IGNORED

Shots on target?

Andy082005

How in the hell does any football team at any standard go 90 minutes with out a shot on target? 

More importantly ...how does this happen with us so often?

The amount of games we participate in without barely having a shot on target is shocking 

If this is progression for some....god knows what they consider regression 

Just now, Andy082005 said:

How in the hell does any football team at any standard go 90 minutes with out a shot on target? 

The amount of games we participate in without barely having a shot on target is shocking 

Yeah, I’m really surprised especially when you have a winger so good as Callum O’Dowda. He always beats him market and puts in decent crosses?

Yep, three times this has happened recently. If it reoccurs at the start of next season the pressure on the tactical genius will crank up. Anyone who fails to see this as a problem is in denial tbh.

Our winless run away from home in 2018 will not end now until at least August, if it stretches into September, October etc. then the fact we finished 10/11th this season will not wash either.

I think you are focussing on the wrong measure, according to most fans - don't you appreciate we are making continued progress toward becoming an established Championship team (with many games with no shots on target, but that is not important) come on now - look for the positives when we score we concede.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Well, hypothetically:-

- you do rather better than anyone expected, and are in second place come Xmas!

- "oh shit! we are not ramped up for the Premier League", and it would be a financial shock to a small-minded club.

- better reverse out of the promotion spots, and what better than to guarantee no goals (in certain games) than not shooting on target

- nice, safe, commendable 10th place finish

- tea and medals, and no nasty bills for agents fees and top quality wages.

Just a theory.

I'm sure its not the actual case.

:thumbsup:

PL

Middlesbrough-Millwall

3 shots on target apiece- two of which were goals. 2, perhaps all of Millwall's shots on target were very very weak and easy to save.

Playoff contending clash, 6th v 8th.

Liverpool-Stoke- Top 4 pushers v relegation scrappers.

Shots on target?

Liverpool 2 Stoke 1.

Game is changing, far more controlled and micro managed by coaches than what it was even a decade ago.

One consequence of this is less shots on target. Also Karanka's tactics would contribute to this in our case.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just can’t believe Eliasson hasn’t got any game time. Was really excited about his signing. But when we have been struggling surely he deserved a go . At least he can get a ball in . And can beat a man. Oh well expect he will go on loan or be moved out

#OneForTheFuture.....bloody hell, successful managers at this level sign proven players for the present....

I'm more interested in the chances to shoot vs shots ratio. 

We seem to want to walk the ball into the net too often. 

Arsenal reminded me of city the other night. Gaping acres of spaces on the wings but cutting back and barely a cross. Another dozen passes instead before breaking down. 

I'd genuinely be interested to know how a player decides when it's better to shoot or pass sometimes. 

They're not all playing against David De Gea on a weekly basis. 

21 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think they count towards the shots on target.

Same as a penalty that is scored 

I don`t think they count blocked shots either so if you hit one on target from the edge of the box and a defender chucks himself in the way it doesn`t count as one.

I could well be wrong about that but I`m sure I heard it somewhere.

22 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm more interested in the chances to shoot vs shots ratio. 

We seem to want to walk the ball into the net too often. 

Arsenal reminded me of city the other night. Gaping acres of spaces on the wings but cutting back and barely a cross. Another dozen passes instead before breaking down. 

I'd genuinely be interested to know how a player decides when it's better to shoot or pass sometimes. 

They're not all playing against David De Gea on a weekly basis. 

My greatest fears is that LJ wants to copy Arsenal’s style.

Absolutely hate it, boring, sterile, plodding, passionless game of risk adverse chess. A reincarnation of SoDs dominate possession and we will win....but don’t look at the league table as that tells you something entirely different.

The game’s moved on from the 90’s. Fast, attacking risk-taking football is the winning formula now go out and deliver it LJ.

Archived