IGNORED

Iniesta

The Batman

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/27/andres-iniesta-barcelona-leave-end-of-season

Has now confirmed that he will be leaving Barcelona at the end of the season. Was not exactly a secret, but now it's come form the horses mouth.

A phenomenal talent, one of the greatest midfielders football has ever witnessed. Won absolutely everything there is to win. One of my favourite players in my lifetime

Looking forward to a Smith, Pack, Iniesta midfield 3 come August. (thought i'd get that in before anyone else did)

Off to China one presumes. Possibly the MLS but it would probably be China.

Does Xavi still play in Qatar? maybe those two can get the band back together?

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Has he retired from International football now?

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Has he retired from International football now?

I thought he had, but maybe he has one tournament left in him.

Mind you, Spain have Saul from At. Madrid - he is the Aire to the Throne. They also have Asensio & Isco.

Absolute headache selection for their boss at the World Cup ahead.

14 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I thought he had, but maybe he has one tournament left in him.

Mind you, Spain have Saul from At. Madrid - he is the Aire to the Throne. They also have Asensio & Isco.

Absolute headache selection for their boss at the World Cup ahead.

Not the worst problem to have. Hope we are having similar selection headaches next season.... 

Iniesta is one of the greatest of all time. Be a little sad to see him finish in China but I guess his bank manager may not agree!

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Heard Mark Ashton is on the Easy Jet to Barca as we speak - "one for the future" apparently.

Going to spend the the first half of next season up at Cheltenham - get him used to English football.

Give him the managers job! We do like to give to a quality midfield player.

There have been some stunning players throughout history, but Iniesta made being brilliant look not only easy, but graceful. Although he will never be held to the same degree as Messi or Ronaldo, who are the best the game has ever seen, Iniesta seems to be playing his own game. When in possession time almost slows as he causally, precisely and effortlessly plays the ball, without relying on great pace or stature. Very few players can achieve this. As such he will remain one of my favourites ever, along with Zidane, who was similar in his ability to play his own game. 

Obviously, one of the greatest players of this generation, and he'll always be remembered as a key member of "that" Barcelona squad that dominated for years.

With that being said, I don't see him committing to a team in a competitive league. He'll go to either India, China or the middle east to wind down his career.

I doubt he'll go to America, considering they've reduced the number of older players they're signing from abroad. Most of their European signings tend to be younger rather than retirees, and the quality over there has improved considerably because of it.

Just now, ziderheadarmy said:

We had one as good in Paul Scholes but several England managers ruck hik in the left wing to fit in Lampard and Gerrard.

Scholes was a superb player best midfielder this country has produced since Gazza.

A proper manager would have played all 3.

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Dump it long on Iniesta. If he miss out in the air against a League 2 donkey send him out on loan to Polperro F.C.

The Bristol City way.

Friday happy hour Tommy?

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Now that is a quality midfield. 

Cole - Lampard - Scholes - Gerrard - Beckham

Reminds me of a comment a United supporting friend made when Gerrard retired:

"I wish United had bought Gerrard and Lampard in their prime, it would have been great to see a midfield of Giggs - Scholes - Keane - Beckham"

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Reminds me of a comment a United supporting friend made when Gerrard retired:

"I wish United had bought Gerrard and Lampard in their prime, it would have been great to see a midfield of Giggs - Scholes - Keane - Beckham"

Only a United fan would think Keane was better than Gerrard.

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Bristol's the best place to live in England. People in general don't care about football and the same goes for Bristol Sport. Easy life cashing in massive money.  

It's always been famously laid back tbf. The gentrification has made the average person care even less imo.

"Graveyard of ambition"

Archived