IGNORED

when is the new kit due to come out?

lgbbcf

29 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Lool , 

no chance 86 , greed in every sense cutting of their nose to spite their face , 

why isn’t it £1 a kid ? 

:laugh: so according to you the club are so greedy they’d rather have £0 than £20 out of spite? Makes a lot of sense.... :blink:

Why isn’t it £1 a kid? Is there any particular reason why should it be? Moreover what on Earth has that got to do with shirts? 

11 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Reducing this seasons shirts coupled with £1 kids tickets would give underprivileged families an opportunity to buy there kids a shirt coupled with sparking an interest in future sales , greedy bs milking the tit right to the end is counter productive but what do I know.

Do you mean like charging £2 a game and giving them a free shirt, if they buy a season ticket..? 

12 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m sure they sell shirts at every single game regardless of the stage in the season but I know what you mean. Ultimately comes down to how many more they think they’ll sell if they’re reduced. I agree that it’s strange not to discount an almost completely end of life product even slightly. 

Possibly, I think the number of people to wait all year to buy one and buy one for full price now, when the new shirt will be out shortly, is incredibly small. I imagine if they sold the shirt for half price there'd be at least 5 times more people buying them.

It’s not £2 a game as you only get the “free shirt” with a full paying adult season ticket. 

My point was many cannot commit to that outlay ,

However £1 for the dead rubber and half price kit / free printing will allow others to experience Ashton gate and have a shirt for the memory sparking an interest , but hey I could be wrong they may sale 1000’s of full price kit to existing season ticket holders who have already bought everything the wanted and or had their free kids shirts .....

16 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

It’s not £2 a game as you only get the “free shirt” with a full paying adult season ticket. 

My point was many cannot commit to that outlay ,

However £1 for the dead rubber and half price kit / free printing will allow others to experience Ashton gate and have a shirt for the memory sparking an interest , but hey I could be wrong they may sale 1000’s of full price kit to existing season ticket holders who have already bought everything the wanted and or had their free kids shirts .....

It's a case of supply and demand. They don't need to do £1 a kid as already sold 23,500 tickets for a dead rubber.

• Admin
11 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

They probably have years of data from when they did do heavy end of season discounts to inform their pricing.  

Not a chance they do @BRISTOL86

Remember this is the shop that ran out of stock of shirts for weeks earlier in the season - anyone monitoring purchases would have noticed stock running low

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not a chance they do @BRISTOL86

Remember this is the shop that ran out of stock of shirts for weeks earlier in the season - anyone monitoring purchases would have noticed stock running low

Surely running out of stock was to do with the supply chain rather than shop staff not noticing they were selling shirts 

Then again maybe I give them too much credit! :laugh:  

4 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Redbo really ....

i just want our club to promote itself properly wouldn’t it be nice to have Bristol kids wearing city/rovers shirts instead of cheaper Man U / Liverpool etc etc

Trust me Bengal, the reason kids wear Liverpool and Man U shirts round Bristol has zero to do with the cost of Bristol City shirts unfortunately. 

23 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Redbo really ....

i just want our club to promote itself properly wouldn’t it be nice to have Bristol kids wearing city/rovers shirts instead of cheaper Man U / Liverpool etc etc

Again... you don’t think that giving a free City shirt with the purchase of a £50 season ticket, for anyone up to 12 years old, is doing this...?!

On 03/05/2018 at 09:32, lgbbcf said:

i know i have seen kit threads. 

mainly about ideas and designs but usually the new kit is out by now, 

i have not heard anything from the club at all about it.

Does anyone know? 

Ask Jon Lansdown - he’s currently designing our’s and Oxford’s. 

Agree with BengalCub. Despite everyone's arguments about costings, surely at the end of the season we have a huge heap of kit, socks, shorts etc. Surely we could just flog it off at bargain prices (as we used to do regularly)?

Plus with people in the shop potentially likely to spend money on other items when they're in there.

15 hours ago, Juan Perro said:

Another instance of massive sales elsewhere: Pompey FC are selling their jerseys at 10 GBP these days... Still no sight of a sales period in the BCFC club website

Embarrassing marketing policy by Bristol Sport

So embarrassing :laugh:

I would say, not ideal from a ‘sales time’ sort of period.

15 hours ago, Juan Perro said:

Another instance of massive sales elsewhere: Pompey FC are selling their jerseys at 10 GBP these days... Still no sight of a sales period in the BCFC club website

Embarrassing marketing policy by Bristol Sport

Sorry, headline discounts don't work for me. Even at £10, I am not tempted to buy a Pompey shirt in the slightest.

On 03/05/2018 at 16:09, ZiderEyed said:

Why does saying that we're about something make it exclusive to us? Don't think what I said implied that, neither did I intend to imply that. Think we're on the same page here.

I do agree with the other point. Mitrovic is probably on what 4 or 5 of our best players are on combined. People can't/shouldn't demand instant success and huge marquee signings every year anyway, just because we've got a billionaire behind us some people have got very entitled recently. 

On 03/05/2018 at 16:12, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah sorry misconstrued your post. 

Agree completely on the sense of entitlement especially this season, embarassing. 

So I agree completely. Given Preston who spent next to nothing on players finished just outside the playoffs shows that this league is not all about the money, and by being shrewd, and managing expectations, a club can make consistent progress year on year without breaking the bank. 

The sense of entitlement at BCFC has been caused by two things. Firstly the amount of money the club has been throwing around lately. On our books we have a squad we have payed over 20 million for since the Summer of 2016 in fees alone*. Now I appreciate we sold Kodjia in that time for 11 million, rising to 15 million, but that is still at best a 5 million loss over two years in players. When fans have to pay more, and the club start paying more for it's recruitment, fans begin to expect a certain level of performance. Now I don't think fans should expect that, but it is an understandable reaction.

The second reason is the rhetoric coming from the club. Specifically LJs comments regarding the Europa League in 5 years. Now obviously tongue in cheek when he said it, the performances up until January, with the added media hype, saw fans start to believe we were that good. When it became apparent that we weren't that good, people got frustrated.

I would love the club to follow Prestons example. Tighten the purse strings on recruitment and invest in scouting and youth development. When we went to Man City for one of the toughest games in our history, the majority of the starting XI were in our promotion team and cost a combined 1 million ish. Now you can make arguments for Kodjia who was not only a good player, but very profitable. However for every Kodjia there is a Mags, Engvall, Tomlin etc, who we lose money on. 

BS need to change tact in my opinion and if they properly manage expectations, then the fanbase will be happier and more content. 

*I haven't properly worked it out, just a quick estimate based on the rumoured fees payed. However it'll be between 17-23 million I think.

@Welcome To The Jungle excellent point, I’d rather we spent more on scouting and youth (though presumably were a reasonably high spender on the academy compared to some in our league?) than fees. 

However would fans accept say a five year ‘lull’ period whilst the foundations are laid? I certainly would if it was for a long term improvement in scouting ability and tough development. But for many -  not sure after this season. After the last two, maybe, assuming a reasonable improvement on league placing. But now we’re in a position where people will see not getting top six as a failure. 

LJ has a difficult task next season if we’re going to insist on not buying in ‘easy made’ quality. 

Archived