IGNORED

sunderland relegated???

pillred

5 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Shame, Sunderland is a great club.

They are playing better football than the first half of the season however, so on @Bob Bob Super Bob chart, they have progressed.

Points don't matter though. 

Just playing before you bite too hard.

:robbored:

They Probably ‘ signed some fantastic players’ this season like we did  

eh

:laughcont:

:thumbsup:

Will do well to do the same as Bolton when they were relegated. Their only hope is that they can offload the crap quickly, and try to get some real lower league gems in and playing for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went the same way as Portsmouth.

At least they have a cup final to look forward to at the mighty Bristol Rovers, bet they can't wait and the 8 or 9000 that will visit when the gas play up there, Stadium of Light won't be big enough for that game unless its a night game and the gas will only take 5000

6 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Chris Coleman proved just how shit he is, as said back when he was appointed. 

You don’t get your country to the semi final of a major international tournament if you’re shit....

Having said that, their fans do like a funny relegation song or two....here’s a couple from the last few years...

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You mean big name players on big wages DONT buy you success? Well I never. 

Helps if the players actually give a shit, although agree with your point.

The sad thing is, and it's the same as with all the other clubs that go down in the same way, is that the players will find themselves new clubs to rinse, whilst the supporters have to deal with whatever remains at their club. Absolute joke, and I feel for the fans. The players should be ashamed of themselves. They won't though.....

Had a text from a fan we met up there. ‘Last year Man City, next year Accrington Stanley’.

Sometimes it’s nice to see a big club get taken down a peg or two, but hard to feel any joy in Sunderland’s demise as their fans were brilliant and we had a great weekend away in February. Wanted better for them and Bradley Lowery. :sad26:

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Had a text from a fan we met up there. ‘Last year Man City, next year Accrington Stanley’.

Sometimes it’s nice to see a big club get taken down a peg or two, but hard to feel any joy in Sunderland’s demise as their fans were brilliant and we had a great weekend away in February. Wanted better for them and Bradley Lowery. :sad26:

Sack Coleman, bring in a fresh young manager, rebuild with a younger squad. They'll be back in no time. Plenty of lower league players would love to play there I'm sure, for or against. 

No pity from me for them. Anyway, they’ll probably have a bit of fun next season, remembering what football is actually like, away from the premier league influence. 

As long as they do ok, they’ll have their most enjoyable season for several years in League one. As long as they are suitably vaccinated before attending the Mem. 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

No pity from me for them. Anyway, they’ll probably have a bit of fun next season, remembering what football is actually like, away from the premier league influence. 

As long as they do ok, they’ll have their most enjoyable season for several years in League one. As long as they are suitably vaccinated before attending the Mem. 

They won't need vaccinations, coming from Sunderland, they should be used to visiting 3rd world slums already. 

42 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Has the English 3rd tier ever had a team with a 49,000 seater stadium in it since all seaters became a thing?

Must be far and away the biggest all seater at that level I'd have thought.  Biggest until now that springs to mind is the Ricoh (32k).

EDIT - Bramhall lane just beats the Ricoh, 32.7k v 32.6k!

Archived