IGNORED

Sunday crowd

JBFC II

7 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

I sorry, I still don't understand why they call the 'number of tickets' sold 'official attendance'.

What wrong with calling it what it is?

Maybe it’s the difference between tickets that have actually been paid for and tickets to players, organisations and schools which have been given away as complimentary (comp) tickets. There are always hundreds of them for each match.

19 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I predict absolutely no one will bother turning up on Saturday! 

My 10 year old has a football tournament to play in and so three of us wont be at AG. I have a feeling I will see a more commitment and higher standard from the kids as well. 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Maybe it’s the difference between tickets that have actually been paid for and tickets to players, organisations and schools which have been given away as complimentary (comp) tickets. There are always hundreds of them for each match.

Tickets for football clubs and schools are discounted they aren't given away. Typically £20 for an adult and £5 for an under £12.  

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

I felt like that under a different manager but I still went along to watch even tho I new what was coming.

Hopefully under this exciting up and coming coach we get to see at least one shot on target...

We could call that progress ?

5 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yeah I know, but the way that it is advertised is like people are queuing up to attend excitedly when we know this isn’t the case.....well, some of us do anyway.

Well there are only a few hundred seats left - excluding season tickets that means about 5000 City fans (plus 2000 SUFC) have paid to go.

I am one of them and it is a 200 mile round trip.  I know the second half of the season has been a bit of a damp squib but I'm still looking forward to the match.

If you can't be arsed to go when you've already got a season ticket after one of the most memorable seasons for several years then by all means stay at home and wallow in your own misery.  Perhaps a season at Horfield  (either Gaol or the Mem) would help you gain a sense of perspective.

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Hopefully under this exciting up and coming coach we get to see at least one shot on target...

We could call that progress ?

We're you not at AG when City put 5 past the Owls and 5 past  Hull? 

20 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I predict absolutely no one will bother turning up on Saturday! 

I will be, looking at the big picture, this has been one of the best seasons in my 50 odd years of watching City. Great excitement, some superb football and finally a stadium to be proud of to watch it in. I leave others to moan and worry themselves until they get ulcers over missing out on the playoffs and thank the players and staff at the end of the game. 

15 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Well there are only a few hundred seats left - excluding season tickets that means about 5000 City fans (plus 2000 SUFC) have paid to go.

I am one of them and it is a 200 mile round trip.  I know the second half of the season has been a bit of a damp squib but I'm still looking forward to the match.

If you can't be arsed to go when you've already got a season ticket after one of the most memorable seasons for several years then by all means stay at home and wallow in your own misery.  Perhaps a season at Horfield  (either Gaol or the Mem) would help you gain a sense of perspective.

Typical :clapping::clap:response. 

Perspective is we were Premier League Class, we are now Conference Class.

No wallowing from me. I am off to enjoy the sunshine with the fam. Nice holiday on a beach. A bit like where some of our players minds have been since Christmas.

Will be back for next season as always, but not prepared to give up my bank holiday for more of the shit fest that we have been served since December. 

The only thing this season is is a write off.

23 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Why is it that being disappointed in your club is always met with: 'WELL U COULD GO AN SUPPORT THE GASSSSSSSSSSS'

Got things I'd much rather do at the moment.

38 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

If you can't be arsed to go when you've already got a season ticket after one of the most memorable seasons for several years then by all means stay at home and wallow in your own misery.  

I'll be there as always. My attendance  is only an 18 mile round trip..........

I'm taking the youngest Robbo-ette to her first ever game on Sunday and can confirm that because I left it to the last minute to book, there were very few seats left anywhere we'd want to sit. Lots must've just pre-booked because it is the last game and a prospectively enjoyable (although now we know meaningless) tie.

Dunno how my littlest will react. She likes playing football, but has never showed any inclination to watch a game.  If it's a dour "no City shots on target" affair again, she might be put off for life, but if it's like the 5-5, she might be pestering me for a season card!

I've told her that if we lose she'll never be allowed to accompany me again.  I'm a very fair dad like that! :cool2::devil:

41 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Typical :clapping::clap:response. 

Perspective is we were Premier League Class, we are now Conference Class.

No wallowing from me. I am off to enjoy the sunshine with the fam. Nice holiday on a beach. A bit like where some of our players minds have been since Christmas.

Will be back for next season as always, but not prepared to give up my bank holiday for more of the shit fest that we have been served since December. 

The only thing this season is is a write off.

