IGNORED

Sheff Utd is must win

Olé

4 hours ago, Fuber said:

Think that speaks volumes as to how desperate he must be then.

The one time I wouldnt care and would rather see a few younger players. E.g. Kelly and O'Dowda on the left together.

I mean for god sake - I just wouldnt mind seeing O'Dowda, Eliasson, Reid, and Fammy - for once - in the same starting 11.

I have a horrible feeling that LJ is incapable of dropping Pato.

Perhaps we have to pay a fine to Liverpool if we don't play Pato . 

:yes:

7 hours ago, Olé said:

I've always wanted to start one of these threads. They've been so successful the previous ten times we had one, I think we have a 0% record in OTIB-appointed Must Win Games™. So let's have one last one for old times sake.

If we've learnt anything this season it is to have as few must win games as possible. I suggest that next season we either sign a few more players like Diony or play a few of our Under-12s so that we go into games as massive underdogs and City are spared the overbearing pressure of minor expectation.

For added effect let's have the players run out at Ashton Gate to the theme tune of the magic roundabout and have home fans all dressed as sunflowers throwing small balls of cotton wool onto the pitch. Anything to create a happy marshmallowy sort of environment free of the dreaded must-win. 

P.S. #1 On recent respective league form our point at Burton is looking more and more impressive.

P.S. #2 For the sake of Niclas Eliasson's poor family at least tell them where you have buried the body.

The players and coaches should be obliged to wear clown disguises complete with Flint size shoes.

:laughcont:

I don't understand the mentality of some posters, I really don't.

9 points from the remaining fixture will see on 76 points, and into the play-offs by the skin of our teeth, just ahead of Derby who are going to bottle it yet again. With that in mind I think a front three of Kent, Diony and Woodrow should get us over the line on Sunday. Live the dream people.

#COYR #NeverTooLate #FinalPush

23 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't understand the mentality of some posters, I really don't.

9 points from the remaining fixture will see on 76 points, and into the play-offs by the skin of our teeth, just ahead of Derby who are going to bottle it yet again. With that in mind I think a front three of Kent, Diony and Woodrow should get us over the line on Sunday. Live the dream people.

#COYR #NeverTooLate #FinalPush

O.k. Lee keep taking the tablets! 

7 hours ago, Fuber said:

This might be a case of man management. At Forest, Patterson was, I think, in and out of favour, with more than one boss, and after an initial display of what he could do, his form became inconsistent at best. He spent time on the fringes, out of favour. When he got a chance, he struggled to grasp his opportunity.

Johnson, by continuing to select JP through lean times, might be saying: I believe in you, 100%. It is different here than at Forest. 

I thought Joe Bryan needed dropping or removing from the fray last winter but Johnson stuck with him. And Joe has delivered this season, with his goal v MU a brilliant high. Not forgetting some lows too, of course.

So it might be this. Or what you say.

8 hours ago, Fuber said:

On balance i still think Pato is more often an asset as opposed to a liability.

Even in our dire run since Christmas he has played well at times - take Sheff Weds for example where we all saw flashes of the old Pato.

My biggest criticism of LJ is that he seems unable to coach improvements in players - he just buys new and discards /loans the disappointments - we need to get better at improving players (and probably then moving them on for profit - see JB) I think Pato has done enough to warrant a pick, despite recent performances.

8 hours ago, Olé said:

On a serious note, I just listened to the Radio Bristol post match coverage (NTTDS & Geoff Twentyman are a great catalyst for a mid afternoon nap) and when it came to Lee Johnson's interview, he said something that even by his standards has me absolutely baffled.

Honest to god, he says something along the lines of "when we got word that Derby had been pulled back to 1-1, we really wanted to go for it but I'd made all my subs". I assume this is a reference to the sight of Flint suddenly going up front for the last five minutes.

You may be several steps ahead of me here, but where do you even start on this sort of logic!? Why is he only suddenly turning the match into a must-win scenario when Derby are being held to a point? What the hell was our objective for the afternoon prior to that? 

As it happens, like most of us, I'd long since written off the playoffs and was more disappointed we didn't see some experimentation yesterday, but what totally baffles me now is that he did pick his strongest side, but per his remark, clearly wasn't really going for it.

To that end he took off a striker having a good game and only upon Villa's equaliser (the idea we were monitoring Derby's score I find bizarre anyway) he suddenly in his own words had conviction to get a result, but no longer had the attacking options (again, his words). 

Can anyone clarify whether we were supposed to be taking yesterday seriously or not, because I'm totally lost here. :noexp:

Ole,

I honestly believe that Lee Johnson doesn't have the faintest clue on how to manage or head coach a Championship football club.

I know it will be a long time in the future but I really do hope that I will still be compos mentis/alive when he leaves Ashton Gate for the final time. 

17 hours ago, Super said:

Is anyone bothering next week?

Super, nope I aint going. Being on a Sunday for me is not a good day, if we were pushing for promotion/play-offs I would have moved heaven and earth to be there but we are finishing on a whimper. 60 odd years of going to the Gate can drain a bloke :ill: and I have a few months to recover before starting again in August :banana:

If anyone wants my ST ( Senior in the Lansdown) just PM me and they are welcome to it.

17 hours ago, Super said:

Nope. Be assed to chuck away a bank holiday on sterile turgid rubbish served fresh from the tactical genius who brought you City 0-0 Burton, Cardiff 2-1 City, and Forest 0-0 City.

19 hours ago, Super said:

I certainly am!  Attending with a Blades supporting mate and, rather embarrassingly, its my first visit to AG since the rebuild (I do tend to get to 10-12 away games a season though), so strangely very excited by a dead rubber game. Was just hoping it was going to be a winner takes all play off place decider....

2 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

I certainly am!  Attending with a Blades supporting mate and, rather embarrassingly, its my first visit to AG since the rebuild (I do tend to get to 10-12 away games a season though), so strangely very excited by a dead rubber game. Was just hoping it was going to be a winner takes all play off place decider....

Probably best it wasn’t if you are travelling back home by car together for example, imagine that! :blink:

Archived