IGNORED

Get a grip

EnglandsNo2

We would of all snapped ur hands of at being offered top half championship football , which we achieved well before the seasons end , yeah we had a cup run and long overdue too I was born 86 the 1st I can remember great well done Move on  . But our problem is as fans  we get to hyped up on the headlines and what other people think of our club . Personally I don’t give a hoot what others think we made strong progress in the league and Now have established ourselves firmly in a good position to push on and make the play offs next year , too many city fans are very short sighted take a step back look at the bigger picture we will get to the prem but it might take another 5 years but as  fans let get behind it and stay behind it because it could be a lot worse just look at the gas 

COYR 

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Not another topic from a happy clappers. I've followed this club for a long long time and I'm pissed right off with how we threw away a golden opportunity. But hey ho you keep applauding mediocracy it's what they want.

Is top half of the Championship mediocrity? 

I’m no happy clapper trust me , but what’s the point in slagging off players that have have gave me the proudest night supporting city beating utd 2-1 I’ll never forget it no drug could top that feeling  , Take that with a comfy top half finish for me our best season since we lost to hull in play off final , attracting better players will be much easier this summer with the war chest lJ will have , min 25 mill income with the sells of flint , Bryan , maggers and duric , we got some cracking youth coming Thur as well Kelly and vyner are jus the tip of the ice berg and we are really going to benefit from the cash injection and restructure that lansdown done years ago we will soon see a lot more Bristol lads in pro football 

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

It is from where we were yes

Fair enough. I see both sides. Don't know where I stand personally. We were probably largely over achieving earlier in the season but yes I agree it's a horror show that we have cocked it up.

I'm a big LJ fan, I think he's a good coach, but even I have been left questioning substitutions and lack of willingness to make changes during the game. Seems we have a plan A and not much else. For me my bigger worry is off the pitch, our recruitment is ******* appalling. January was huge for us and we cocked it up completely. Wrong players bought in, it's a mess.

I don't know where we go from here. Pretty confident we'll lose all of our better players in the summer - there are teams above us who will miss out on promotion and want them and probably in a couple of cases crap Prem teams wanting them and I'm not convinced we will replace them adequately. Manager needs to take responsibility, certain players need to take responsibility for this season too. But I'm already thinking about next season and I have no idea how it's going to go

6 minutes ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

I’m no happy clapper trust me , but what’s the point in slagging off players that have have gave me the proudest night supporting city beating utd 2-1 I’ll never forget it no drug could top that feeling  , Take that with a comfy top half finish for me our best season since we lost to hull in play off final , attracting better players will be much easier this summer with the war chest lJ will have , min 25 mill income with the sells of flint , Bryan , maggers and duric , we got some cracking youth coming Thur as well Kelly and vyner are jus the tip of the ice berg and we are really going to benefit from the cash injection and restructure that lansdown done years ago we will soon see a lot more Bristol lads in pro football 

Thursday night is the new Friday night

4 minutes ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

....attracting better players will be much easier this summer with the war chest lJ will have , min 25 mill income with the sells of flint , Bryan , maggers and duric....

2 minutes ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

What 18 months ago?? The season is not won in December 

Who is going to sign Maggers and Djuric?  And December wasn’t 18 months ago....

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Fair enough. I see both sides. Don't know where I stand personally. We were probably largely over achieving earlier in the season but yes I agree it's a horror show that we have cocked it up.

I'm a big LJ fan, I think he's a good coach, but even I have been left questioning substitutions and lack of willingness to make changes during the game. Seems we have a plan A and not much else. For me my bigger worry is off the pitch, our recruitment is ******* appalling. January was huge for us and we cocked it up completely. Wrong players bought in, it's a mess.

I don't know where we go from here. Pretty confident we'll lose all of our better players in the summer - there are teams above us who will miss out on promotion and want them and probably in a couple of cases crap Prem teams wanting them and I'm not convinced we will replace them adequately. Manager needs to take responsibility, certain players need to take responsibility for this season too. But I'm already thinking about next season and I have no idea how it's going to go

We’re not a big club and will have to cash in our star assets for me cash in on Bryan flint and Reid now and use all that money to sign the brentford scouting team haha well some of it  tiny club don’t break the bank and play good football 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who is going to sign Maggers and Djuric?  And December wasn’t 18 months ago....

