IGNORED

Happy St. Georges Day

myol'man

Just seeing on Twitter etc that Princess Kate or whatever she is called has gone into labour, how very English that a royal heir (5th or 6th isn’t it) will be born today. Get the bunting out people.:blink:

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

St.Patrick wasn't born in Ireland, doesn't stop them celebrating him.

And I can't remember the bit in the Bible about St Andrew being Scottish either.

I never understand why the English are unique in ridiculing and agonising over their national day. 

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

And I can't remember the bit in the Bible about St Andrew being Scottish either.

I never understand why the English are unique in ridiculing and agonising over their national day. 

And was Joan of arc actually Jeanne d'arc an early cross dresser?, who knows?, who cares?, it myths and legends, every country in the world has them and most of them are bullshit.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Quite the opposite Robbo I'd say - it seems whenever the English have/want something to celebrate, the rest of the world have to chime in and put us down. In this instance "St George was Turkish-Roman" blah blah blah

Never hear this stuff when it's St Patrick's or St Andrew's. But any chance to put the English down I guess.

@myol'man 

Didn't notice your St Georges Day thread, soz,  before I posted mine ...

Theres been so little mention of it generally (yet again :mellow:) that I almost forgot it myself... 

Anyway all sorted now..

I've got my St George Flags (x 6) draped from my high rise flats windows again, (mind you I bet most people who see them will think it's due to Royal baby) either way April 23rd is sure to get more recognition from now on than it has before & St George Day celebrations can only benefit from that.

:englandsmile4wf: :englandflag: :englandsmile4wf: 

Archived