IGNORED

When to cash in on Bobby

Crimson Crayola

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Sure Bobby will play the last 2 games.

Providing Bobby is fit, LJ really has no choice but to play him at Forest - for the reason stated by @richwwtk above.
Regardless of what happens at Forest and in the other games in the division, it's odds-on that he will play in our last game of the season, too, having being our stand-out player all year. Plus, it could be his last game for us. 

39 minutes ago, Just8 said:

As the title suggests. If you had a bet on our striker being the top goal scorer would you settle now or wait? Do you think Johnson will be sympathetic to Reid’s challenge for the golden boot or will he tinker, with the intention of blooding others now that we have less to play for?

There is 'everything to play for-in honesty I can't see it,but win both and it could just,just be enough...Forest are beatable so we go for it..

5-5 anyone!!

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Not saying it's that likely, but what's the highest position we can achieve in the league this year?

6th - unless it is on goals scored then would could go against Boro into 5th - but worse goal difference

I have a feeling the other teams could go on holiday tonight and we would struggle to overtake anyone else

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Long shot as it is.

Yep, could do with a Cardiff win. Derby still have to go to Villa, though. And then face Barnsley, who will doubtless be fighting for their lives. Lots of ifs and buts...but stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Out of interest, how much does everyone on here think Bobby Reid is worth and what the club would let him go for?

Seeing hes out of contract in the near future i reckon the club would except 3 million

I genuinely think the 1 year extension makes people think we’ll sell on the cheap.  I don’t.  £10m+ to allow a club to speak to Bobby.  Is he worth that?  Probably not, but he’s not out of contract, so the ball in other team’s court to make a good offer.

£10m for a Prem club is nothing (rediculous but probably true).

Should Bobby hand in a transfer request, well, that’s a different matter....then you probably are talking £2-5m.

5 hours ago, Just8 said:

As the title suggests. If you had a bet on our striker being the top goal scorer would you settle now or wait? Do you think Johnson will be sympathetic to Reid’s challenge for the golden boot or will he tinker, with the intention of blooding others now that we have less to play for?

How much is it for

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I genuinely think the 1 year extension makes people think we’ll sell on the cheap.  I don’t.  £10m+ to allow a club to speak to Bobby.  Is he worth that?  Probably not, but he’s not out of contract, so the ball in other team’s court to make a good offer.

£10m for a Prem club is nothing (rediculous but probably true).

Should Bobby hand in a transfer request, well, that’s a different matter....then you probably are talking £2-5m.

Good post. As a club we ought to move a mountain to keep him here. Same as Pack and Bryan. Sadly can see them all going. The problem we then have is if the club are reliant on Ashton bringing in Players we are in deep shite!

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Good post. As a club we ought to move a mountain to keep him here. Same as Pack and Bryan. Sadly can see them all going. The problem we then have is if the club are reliant on Ashton bringing in Players we are in deep shite!

Seem to be a lot of people blaming MA for our record on signings. I thought he was the money man, not involved in actually picking the players? 

Yes he may say 'we can't afford him' but I was under the impression we used a team of analysts and scouts to pick them, with LJ having the final say.

If so I really am not sure why MA gets any blame. SL probably sets the wage budget so in reality his scope to affect it could be limited. We seem to have got better money when selling - which I suspect IS part of his job.

18 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Seem to be a lot of people blaming MA for our record on signings. I thought he was the money man, not involved in actually picking the players? 

Yes he may say 'we can't afford him' but I was under the impression we used a team of analysts and scouts to pick them, with LJ having the final say.

If so I really am not sure why MA gets any blame. SL probably sets the wage budget so in reality his scope to affect it could be limited. We seem to have got better money when selling - which I suspect IS part of his job.

No. Ashton is responsible for all football matters. He’s the man in charge of the whole recruitment system / philosophy. He’s in charge of the scouts, the analysts, player identification, the contract negotiations etc etc. 

If we’re not picking up good players, it’s on his watch. 

LJ is the head coach. He is responsible for what happens ON the pitch. His job is to coach and improve the players brought in under Ashton’s system. 

To the original post it depends on an offer and the size of the offer. Young Bobby is our player for another year but if the contract extension is not signed then we have a Maynard situation again

if a club puts a bid upward of 7 mil or we get a bidding war BR is likely gone. 

The issue is was this a one season wonder. I think not, but that will play into a decision. 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

To the original post it depends on an offer and the size of the offer. Young Bobby is our player for another year but if the contract extension is not signed then we have a Maynard situation again

if a club puts a bid upward of 7 mil or we get a bidding war BR is likely gone. 

The issue is was this a one season wonder. I think not, but that will play into a decision. 

The OP was talking about his bet!

I am optimistic about keeping Reid, Pack, Flint, Bryan, Paterson etc.

Yes we may lose 1 or 2 of our first team but the dooms day scenario that some talk about (all leaving) I don't think will happen.The club showed last year with Flint they were not prepared to sell our best players. I also look back to January when all the above were playing out of their skins with lots of TV coverage but I'm not aware that we had any bids for our players. Realistically it would need to be a Prem club as we are a top 10 championship club  and I'm not sure they are that interested.

:fingerscrossed:

On 24/04/2018 at 20:51, robin_unreliant said:

The whispers I’ve heard (not itk) are that he’s too involved in the ultimate player selection decision, when LJ has told us he has the final say.

6 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

No. Ashton is responsible for all football matters. He’s the man in charge of the whole recruitment system / philosophy. He’s in charge of the scouts, the analysts, player identification, the contract negotiations etc etc. 

If we’re not picking up good players, it’s on his watch. 

LJ is the head coach. He is responsible for what happens ON the pitch. His job is to coach and improve the players brought in under Ashton’s system. 

That contradicts what LJ tells us, that he makes the final decision.  See above.

56 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder if Ashton can offer Bobby a much improved deal to make him the highest paid player at club, with a minimum fee release clause of 15 or so million. Then Bobby gets a nice pay rise, plus then we get good money for him if a team bid the minimum fee. If a prem club think he can improve their attack, then they would surely be willing to pay well over 10 million for him.

I like the sound of that, but I wonder if Bobby and his agent don’t :whistle:

Be such a shame to lose him , personally I don’t get the need to move if a decent offer to him is made by city ,, been here since he was kid owes his career to city snd the faith shown in him ,and is Bristol born and bred .. hate the fact that nearly all players chase even more money and prioritise that over so many other factors 

Archived