IGNORED

Pitch Invasion Man City

Mr Popodopolous

Watched the tail end of Man City-Swansea.

There was a pitch invasion at the end- Sky seemed rather relaxed about it, I must say. Understandable, but I doubt they were relaxed about ours v United.

Also saw blue smoke on the pitch- either a flare or smoke bomb, I don't know.

Imagine if that was us though? Would the SAG not throw the book at us somewhat?

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That was proper tinpot that Man City pitch invasion,I get when clubs like us do it in a cup game kind of  but not a club that have won the league 3 times in 7 years or whatever it is 

Almost as bad as a JPT first round match.

16 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

The whole game was like watching paint dry, despite the goals. Swansea were just standing around admiring the "Champions" No ambition to actually fight for the ball and get anything from the game.BORING as hell.

Thought it was great. Fantastic watching that team play like that especially KDB and DS.

19 hours ago, Super said:

Thought it was great. Fantastic watching that team play like that especially KDB and DS.

We, as a middle table championship side showed how to counter and compete their system. In their faces and harass them at every opportunity. Swansea, were happy to just let Man City do their stuff and they were taken apart for it. It was more a case of a training attack/defense session. Man city completed over 1000 passes, mostly over about 2 yards, and if your happy watching a match with one side not attempting to compete then so be it. Not for me, football is at its best with two sides competing. I've seen 0-0 draws more entertaining than yesterday. 

20 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That was proper tinpot that Man City pitch invasion,I get when clubs like us do it in a cup game kind of  but not a club that have won the league 3 times in 7 years or whatever it is 

Why should a pitch invasion be tinpot? The team has won something and the fans want to celebrate. 

20 hours ago, Super said:

Almost as bad as a JPT first round match.

While that's true in technical terms, in a bit of context that was the first thing we had to celebrate for some time.

2-3 years of decline at an accelerating rate, no win since March was it and Bristol derby first time in a decade- maybe a bit tinpot but at the same time, was perhaps an outpouring of joy for a rare event (Bristol derby and indeed a win under S'OD- both really quite rare).

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While that's true in technical terms, in a bit of context that was the first thing we had to celebrate for some time.

2-3 years of decline at an accelerating rate, no win since March was it and Bristol derby first time in a decade- maybe a bit tinpot but at the same time, was perhaps an outpouring of joy for a rare event (Bristol derby and indeed a win under S'OD- both really quite rare).

From an outside view as ours is with Man City, looks ridiculously tinpot 

11 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I didn't think that SAG had any power to "throw the book at anyone". Safety Advisory Group, so only there to advise.

It's a hard one, but I'm fairly sure that- despite the name- they in practice would have heftier powers. Norwich's SAG warned of the risk of a reduction in capacity earlier in season after a complaint over persistent standing.

Maybe 'throw the book at' was a bit melodramatic, but I was annoyed at the double standards by Sky when I made the thread. :P

Fairly sure though that ours would be rather pissy if our fans had gone on the pitch and there had been red smoke though.

FA and Football League definitely would be.

23 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It shows it’s still special to them, unlike when Chelsea or United win it. Most Man City fans have lived through their relatively recent third division days.

If ever a pitch invasion wasn’t “tinpot”, it’s when you’ve won the league.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It shows it’s still special to them, unlike when Chelsea or United win it. Most Man City fans have lived through their relatively recent third division days.

If ever a pitch invasion wasn’t “tinpot”, it’s when you’ve won the league.

That's a good point.

Assuming though that is, that a lot of their old fans from the 90's, let alone before, weren't priced out. I suspect a fair few may have been.

Accept the point though.

53 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a good point.

Assuming though that is, that a lot of their old fans from the 90's, let alone before, weren't priced out. I suspect a fair few may have been.

Accept the point though.

Season tickets start at £299 last year, that’s hardly being priced out. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's ludicrously cheap for one of the top clubs in Europe- wow!?

