IGNORED

Great result

Big Red Rich

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

Has there not been progress this season?

Depends how you look at it... overall the season has been better than the last but if you look at this season only then we've gone backwards with our performances. It's all good and well saying we've progressed but based on our finishing position and missing out on the playoffs this summer may see our progression turn to rebuilding again as we could lose a few key players. 

I don't think I need to be a happy clapper or a grouch but if I'm a realist we've got a very tough summer coming up.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Depends how you look at it... overall the season has been better than the last but if you look at this season only then we've gone backwards with our performances. It's all good and well saying we've progressed but based on our finishing position and missing out on the playoffs this summer may see our progression turn to rebuilding again as we could lose a few key players. 

I don't think I need to be a happy clapper or a grouch but if I'm a realist we've got a very tough summer coming up.

An interesting summer for definite. However the table does not lie, we have made progress with a budget that is smaller than many teams below us. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

LJ said recently that this summer window could be a tough one and got slated for saying it!........jeeez........:disapointed2se:

He's quite right. Other clubs will be interested in some of better players and it'll be tough to keep them especially if they're offered better deals/wages. 

If some move on then LJ and MA have to recruit players of Championship quality, hope they'll intergrate within the squad and be able to produce the goods on the pitch.

It'll be an interesting summer for sure.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ said recently that this summer window could be a tough one and got slated for saying it!........jeeez........:disapointed2se:

He's quite right. Other clubs will be interested in some of better players and it'll be tough to keep them especially if they're offered better deals/wages. 

If some move on then LJ and MA have to recruit players of Championship quality, hope they'll intergrate within the squad and be able to produce the goods on the pitch.

FFS he said that about January and every other transfer window, it's why he get's so well paid to work these things out and last week he started with 5 players out of the 30 he has signed and today just 4, not great recruitment so far methinks.

Give it a rest you lot....this league is fantastic, and we have played a big part, albeit up until Christmas, certainly our stock has risen, and we have never threatened the drop, we have currently a plus 5 win ratio and on last season that is a huge plus, we have lost 12 this season as opposed to 23 last, so plenty to build on going forward.   I think we actually overachieved given the squad we have, especially when you look at the top half of the table teams, bar Preston. I really can't get my head around the LJ haters, he is here for the long haul and will be the one that SL trusts to take us up, within the next three seasons. So better get on board you motley crew :winner_third_h4h:  

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

FFS he said that about January and every other transfer window, it's why he get's so well paid to work these things out and last week he started with 5 players out of the 30 he has signed and today just 4, not great recruitment so far methinks.

Point being EMB is that largely due the EFL cup run other clubs are far more aware of City's players thanks to the extensive TV coverage City got.

LJ wouldn't have been aware of that in January.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

He's quite right. Other clubs will be interested in some of better players and it'll be tough to keep them especially if they're offered better deals/wages

I players of Championship quality, hope they'll intergrate within the squad and be able to produce the goods on the pitch.

That’s the thing though... can LJ and MA revamp the side. Do their signings so far give you confidence they can have a successful summers recruitment?? Especially if they are looking to replace Reid, Flint and Bryan.

ive got no confidence as the spine of the side bar maybe big d up front ain’t his boys.

Archived