IGNORED

when is the new kit due to come out?

lgbbcf

• Admin

Many years ago we went through a phase of wearing the following seasons kit at the last game

But we haven't done this for a while

Pretty sure the last few years the kits have come out quite late - was it last season the away kit was just before we played?

Either way the current shirts are still be sold at full price so the club are not going to be bringing out anything new whilst they have current stock to flog

Our new kits are usually released quite late. 

I do think the club miss a trick with this. Surely far more would get sold if they were available to purchase before the summer/holiday season. 

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

was it last season the away kit was just before we played?

You're right, the away kit was released just before the final home game last season. I remember there was half-price sales in the gold away kit during the last home game.

No sales this year, so perhaps an indication that we'll use the same away kit in 2018-19?

1 hour ago, Juan Perro said:

You're right, the away kit was released just before the final home game last season. I remember there was half-price sales in the gold away kit during the last home game.

No sales this year, so perhaps an indication that we'll use the same away kit in 2018-19?

Bristol sport have said previously they will not reduce shirts anymore. 

Reducing this seasons shirts coupled with £1 kids tickets would give underprivileged families an opportunity to buy there kids a shirt coupled with sparking an interest in future sales , greedy bs milking the tit right to the end is counter productive but what do I know.

Forest were selling their home shirt off for £10 last weekend, and a load of other stuff. Really nice jackets, hoodies, training wear etc and they were queueing out the door to buy it.

Infact every away game I go in the club shop and there are always reductions, sometimes quite early in the season. Burton had a great idea (the only good thing about Burton) where they had match worn shirts for sale. Obviously they had been washed and they looked immaculate, but for a greatly reduced price and fully personalised. They also had training wear too, jackets and trousers. I thought this was really good. If you didn’t want to wear the shirt you could get it signed and frame it. Good idea Burton.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Forest were selling their home shirt off for £10 last weekend, and a load of other stuff. Really nice jackets, hoodies, training wear etc and they were queueing out the door to buy it.

Infact every away game I go in the club shop and there are always reductions, sometimes quite early in the season. Burton had a great idea (the only good thing about Burton) where they had match worn shirts for sale. Obviously they had been washed and they looked immaculate, but for a greatly reduced price and fully personalised. They also had training wear too, jackets and trousers. I thought this was really good. If you didn’t want to wear the shirt you could get it signed and frame it. Good idea Burton.

Bristol Sport have been selling rugby gear at discounted offers, they sold out of home shirts (were half price) so the question has to be asked "Why not the football"?

I did see the rugby stuff, but they are going for a massive rebrand aren’t they. Everything was sold off wasn’t it. It’s almost guaranteed we we be getting a new home and away shirt as it brings in so much money, but as we aren’t completely rebranding stuff like scarves etc can be resold next season. But yes there should be a sale.

5 minutes ago, Gifford said:

I'd like it if we kept a shirt for a couple of years. Alternate between home and away release every year. 

But that won't generate the most money. That's what we're about now.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Wonder how many £45 shirts they willl sell on the last game they will wear it ? 

Let alone an away kit that won’t be worn again .

so greedy and clueless 

Well taking Forest’s model you’d have to sell 4.5 x more shirts just to break even - which is unlikely I would suspect - so it’s far from clueless...

Selling 200 shirts at £45 is better than selling 400 shirts at £20

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Come off it, every club in the land has new kit every year, this isn’t a BS thing.

When did I say that wasn't the case? That's what football is, extremely depressing imo.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

When did I say that wasn't the case? That's what football is, extremely depressing imo.

That’s what we’re about now”. 

My point is that’s what all business are about, nothing unique to BS/BCFC. 

Doesn’t the irony make you laugh how we simultaneously want the best players in the league despite being a relatively small club - laughable suggestions like Mitrovic and Grabban - whilst wanting cut price merchandise, cheaper season tickets and free away travel?!  

It’s like there’s a complete detachment between expectation and financial reality amongst some (not aimed at you just the wider point about wanting our cake and eating it too if you will) 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s what we’re about now”. 

