IGNORED

Congratulations to Neil Warnock

Maggersno1Fan

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

All Tan said to him was this: take us up on the budget constraints we have and afterwards I will open the cheque book because here we get peanuts for prize money and there we get £120 million. 

SL said to Lee... we are not ready this season Lee but give it a good go and if it looks good just ease on the brakes; we are doing this the 5 pillars way, step by step nice and easy. 

Epitaph: Cardiff know an opportunity when it pops up in front of their face in full focus. They put their foot down and at the end of the journey enter a bank vault with millions of pounds showering down on them. City swerve it like a chicane content with 50 mph inside lane knowing they are saving a little fuel along the way, 50p here, 50p there nauseatingly oblivious to what just happened. 

Spot on.

Neil Warnock. The man I said I’d drive down in my VW Camper to get him here.

Oh how they laughed. 

But it’s ok. We finished the season on a high.

Did we bollocks.....

4 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

What a manager!!!!

And what c**p football. I reckon he'll be with someone else at the start of the season as he knows his brand of football doesn't work in the Prem, he normally only lasts a couple of months at that level before being replaced.

I find all the fawning over Warnock embarrassing and pointless. Of course he’s done well and of course he’s a highly effective manager at this level. Both indisputable facts. 

However, those that want him here are never going to her their wish. Rightly or wrongly our owner can’t stand him and he’s never coming here, so it’s all a moot point.

For me, he’s a horrible bastard who’s just got the most vile club in the league promoted. Why would I want to congratulate a **** like that? 

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Incredible achievement - Neil Warnock took Cardiff from 2nd bottom of the championship to the premier league in no time at all...now that’s progress...

Yes while over the past 2 seasons we've got a growing army of "ones for the future".

There was an interesting piece on Warnock in The Times on the weekend, including tributes from 6 different players from the various teams he's got promoted over the years. Comes across as sharp as you like and definitely not the "knob" constantly referred to on here.

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

There was an interesting piece on Warnock in The Times on the weekend, including tributes from 6 different players from the various teams he's got promoted over the years. Comes across as sharp as you like and definitely not the "knob" constantly referred to on here.

Personally I wouldn't and haven't ever wanted Warnock simply due to the style of football but I 100% agree with you here, I read the article yesterday and it was illuminating and I nearly posted about it, but was worried it was more fuel for the fire (first half yesterday was as much fuel as was needed)!!

It struck me reading the testimonies from former players of something very consistent - Warnock gives and expects respect in equal measure. He is not this villainous ogre who simply rants at players. He takes them down a peg or two but then rewards those that stick by treating them literally as family.

The pattern was along the lines - he makes the players slum it (i.e. train in the local park at away games, sleep in bunk beds) but once he's established a close group prepared to run through walls, they are "family", they come down to his house in Cornwall, they're part of his life, his wife cooks for them.

I can see how it would foster a group who'd do anything to stay the right side of him. Compare and contrast with LJ's statement about his players (need their bellies tickling, need to be loved etc). With Warnock it's not about shouting at players to get what you want, it's about not having to shout at them.

Put the style of football aside and I know which constitutes leadership.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Personally I wouldn't and haven't ever wanted Warnock simply due to the style of football but I 100% agree with you here, I read the article yesterday and it was illuminating and I nearly posted about it, but was worried it was more fuel for the fire (first half yesterday was as much fuel as was needed)!!

It struck me reading the testimonies from former players of something very consistent - Warnock gives and expects respect in equal measure. He is not this villainous ogre who simply rants at players. He takes them down a peg or two but then rewards those that stick by treating them literally as family.

The pattern was along the lines - he makes the players slum it (i.e. train in the local park at away games, sleep in bunk beds) but once he's established a close group prepared to run through walls, they are "family", they come down to his house in Cornwall, they're part of his life, his wife cooks for them.

I can see how it would foster a group who'd do anything to stay the right side of him. Compare and contrast with LJ's statement about his players (need their bellies tickling, need to be loved etc). With Warnock it's not about shouting at players to get what you want, it's about not having to shout at them.

Put the style of football aside and I know which constitutes leadership.

Ready to put my tin hat on here but it reminds me more of Cotts than LJ.

What was obvious was that when we struggled under him his band of brothers gave it their all.

They may in some cases have lacked quality but not effort or spirit.

I think this is because (cooking for them aside) he treated them in exactly the same way and they gave him everything they had back.

You only have to look at the fact that most of that squad still see each other in the summer & keep in touch. I saw Derrick Williams posting yesterday what a man Alby was and that the stick he got from Bolton fans was undeserved.

