IGNORED

Iniesta

The Batman

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

With both Cole and Beckham having had the ability to come inside too, a'la Spain with Silva...

What might have been eh?

That was my thinking. Honestly think we'd have at least competed with that side.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

With both Cole and Beckham having had the ability to come inside too, a'la Spain with Silva...

What might have been eh?

When is the Veterans World Cup?!

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

There have been some stunning players throughout history, but Iniesta made being brilliant look not only easy, but graceful. Although he will never be held to the same degree as Messi or Ronaldo, who are the best the game has ever seen, Iniesta seems to be playing his own game. When in possession time almost slows as he causally, precisely and effortlessly plays the ball, without relying on great pace or stature. Very few players can achieve this. As such he will remain one of my favourites ever, along with Zidane, who was similar in his ability to play his own game. 

I don`t think I`ve ever been so pleased for a player than when he scored his world cup winning goal. 

Thanks for some magic moments down the years.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Quite a few people would think so including Gerard Hoiulier who felt Gerrard lacked the tactical discipline to play that holding role Roy Keane occupied.

Gerrard could play anywhere he wanted. Complete midfielder unlike Keane.

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

Or played on a cold tuesday in stoke!

what a beautifully gifted footballer andres iniesta is.

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Quality player in a great team but as above would he cut the mustard at Stoke on a February Tuesday night like Silva has at Man City,I have my doubts  

https://talksport.com/magazine/virals/2011-10-20/video-iniesta-scores-wonder-goal-v-plzen-could-he-do-against-stoke-city

....and Stoke City have signed four ex Barca players so I suppose Barca players can play at Stoke on a Tuesday!

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Scholes was crap and not better than lampard or gerrard in central mid according to some England managers  :facepalm:

Scholes was class but so were Lampard and Gerrard. Like i said why could no manager find a system to play all 3?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Gerrard could play anywhere he wanted. Complete midfielder unlike Keane.

Discipline can be considered a skill. 

Keane was able to sacrifice himself for the team to play a holding role brilliantly. It is debatable if Gerrard could have done similar, or wanted to which is more to the point.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Scholes was class but so were Lampard and Gerrard. Like i said why could no manager find a system to play all 3?

They did play together ... Not particularly well.

Gerrard lacked the discipline to fit into a system which would have required him to be restricted. At Liverpool he was the focus of a team built around him that was defensively conservative to accommodate him playing with freedom.

Lampard had similar traits. And again played in a conservative (Scholari apart) club side that accommodated him and allowed him freedom to play the game as he saw fit.

Both players wanted to play in similar areas. 

One needed to be restricted, or dropped to provide balance for the other. Scholes was the one to be restricted and locked into left midfield ... Which looks like a nonsense now. 

Archived