IGNORED

Who would you like.... and why?

DOZZYBCFC

26 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

East Fife are in League 1... Did they go out of League 2, come back up and then get promoted? I do not recall them dropping out of the league.

Apologies; it was East Stirlingshire who Ed C replaced in the League.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

Apologies; it was East Stirlingshire who Ed C replaced in the League.

Thanks for the correction... Arhhh i missed East Stirling.. What a shame. I like your point about Cove Rangers. Gonna be looking out for them now.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Think you are confusing size with success imo, but I didn't intend to start a debate.

Thought that was what a Forum was all about?! I’m not confused about size or success...was just interested to know why you thought both PNE and Millwall are ‘much smaller’ clubs than us...but if you don’t want a discussion that’s fine...cheers

I want Cardiff to go up just to prove a point about Warnock.

I think playoffs will be Fulham, Villa, Boro and likely will be Preston (obviously NOT READY to go up after only being in the Championship for 2 seasons) - notice a pattern here? Waffle and bullshit?

At the other end Bolton and Barnsley to go down. I want Barnsley to go down to prove the point that you can’t keep flogging all your players (City take note) and expect to stay up. 

Also if they are in League One then Lee Johnson won’t be so keen to keep going back to them and raping them of their players. He’ll have to stick to plan B, bring Djuric on, stick Flint up top and go route one. 

On 01/05/2018 at 07:37, Major Isewater said:

The advantage to a Preston or Millwall promotion would be the end of the ' bigger clubs with bigger budgets ' excuse . It would  no longer be credible and responsibility for coaching would have to be accepted.

The club have implicated the Chelsea scatter gun approach to signing players , evidently at a lower level, but we need to see some returns on that next season.

That money could have been used to bring in one or two quality experienced players which could have made all the difference this year.

Completely agree. Maybe Eliason is our Salah! 

Back on thread, I want Fulham to go up (as they are not Cardiff) and maybe Villa just due to the size of their budget making it tougher for us. 

Id like to see Cardiff relegated..... several divisions..... but other than that not fussed. Like to see clubs like Burton punching above their weight but 4 0-0s (appreciate we were one of the sides making that scoreline too) in a row is bloody horrendous viewing! 

24 minutes ago, Xspence said:

Back on thread, I want Fulham to go up (as they are not Cardiff) and maybe Villa just due to the size of their budget making it tougher for us

Id like to see Cardiff relegated..... several divisions..... but other than that not fussed. Like to see clubs like Burton punching above their weight but 4 0-0s (appreciate we were one of the sides making that scoreline too) in a row is bloody horrendous viewing! 

Was three 0-0's.

Villa, Fulham- doesn't matter, both will have FFP issues if they stay down. Derby too probably. (Surprisingly Cardiff not mentioned in those terms, but their parachute payments are all gone as of next season- so maybe but they won't blow it Sunday I suspect).

I genuinely wanted it to be you lot going up, and had been looking forward to your final game all season but it wasn't to be.

So...Cardiff automatic (sorry), I just think they deserve it this season. Would love to see Preston sneak into the playoffs and go up, but that would confirm relegation for Burton which I don't want. I'm not particularly keen on any of the others in the playoffs so I'll choose Villa, purely to get rid of them for next year. I'd take no satisfaction from seeing them promoted though.

Relegated - Not sure if it is mathematically possible but Reading and Birmingham. I think both have been appalling this season. At least Birmingham have shown some fight towards the end, but Reading don't seem to ever win. 3-0 at our place a week or so ago and then 4-0 at home to Ipswich on Saturday - utterly pathetic.  I think they will be one of the worst sides I've ever seen survive if they stay up. 

Enjoy the derby with Barnsley and have connections to Burton Albion so will be really pleased if either manages to escape.

25 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I genuinely wanted it to be you lot going up, and had been looking forward to your final game all season but it wasn't to be.

So...Cardiff automatic (sorry), I just think they deserve it this season. Would love to see Preston sneak into the playoffs and go up, but that would confirm relegation for Burton which I don't want. I'm not particularly keen on any of the others in the playoffs so I'll choose Villa, purely to get rid of them for next year. I'd take no satisfaction from seeing them promoted though.

Relegated - Not sure if it is mathematically possible but Reading and Birmingham. I think both have been appalling this season. At least Birmingham have shown some fight towards the end, but Reading don't seem to ever win. 3-0 at our place a week or so ago and then 4-0 at home to Ipswich on Saturday - utterly pathetic.  I think they will be one of the worst sides I've ever seen survive if they stay up. 

Enjoy the derby with Barnsley and have connections to Burton Albion so will be really pleased if either manages to escape.

I want Burton to stay up as I am moving to within a mile of the Pirelli, next Friday.

22 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Thanks for the correction... Arhhh i missed East Stirling.. What a shame. I like your point about Cove Rangers. Gonna be looking out for them now.

Read the book "Pointless", about the travails of ESFC. Hilarious, poignant and sad.

Archived