IGNORED

Sky TV after Friday.

22A

Scrolling through the programme planner, no programmes are available on any channel after 6.00am Saturday 28th April.

What's going on please? I know some channels change number on 1st May, but not before.

29 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Any good?

Well I'm coming from previously having TiVo which was slow, unresponsive, and kept falling over - catch up just never worked!! So on that basis, it's bloody fantastic!!!

We only have it in the one room, mainly as I'm not paying £12 (I think) to get it linked to multiroom. We just don't watch telly upstairs enough to warrant the cost. 

Menus are quick, easy to navigate, and there are features on it that I'm still finding out now. Have only just had broadband installed about 2 months ago - new build house - and to open up the full capabilities of the box, it needs a broadband connection. We only have 4mb (again new build problems) and it doesn't cause us any problems because of it, so faster (normal) internet connections would probably be quicker again. 

The one downside we've found is the download speed on catch up/boxsets, but again that's only down to our internet speeds.

Without checking, our box is 1tb, and it's about 10% full I think. That includes the Man Utd game, few concerts, films, and about 3 weeks worth of programmes from where we've been away and are still catching up.

Price wise we're paying £45 a month, and that includes all channels, all sky sports, and boxsets. The only thing we don't have is the movie channels, and maybe some kids channels.

I got Sky Q a couple of months ago and have had a couple of problems. 

Shortly after having it fitted I started to have connection issues with my laptop, I've had it several years and never experienced any problems but it suddenly kept disconnecting and at other times during the day/evening the connection would become so slow it would be unusable. After several days it became oddly apparent that no other device in the house (computers, tablets, phones etc) had any issues, and when my laptop would grind to a halt, everything else would still be working fine.

After some investigating online I found that the issue is a clash of wireless frequencies between my laptop and the router with the secondary Sky Q box (not the main one, the one we use for multi room) and the router. Essentially the router is becoming confused when attempting to connect to the Sky box and my laptop at the same time.

So to use the internet on my laptop now, I have to unplug the Sky Q box. 

It's annoying because as I'm sure you've all experienced they take quite a while to warm up after they've been unplugged.

9 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

I got Sky Q a couple of months ago and have had a couple of problems. 

Shortly after having it fitted I started to have connection issues with my laptop, I've had it several years and never experienced any problems but it suddenly kept disconnecting and at other times during the day/evening the connection would become so slow it would be unusable. After several days it became oddly apparent that no other device in the house (computers, tablets, phones etc) had any issues, and when my laptop would grind to a halt, everything else would still be working fine.

After some investigating online I found that the issue is a clash of wireless frequencies between my laptop and the router with the secondary Sky Q box (not the main one, the one we use for multi room) and the router. Essentially the router is becoming confused when attempting to connect to the Sky box and my laptop at the same time.

So to use the internet on my laptop now, I have to unplug the Sky Q box. 

It's annoying because as I'm sure you've all experienced they take quite a while to warm up after they've been unplugged.

I’d change the channel your Wi-fi router is on rather than have it set to auto. That should fix it 

• Admin

My wifi is absolutely pants with my sky - less than 1mbps download speed

Tried calling them but they are not interested

As for the changes basically all the +1 channels will be listed together - which actually seems a very logical thing to do

Archived