IGNORED

Marlon Pack for captain.

Ian Crabbe

As we come to the end of another season without seemingly a real leader on the pitch,with BW not always guaranteed a place,I think an early decision as to who will be captain next season is imperative.

My choice would be Marlon Pack,he seems to gee the players up more than anyone else,for most of the season has been one of the first names on the team sheet and I’m sure has the respect of all the players,also would probably not move on,meaning a few more might stick around.

Any thoughts anyone?

14 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Flint ,

give the armband to the big man and follow his example gives everything for city .

Doesn't want it, seen it at a match before someone went to give it to him and he gave it to someone else. Korey should be our captain. 

54 minutes ago, Ian Crabbe said:

As we come to the end of another season without seemingly a real leader on the pitch,with BW not always guaranteed a place,I think an early decision as to who will be captain next season is imperative.

My choice would be Marlon Pack,he seems to gee the players up more than anyone else,for most of the season has been one of the first names on the team sheet and I’m sure has the respect of all the players,also would probably not move on,meaning a few more might stick around.

Any thoughts anyone?

Do you really think that would make any difference ?

Pack is a leader in that he understands the game very well, but also the role he plays in the team means often he is the orchestra so needs to tell others how he wants them to move in front of him, especially if the game plan changes (hence LJ's note to Pack in the Birmingham(?) game). However, he doesn't offer the same level on tenacity or leading by example I believe Korey Smith or Bailey Wright do (more often than not, anyway!) Wouldn't complain to see any of the three have the armband on, really, we could do worse. 

As others have said we need a whole squad of players who won't shirk the challenge and will take responsibility in possession, out of possession and off the pitch. 

On a captain specifically, it's more of an off the field role anyway. More to do with mentoring younger players, being a voice for playing staff, being a trustworthy link between players and staff etc etc. 

The captain is the conduit to the manager and therefore is the representative of the squad. Therefore the captain can't afford to becto close to the players and Pack is very much "one of the boys" as it Flint. So neither is captain material imv.

Wright is the correct choice.

Just now, Robbored said:

The captain is the conduit to the manager and therefore is the representative of the squad. Therefore the captain can't afford to becto close to the players and Pack is very much "one of the boys" as it Flint. So neither is captain material imv.

Wright is the correct choice.

I'm not trying to being difficult, but don't your first two sentences contradict themselves? If you want someone to represent the squad you'd want someone who's very much part of the group rather than someone on the outskirts so they're trusted by the group, know the players they're representing properly and can give the staff more useful information, no?

Don’t wish to go off the subject but don’t think Wright would have played as much if Pisano had been fit all season or both Baker and Flint hadn’t missed games,therefore meaning captain would have passed around more,need captain to be playing regularly.

Archived