What are you like if the sun doesn't shine every hour of every day while you're on your hols??

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

Should be a classic 

Enjoy it 

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I've told her that if we lose she'll never be allowed to accompany me again.  I'm a very fair dad like that! :cool2::devil:

Oooh, tempting fate given our current form!.

Mind you, my neighbour started taking his young lad the tail end of last season, and he's spent the last few weeks having to explain that City don't always win! You might get off to a more realistic start for her City-supporting life!

I'm going for 4-4, as Booby Reid and Clarke battle it out for top scorer in the league, and giving City yet another unique record, only club ever to get all 6 draw scores from 0-0 to 5-5 in a season.

Hope she enjoys it whatever!

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Oooh, tempting fate given our current form!.

Mind you, my neighbour started taking his young lad the tail end of last season, and he's spent the last few weeks having to explain that City don't always win! You might get off to a more realistic start for her City-supporting life!

I'm going for 4-4, as Booby Reid and Clarke battle it out for top scorer in the league, and giving City yet another unique record, only club ever to get all 6 draw scores from 0-0 to 5-5 in a season.

Hope she enjoys it whatever!

Don't call him Booby, she has inherited her dad's eagle eye for spotting accidental innuendos!  :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

Let's judge on how many people actually turn up !

Well done on you and your trip, but you are hardly the only person putting in some effort coming along on Sunday, please lets turn this into some super fan contest

Sadly most of the good times are nothing more than a very distant memory, all that is to be remembered now is how we capitulated since Christmas and on numerous occasions managed to not even get a shot on target

As for your comment about watching the gas, well sadly that says more about you than those not attending! !

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why is it that being disappointed in your club is always met with: 'WELL U COULD GO AN SUPPORT THE GASSSSSSSSSSS'

Got things I'd much rather do at the moment.

At a guess they are not very bright

58 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I wasn't there Vs Hull thank god 

Shambles wasn't it 

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not if you like to plenty of goals........but both sides were biabolically poor at defending as the 5-5 draw tells you.

OK. I think I can say this now as time has moved on but...... I thought it was a great game. It probably helped my brother there visiting the ground for the first time and having recovered from a very bad illness, he is removed enough to almost watch the game as a neutral and he may have influenced my own enjoyment of the game. We could have been 3 up before they scored, on another day I think we could have bettered the 8-2 Walsall scoreline. We conceded some terrible goals (I don't think Frankie can have had a performance like that very often in his career) but we scored some excellent goals too. Frankie actually started the one I liked best, quick throw to Pack, he turned and played a lovely ball to the advancing Bobby Reid, who in turn placed an exquisite chipped cross on to head of Famara to place it beautifully in the bottom corner. They say it only takes a minute to score a goal, I think that one was 20 seconds from one end to the other. 

I am not sure that people who say they want to go to the game to be entertained actually mean it in that way, but you couldn't knock it for entertainment. My brother and I were astonished that people started to leave at 4-5, if ever a game had a final twist or even two in it, it was certainly this one.  

Shoot me down if you like, but me and my brother had a great time, he said it was a great present and I thought I got my moneys worth in treating him to the game. 

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

OK. I think I can say this now as time has moved on but...... I thought it was a great game. It probably helped my brother there visiting the ground for the first time and having recovered from a very bad illness, he is removed enough to almost watch the game as a neutral and he may have influenced my own enjoyment of the game. We could have been 3 up before they scored, on another day I think we could have bettered the 8-2 Walsall scoreline. We conceded some terrible goals (I don't think Frankie can have had a performance like that very often in his career) but we scored some excellent goals too. Frankie actually started the one I liked best, quick throw to Pack, he turned and played a lovely ball to the advancing Bobby Reid, who in turn placed an exquisite chipped cross on to head of Famara to place it beautifully in the bottom corner. They say it only takes a minute to score a goal, I think that one was 20 seconds from one end to the other. 

I am not sure that people who say they want to go to the game to be entertained actually mean it in that way, but you couldn't knock it for entertainment. My brother and I were astonished that people started to leave at 4-5, if ever a game had a final twist or even two in it, it was certainly this one.  

Shoot me down if you like, but me and my brother had a great time, he said it was a great present and I thought I got my moneys worth in treating him to the game. 

Fair play and great that you and your brother enjoyed it. I don't doubt it was an entertaining game...but just the defending alone for the goals were horrific and extremely concerning 

Great to hear your brother has made a recovery after being ill and hope he plans on returning 

Archived