Both have attracted interest from abroad , flint and lJ fell out majorly in Dubai will be 1st out the door sadly another few will follow but for me vyner is a more than adaqute replacement a proper modern Centre half him and Lloyd Kelly will be our starting partnership within 18 months 

1 minute ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

Both have attracted interest from abroad , flint and lJ fell out majorly in Dubai will be 1st out the door sadly another few will follow but for me vyner is a more than adaqute replacement a proper modern Centre half him and Lloyd Kelly will be our starting partnership within 18 months 

Need to tie Lloyd Kelly down pretty rapidly then, unsure what’s left on his current contract mind, but there are some pretty big clubs keeping tabs on him that’s for sure.

6 minutes ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

Which foreign clubs want Maggers and Djuric?

21 minutes ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

Im not in general going to slag off the players for whats happened this season, there is a core of the squad that have played getting on for 50 games this season, and its been a massive long slog for them.

im very much of the opinion that those responsible for the january transfer window totally blew it, and a lack of leadership of the teamis to blame too. 

You cant tell me that the likes of reid, smith, pack, brownhill and a few others havent given it their best shot?

12 minutes ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

?

1 hour ago, EnglandsNo2 said:

beating utd was indeed a great result but that does not gloss over the spectacular fall from grace we have had in the last 4 months, and no amount of we did better than last season etc will change that, and your point about being able to attract better players, if you looked at our form over the last twenty odd games would you join us, go be honest with yourself you wouldn't.

Get a grip? 

Sorry but right back at you. We were second... second. In great form, along with a solid cup run and looking good for AT LEAST a playoff spot. And with our knockout competition form this season that still didn't have many worried. The fall since that has been of epic proportions. What is it, about 19 points from 21? Something like that.

At the start of the season sure, 10th or whatever and a cup run is lovely. BUT, our goals and aspirations changed. You think Leicester City's goal at the start of the Premier League season a couple of years ago was to win the league? Like **** was it. But they got themselves in such a position that goal changed and they adapted to it.

This squad have not adapted at all to that new goal and as soon as teams began to look at us as a genuine threat they all crumbled. They shouldn't be proud of that. They should be embarrassed at what they've suddenly become in only four short months.

Goals don't have to just be set at the start of the season and reviewed at the end. Any good leader will consistently be reviewing goals and amending them to meet the current circumstances. This is what the club have done but they've failed to meet them.

Should we REALLY celebrate this collapse because at the start of the season this is what we expected? Bollocks. That's what Bristol City has been for too long and if we settle now, we always will.

**** your settling for mediocrity (which midtable is). **** your best season because we beat United in the Whogivesacrap Cup. We've collapsed and there's a bloody lot of work to do.

But you keep celebrating beating Manchester United as if that's the best thing we'll ever do. That's what mediocre clubs do. Just like how Bristol Rovers fans dwelled for years on beating us in knockout competition a while back as if it was their world.

We've failed. Recognise it.

3 hours ago, frenchred said:

Not another topic from a happy clappers. I've followed this club for a long long time and I'm pissed right off with how we threw away a golden opportunity. But hey ho you keep applauding mediocracy it's what they want.

Another happy clapper topic? I've seen the opposite on here recently...

Way too many topics have been started by people to wallow in self pity that we 'threw it all away' when the reality is that we ended up where our current team deserved (above expectations in my opinion) the OP is right we have progressed and improved on and off the field and people should look at the bigger picture. 

If this is mediocracy then you mustn't have renewed your season ticket during the L1 years/Champ relegation battles or have a memory of a goldfish.

We all feel gutted by missing the playoffs after starting so well but that is football it happens. Play off places are not wrapped up by Christmas and we simply didn't maintain it. 

We have established ourselves as a serious Championship team and I'm happy with that for now - I see only good things to come in the future with the current club infrastructure and the Prem could be on the horizon in the next few years.

You won't see that I would imagine with those shit stained specs you're wearing.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What, from struggling against relegation for the last 2 seasons..?!

Come on. I respect that you try to put the positive side across, it helps balance the forum, but from playing premiership quality football and being second (comfortably in the playoffs) at Christmas, to this disaster of a 4 month stretch is poor. Your right, in that it’s not as poor as other parts of the Lansdown era, but this is bad. For a team to be so consistently good for four months, to being so inept for 4 months, Is not very good.

Archived