating away from it if you believe it.  Tough decisions sometimes.

It is possible to play neat and tidy stuff with Diedhiou up front, we proved it in good spells on Saturday.  It doesn’t need Paterson floating.  The difference Saturday (whilst it was going well) was quick one or two touch passing, good service into players showing good movement.

In recruitment you might see players that you think can fit that, or you might focus on teams playing a similar way to get a better guide to ability to fit in.

Much as I can see the merits of a Djúric in the squad, it’s completely against the principles / identity of LJs style.  I accept he was recruited last winter when our position was in jeopardy, but LJs 442/4411 style / principle, has never been lump it to the big man, so you’d have to question where he saw him fitting in longer term.  £1.6m for a player you’re moving from Italy who doesn’t match your way of playing is irresponsible imho.

Dalglish bought Carroll and then had a LW Downing, RW Maxi....great....then played them on their wrong side.  What was he thinking?  £35m too....ignore the Torres money.

I think it is possible to improve this squad without spending £10m+ (on top of money we get from any sales).  We can be more frugal, and I also think it might buy LJ a bit more respect, and not enable us to beat on about Engvall, Moore, etc.

With hindsight???

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

I am bamboozled Dave you say not lis style or princible to lump it up to a big man well I am pretty sure that's exactly  what I have been watching lump it up in fams direction surely

2 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

I am bamboozled Dave you say not lis style or princible to lump it up to a big man well I am pretty sure that's exactly  what I have been watching lump it up in fams direction surely

TBF it is a question that can be asked of the squad/team at the moment. 
I'm not one to defend LJ too often, but I think sometimes that the long ball is the easy option, specially when the man in possession is faced with the lack of movement ahead of him that is quite usual in this team. 

On 23/04/2018 at 19:52, Davefevs said:

I think it is possible to improve this squad without spending £10m+ (on top of money we get from any sales).  We can be more frugal, and I also think it might buy LJ a bit more respect, and not enable us to beat on about Engvall, Moore, etc

As we enter another window, this resonates , a case of 'the more things change the more things stay the same'

2 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

CTID …

Myth.

How many passed the Russell Osman litmus test?

Not many.

Hold my hands up, not me. In my defence though, I’ll support any City manager provided I think they’ve got the club’s best interests at the heart . There’s two I never thought had that. Osmans interest was his own ego, Pulis’s was his bank balance. 

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

With hindsight???

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

makes the point about principles /  LJs style more debatable.

I’m not sure of the point you are trying to make, whether you’re agreeing or disagreeing?

It does seem strange to buy Djúric when we were trying to play through the thirds last season, sell him, and then decide to play more direct.  Doesn’t it?

28 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Hold my hands up, not me. In my defence though, I’ll support any City manager provided I think they’ve got the club’s best interests at the heart . There’s two I never thought had that. Osmans interest was his own ego, Pulis’s was his bank balance. 

I’m pretty sure LJ has City at heart....although there is an ego that comes out.

Archived