IGNORED

Brighton

alexukhc

9 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Great result for them tonight, what a team to look upto! Fantastic, well done 

Yep, good to see one of the 'smaller' PL clubs staying up, but for me Burnley are the club to be admired. 

This time last year we stopped them becoming Champions. I had hoped the sight of seeing the promotion celebrations would have motivated our players, maybe it did for a while.

Talking to all the Brighton fans after the game they were convinced Tammy was going to them, but even more convinced they would be thrashed every week and come back down. They were just going to enjoy the experience but feared they wouldn’t like it as much as the Championship where they had found it so easy. Well now they have another season, fair play. 

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They have achieved what I'd like to see City achieve - becoming established in the PL.

There not what I or many would say established, 

“In 2013–14, Dyche's first full season in charge, Burnley finished second in the Championship and were automatically promoted back to the Premier League. Once again, their stay in the division only lasted a single season as they finished 19th out of 20 clubs and were relegated. Burnley went one better than their previous time in the Championship and won the division

“in 2015–16, ending the season with a run of 23 league games undefeated.[82] Manager Sean Dyche used just 25 players during the season, and new signing Andre Gray finished as the league's top goal scorer with 25 goals.[83]

With a combination of excellent home form with poor away results, Burnley finished the 2016–17season 16th, six points above the relegation zone, and ensured that would they would play consecutive seasons in English football's top flight for the first time since 1975–76.[84]

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Yep, good to see one of the 'smaller' PL clubs staying up, but for me Burnley are the club to be admired. 

Yes, 35 goals scored in 36 games. And not letting many in. Burnley are a bit more Gary Johnson than Lee Johnson, aren't they?

31 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

"Becoming" established..........they're in with a shout of European football next season as well. 

Any club needs to have three seasons in the PL to become established.

31 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Yes, 35 goals scored in 36 games. And not letting many in. Burnley are a bit more Gary Johnson than Lee Johnson, aren't they?

They're in the PL ffs.......it's a huge step up from the Championship. A goal a game average is pretty damn good. 

First thing is to develop a tough defence and a strong spine of the team.

Dyche has certainly done that this season for sure.

43 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

“In 2013–14, Dyche's first full season in charge, Burnley finished second in the Championship and were automatically promoted back to the Premier League. Once again, their stay in the division only lasted a single season as they finished 19th out of 20 clubs and were relegated. Burnley went one better than their previous time in the Championship and won the division

“in 2015–16, ending the season with a run of 23 league games undefeated.[82] Manager Sean Dyche used just 25 players during the season, and new signing Andre Gray finished as the league's top goal scorer with 25 goals.[83]

With a combination of excellent home form with poor away results, Burnley finished the 2016–17season 16th, six points above the relegation zone, and ensured that would they would play consecutive seasons in English football's top flight for the first time since 1975–76.[84]

They’re heading into their third consecutive season of PL football. For a club the size of Burnley, that’s as established as they could ever dare to hope. Full credit to them.

No club outside the really big boys is ever truly established in the PL, you’re only ever one poor season away from relegation - look at Southampton this year.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

I like Chris Hughton very underated manager. They were superb last night and thoroughly deserved the win. United were pathetic mind 

Yep, I’m a big supporter of his....said on here that we should have had a discussion with him when he left both Newcastle and Birmingham... that was in the days of Millen and McInnes being in charge...often wondered what might have been, but hindsight is a wonderful thing! Great achievement for Hughton to keep Albion in the top flight though...

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They’re heading into their third consecutive season of PL football. For a club the size of Burnley, that’s as established as they could ever dare to hope. Full credit to them.

No club outside the really big boys is ever truly established in the PL, you’re only ever one poor season away from relegation - look at Southampton this year.

Agree. Weston-super-Mare is bigger than Burnley ffs, it's a massive achievement. 

Archived