It is. But that is one based in one of the poorest areas of the country. Add that to the European travels as well. Still a very good price for a season ticket to watch that football each week. 

Man Utd supporting colleague spends £820 a year on his season ticket and my mate who supports Spurs has just forked out. Wait for it..... £1,200 for his season ticket. It’s about the same distance back as the back of the SS at AG and about 2 blocks off centre. 

So a massive fair play to Man City for doing there best to not price fans out of the game

16 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

It is. But that is one based in one of the poorest areas of the country. Add that to the European travels as well. Still a very good price for a season ticket to watch that football each week. 

Man Utd supporting colleague spends £820 a year on his season ticket and my mate who supports Spurs has just forked out. Wait for it..... £1,200 for his season ticket. It’s about the same distance back as the back of the SS at AG and about 2 blocks off centre. 

So a massive fair play to Man City for doing there best to not price fans out of the game

I don't much care for their owners (but that's a political debate so I won't open that particular can of worms).

However with Man City, yeah fair play on that score, no doubt about that!

The Spurs season ticket prices for the new ground have caused much disquiet I was reading not long ago.

On 23/04/2018 at 19:54, AshtonPark said:

Season tickets start at £299 last year, that’s hardly being priced out. 

There's only around 1500-2000 at that price, I can't recall which. We use it to fill up spare single seats all over, you don't get a choice where to sit as far as I know, there could be a few at the back of the South Stand top tier, the one you lads, lasses and inbetweeners (got to be PC, right?) were.

Mine has gone up £20 to £635 for next season, bottom tier, close to the away fans, behind the goal, however, individual match prices for non-season ticket holders are a disgrace.

On 22/04/2018 at 19:15, joe jordans teeth said:

Celebrating a top flight title win by invading the pitch is tinpot? Righto.

I got some great pics, and finally got to see how big the South Stand is, looking from the pitch back at it. Sorry to be tinpot.

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

Celebrating a top flight title win by invading the pitch is tinpot? Righto.

I got some great pics, and finally got to see how big the South Stand is, looking from the pitch back at it. Sorry to be tinpot.

Ignore some mate

You enjoy every moment

We did when we were FA Cup runners up in 1909 - scenes !!! )

:clapping:

And make sure you keep lording it over the Man Ure fans

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ignore some mate

You enjoy every moment

We did when we were FA Cup runners up in 1909 - scenes !!! )

:clapping:

And make sure you keep lording it over the Man Ure fans

Flat caps everywhere, I'd imagine, absolute mayhem!

Apologies for my absence, had a bit of a rough time of it recently, bit of illness and a couple of deaths in the family, getting older sucks.

Was sad to see you guys tailing off at the end, wtf happened in that 5-5 draw? Amazing!

9 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Apologies for my absence, had a bit of a rough time of it recently, bit of illness and a couple of deaths in the family, getting older sucks.

Was sad to see you guys tailing off at the end, wtf happened in that 5-5 draw? Amazing!

Don't get us started :laugh:. Congratulations on the title win. It was a genuine pleasure to watch your boys play football this season.

10 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Sorry to hear that mate - I know all about that , last 3 years and sympathise

ar times like that Football can give you a lift and I should think watching the Pep machine romp the league with class football must help

seriously chuffed , after the crap you must have suffered from those at the Theatre of Screams over the years , that you are having plenty of days in the sun , and Long may it continue as far as I’m concerned

Together with Spurs and the Scousers I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching your team this season , intriguing , and breathtaking and it was truly a delight to watch us try to go toe to toe with you

Unfortunately there Endeth our season , it’s been a car crash with everyone trying to work out why

Our recruitment in January was not only pitiful but destructive and it looks like we will be losing some core players in the Summer and with our record of recruitment over the last 2 / 3 yrs many are seriously concerned 

We , for some bizarre reason went away from our high press short passing football and if you’d met us in April would have put double figures last us

Enjoy the title party mate and hope things pick up for you personally

Archived