If only Cotts could have been more of a politician and bent his will occasionally..

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On date of Warnock appointment

21 months later and a net spend of, £9m on transfer fees (Incl £6m In Jan for Madine )

FECE7391-20A3-4136-ACF7-F6DF1DA757E7.png

9C0AC203-C403-410C-BF02-D2807E35702F.png

Quick, effective management that brings success in a short period of time without spending zillions on transfer fees....that’s ‘progress’ - amazing turnaround by Neil Warnock has seen our rivals from over the bridge go from relegation fodder to members of the premier league...and still people don’t rate him...

I watched LJ yesterday when we conceded our 3rd goal. Hands in pocket, no emotion, like he was watching a game of parks football. (I suppose he was from us at least). Neil Warnock would have never let it get to that stage without earbashing  his players. Is that the right or is that the wrong way?  The league table tells me the answer.

3 hours ago, Jacki said:

I find all the fawning over Warnock embarrassing and pointless. Of course he’s done well and of course he’s a highly effective manager at this level. Both indisputable facts. 

However, those that want him here are never going to her their wish. Rightly or wrongly our owner can’t stand him and he’s never coming here, so it’s all a moot point.

For me, he’s a horrible bastard who’s just got the most vile club in the league promoted. Why would I want to congratulate a **** like that? 

Bitter.

Congrats Neill. I have true admiration for the man, proven it over and over again that if you want a job done whether  that be a team to challenge for promotion or a team to survive the drop he can deliver. Thats not just an opinion either, the facts speak for themselves. A great manager who i would Love to see in charge here :yes:

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Quick, effective management that brings success in a short period of time without spending zillions on transfer fees....that’s ‘progress’ - amazing turnaround by Neil Warnock has seen our rivals from over the bridge go from relegation fodder to members of the premier league...and still people don’t rate him...

He’s a top manager mate, Cardiff as a club are winners though Bristol City are not.. never have been and probably never will be with this setup.. 

44 minutes ago, Super said:

Bitter.

Not at all.

I just detest Cardiff with a passion. Getting chased by a mob of their fans at 14 years old and on a separate occasion getting coins, bricks and bottles of piss thrown at you at their ground tends to do that to you.

Their fans (the ones who don’t piss in bottles and throw it at you) are horrible, gloating belittling types in the main as well. 

Given all that, why would I congratulate them on their promotion? 

20 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

And to think a large portion of our fanbase wouldn't want him as our manager. 

I still think that's true - do you want to sit through terrible football all season just to go up and get beaten soundly for another season.

It would be like sleeping with a supermodel for 30 seconds then living with her Gran.

No thanks.

12 minutes ago, bris red said:

He’s a top manager mate, Cardiff as a club are winners though Bristol City are not.. never have been and probably never will be with this setup.. 

Over the years watching City playing any Neil Warnock managed teams the consistent factor has been their never give in attitude and being in your face style of play Nott's County who were regular opponents in the 80's and early 90's, when under him always used frustrating break up play tactics niggling fouls, blocking free kicks by arguing time wasting delaying throw-ins. Hated playing any of his teams which made beating Palace in the play-offs really something special and the Freddie Sears ghost goal was a belter ,but for all that he is a winner which in modern football is the holy grail Cardiff City have done everything to succeed whereas Bristol City has like a old reliable dog rolled over to have its belly tickled and received a pat on the head for just being there.

While he's very successful, I can't see his attitude fitting in too well with the powers at the Gate.

I'm not a particular fan of his brand of football but have to tip my hat to the bloke for his record. He's a promotion gaining winner, fair play to the bloke.

Whether he decides to go for a ninth promotion I wouldn't know but hasn't he said he doesn't want to manage in the Prem again?

Imagine if Wilder left the Blades, Warnock returns to his boyhood club and retires after getting them to the Prem, what a way to finish his career! 

He certainly knows how to get out of this division.

20 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Indeed...and I'd suggest we live with the consequences of the egg that was left on SL's face when Coppell didn't like what he saw and walked away.

That saga and the David James signing will always have us wondering. 

59 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I still think that's true - do you want to sit through terrible football all season just to go up and get beaten soundly for another season.

It would be like sleeping with a supermodel for 30 seconds then living with her Gran.

No thanks.

I watched  the highlights of their win  at Brentford. I wish we played like that away from home!

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

No thanks.

Cardiff have not been playing terrible football this season.it's only when he needs results be makes his team's grind them out.

Archived