My point is that’s what all business are about, nothing unique to BS/BCFC. 

Doesn’t the irony make you laugh how we simultaneously want the best players in the league despite being a relatively small club - laughable suggestions like Mitrovic and Grabban - whilst wanting cut price merchandise, cheaper season tickets and free away travel?!  

It’s like there’s a complete detachment between expectation and financial reality amongst some (not aimed at you just the wider point about wanting our cake and eating it too if you will) 

Why does saying that we're about something make it exclusive to us? Don't think what I said implied that, neither did I intend to imply that. Think we're on the same page here.

I do agree with the other point. Mitrovic is probably on what 4 or 5 of our best players are on combined. People can't/shouldn't demand instant success and huge marquee signings every year anyway, just because we've got a billionaire behind us some people have got very entitled recently. 

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why does saying that we're about something make it exclusive to us? Don't think what I said implied that, neither did I intend to imply that. Think we're on the same page here.

I do agree with the other point. Mitrovic is probably on what 4 or 5 of our best players are on combined. People can't/shouldn't demand instant success and huge marquee signings every year anyway, just because we've got a billionaire behind us some people have got very entitled recently. 

Yeah sorry misconstrued your post. 

Agree completely on the sense of entitlement especially this season, embarassing. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well taking Forest’s model you’d have to sell 4.5 x more shirts just to break even - which is unlikely I would suspect - so it’s far from clueless...

Yeah but they aren’t going to sell any shirts at full price or people would’ve bought them by now. It’s either sell them cheaper or lose all of your money.

1 minute ago, Unan said:

Yeah but they aren’t going to sell any shirts at full price or people would’ve bought them by now. It’s either sell them cheaper or lose all of your money.

I’m sure they sell shirts at every single game regardless of the stage in the season but I know what you mean. Ultimately comes down to how many more they think they’ll sell if they’re reduced. I agree that it’s strange not to discount an almost completely end of life product even slightly. 

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Bristol86 

cheap shirts mean people in the club shop , 

£45 shirts mean the cashiers twiddling their thumbs ... 

like I said greedy and clueless .

The club shop is always packed so not sure cutting price of shirts will change footfall much. Most people wouldn’t know they were reduced until they were in the shop for starters. Have you ever been in there? There’s always a queue and I’m yet to see a cashier twiddling their thumbs... 

Yeah I’ve been in there , 

my point was shirts, kit 1/2 price or less 

free printing for kids as kids love a name on a shirt ,

all training gear reduced they will have approx 20,000 fans there if the gears cheap enough then people will buy almost anything . 

Be greedy and pay the staff to take all the old stock down box it up and then do whatever they do with it ? Regardless there will be costs involved .

There are loads of junior clubs and men's clubs that would love to turn out in City strip. I remember the 3 Lions in the Sunday Regional League always wore a City strip. Why not sell them off in batches of 15 kits at a decent price, they would certainly go.

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You are thinking you have to sell a shirt at £45 to break even. I guarantee you the shirts don’t cost £45 wholesale, there is a hell of a lot of profit to be made from them, so I guess that’s the reason the club are clinging on to any hope of sellling one. I would also guarantee Forest although aren’t profiting from their £10 shirts that they aren’t losing either, and perhaps might gain a few sales on items they can make money on.

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

You are thinking you have to sell a shirt at £45 to break even. I guarantee you the shirts don’t cost £45 wholesale, there is a hell of a lot of profit to be made from them, so I guess that’s the reason the club are clinging on to any hope of sellling one. I would also guarantee Forest although aren’t profiting from their £10 shirts that they aren’t losing either, and perhaps might gain a few sales on items they can make money on.

I meant break even as in earn the same revenue as selling them at full price.

I’m not saying the price is right but I’ve no doubt that if they thought they’d end up with more money by discounting then no doubt they would. They probably have years of data from when they did do heavy end of season discounts to inform their pricing.  

Archived