IGNORED

Jonny Smith

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Enter Sandman said:

Exeter have a great youth set up and tend to prefer to blood their own youngsters and not stifle their progress by signing pieces of shit on loan 

:laughcont: I've seen some over-reactions on here but thats a great one!

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If Plymouth do come up then Exeter could become the new Plymouth as far as our loans are concerned. 

Exeter City are more than happy bringing their own players through, no way could I see them bringing one of ours through.

Their record with bringing their academy players through is outstanding.

Edit, I see this has been covered further up the page.

5 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Exeter City are more than happy bringing their own players through, no way could I see them bringing one of ours through.

Their record with bringing their academy players through is outstanding.

Edit, I see this has been covered further up the page.

And look where it's got them ! 

9 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Woodrow, Kent & Diony have been pieces of shit. My point being that we’d be better off playing our own players instead of these excuses for championship footballers 

Ah gotcha, I thought you were referring to Jonny Smith nd why Exeter shouldn't loan him. My mistake 

Just now, grifty said:

Ah gotcha, I thought you were referring to Jonny Smith nd why Exeter shouldn't loan him. My mistake 

Yes, maybe it wasn’t clear initially as I also got a snake reaction from someone which is inexplicable given what I meant. 

Whati meant was that the example of Exeter given, they prefer to bring through their academy prospects and not block their path by signing shite loan players. 

Bristol City could take a leaf out of their book. For example, rather than having Woodrow, Kent & Diony wasting their time here, we could’ve introduced important 1st team experiences to 3 of our younger lads instead. They certainly couldn’t have done any worse than what we’ve loaned in. 

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If Plymouth do come up then Exeter could become the new Plymouth as far as our loans are concerned. 

We have no historical relationship with Exeter at all. There is no reason to suppose that one is about to begin, either.

I don’t know why but we haven’t loaned  them a single player in years or bought any of their rising stars.

Plymouth and Cheltenham (the latter for obvious reasons) are our “go to” League One & League Two clubs.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We have no historical relationship with Exeter at all. There is no reason to suppose that one is about to begin, either.

I don’t know why but we haven’t loaned  them a single player in years or bought any of their rising stars.

Plymouth and Cheltenham (the latter for obvious reasons) are our “go to” League One & League Two clubs.

Yes I was thinking this the other day, we even had some ex-player links there at one time, Paul Tisdale for example. I don't know why this should be. It seems strange that there hasn't been anyone go to  Forest Green or even Yeovil for a couple of seasons either, LJ says nice things about Darren Way, but it makes me wonder of there is something in their set up that the club don't like. 

Archived