IGNORED

Congratulations to Neil Warnock

Maggersno1Fan

15 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

What exactly is 'shit or bust'?

I've seen this used several times on here... but... shit = bad, and bust = bad. Surely the idea is that one outcome is good and the other bad, no?

I think it means high risk, all-in- something like that- seen it used often- but when you put it like that yeah it's an odd phrase.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

What exactly is 'shit or bust'?

I've seen this used several times on here... but... shit = bad, and bust = bad. Surely the idea is that one outcome is good and the other bad, no?

Re-phrasing of the Royal Corps of Signals motto "Certa Cito", meaning "Swift and Sure". No direct definition; phrase purely originates from squad-member humour.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

I think it’s more like the people slating him have gone in to hiding now.

Slating him now would be churlish, and anyone doing so would be called out on it, so what would be the point? 

He's achieved the goal of getting promotion, that's great for him and them. 

How he goes about it is the bone of contention and what some would not like to see down at AG.

31 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Slating him now would be churlish, and anyone doing so would be called out on it, so what would be the point? 

He's achieved the goal of getting promotion, that's great for him and them. 

How he goes about it is the bone of contention and what some would not like to see down at AG.

There’s absolutely no point, I was just saying that’s why it seems like an opinion shift.

IF the Lee Johnson gossip around West Brom were to materialise and he was tempted enough to go, I would definitely bust a gut to get Neil Warnock here. I'm sure he'll give the Premier League a go with Cardiff, but equally, I reckon he would love to manage Bristol City.  He was very praiseworthy of the club and Steve Lansdown again this year when interviewed, he always is. With this in mind, I'm uncertain as to why (as suggested in an earlier post) Steve Lansdown doesn't like him and wouldn't hire him.

He would do wonders for City on the field, give us an equal chance as any in the Championship of getting promoted to the Premier League and all based on his management skills.  He wouldn't cost Steve Lansdown a fortune in the transfer market (net spend) and the City fans would love him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say he would unite everyone here, us against them and would end up a hero and an icon when getting us promoted.

Good pantomime villain, but in reality I bet, a decent and honourable bloke in addition to being a brilliant manager. In fact, the best manager that's ever been outside the Premiership?!

It is us who would be lucky to have him, not the other way round.

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:51, BlueDredd said:

Not too sure to be honest mate. I think he's enjoying the buzz around the place at the minute.. I personally think he might fancy another stab at it. What's he got to lose?

I was talking to a friend today down in Looe who is also a friend of Mr Warnock (goes sailing with him now and again) and he said he seems up for another shot at managing in the prem. Mind you, he has also told John at least three times now that each job at various clubs would be his last!

Personally I think Plymouth are missing a trick - he has huge affection for the club and their fans still love him so I think some sort of DOF type role at Home Park would appeal. He could live at home full time then too.

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I love this montage.....loadsa passion...”You’ve gotta f@cking die to get 3 points..” - and the bit at 05:15 to 05:58..sums up our boys for the last 22 league games of this season....(ignore the vid title, it ain’t a parody..)

Just makes me realise what we don't have and what we need..................

As my ex Mrs once said to me - "were's all the passion gone"...

On 13/05/2018 at 09:30, BS4 on Tour... said:

I love this montage.....loadsa passion...”You’ve gotta f@cking die to get 3 points..” - and the bit at 05:15 to 05:58..sums up our boys for the last 22 league games of this season....(ignore the vid title, it ain’t a parody..)

I loved this. Plenty of passion, (though not always sensible). He’s just been given the League Managers Association special achievement award. I not sure if this is because of his football achievements or his ability to say so many  “f” words per minute. 

Archived