IGNORED

Oh Dear

southvillekiddy

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Engvall - complete mystery with him. I'm not even sure he's still our player.     :dunno:

Diony - was he unable to settle? I never heard that but new country, different style of football......... not every foreign players adapts to British life so maybe.........

Tomlin was signed after his impressive loan from B'muff. City fans were crying out that we had to sign him and LJ duly did just that but he did at City what he'd done at other clubs - failed to perform consistently and was dropped, sold to Cardiff and now he's on loan again at Forest.

So who is at fault?  Nobody imv.

Not everyone was crying out to sign Tomlin after his twitter bollox before he signed, Diony also looks like a complete nobber from his instagram.  This is not rocket science.

So much for DNA.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Not everyone was crying out to sign Tomlin after his twitter bollox before he signed, Diony also looks like a complete nobber from his instagram.  This is not rocket science.

So much for DNA.

Twitter bollocks and instagram - due you suppose clubs read the all the crap on social media?      :dunno:

Barely any signings anywhere would take place if they did and took any notice.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Engvall - complete mystery with him. I'm not even sure he's still our player.     :dunno:

Diony - was he unable to settle? I never heard that but new country, different style of football......... not every foreign players adapts to British life so maybe.........

Tomlin was signed after his impressive loan from B'muff. City fans were crying out that we had to sign him and LJ duly did just that but he did at City what he'd done at other clubs - failed to perform consistently and was dropped, sold to Cardiff and now he's on loan again at Forest.

So who is at fault?  Nobody imv.

With Tomlin, this is how he's been handled by his last three bosses:

Eddie Howe - signs him in the summer, ships him out on loan the following January (at the first opportunity). Team continues to perform well, regardless.

Lee Johnson - signs him in the summer, keeps on trying/hoping LT will deliver/behave, organises transparent press conference pleading all is well, finally gives up after 0:5 hammering in April. Ships him out the following summer (at the second opportunity). Team wibbles and wobbles all over the shop, but eventually recovers (sans fatboy).

Neil Warnock - signs him in the summer, ships him out on loan the following January (at the first opportunity). Team continues to perform well, regardless.

Anything stand out to you there?

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Twitter bollocks and instagram - due you suppose clubs read the all the crap on social media?      :dunno:

Well they ought to because most other companies do, the stuff you find out about job applicants is exceedingly enlightning. 

Hence why I have no social media presence rather than here as an anonymous poster.

For example your posts show you as a contrarian, purely to provoke conflict.  Not someone that I would employ in a close knit team.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

A more interesting question is ‘why would the club not want promotion’?  

It appears some people think that the club  (SL, MA, LJ and players) have somehow followed some pre-agreed plan from the top to not gain promotion this season, this plan has included specific under performance after Xmas, poor January signings, and obviously having a ludicrously long cup run!

IMO absolute nonsense that SL didn’t want promotion, there are only benefits to going up and the biggest one is the £100m in the bank, there is no way the club would have deliberately sabotaged the season, it makes no sense at all.

Agree. No deliberate sabotage. We just tripped ourselves up inadvertently. Like we do, every so often. That make any sense?

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Agree. No deliberate sabotage. We just tripped ourselves up inadvertently. Like we do, every so often. That make any sense?

Blimey and there was me giving the management team the benefit of the doubt and thinking they tripped up on purpose cos SL was not ready; so they really are crap then? wow. Its gonna be one helluva ride this summer.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes they do, part of a report on the player is a social media profile. social media gives them an insight to the player they are signing. And also a case of looking at how much they use it, it can be a useful tool for a club having a player who engages well on social media. 

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Oh dear.

Players "know." The incomings in January would be enough for the top players to "understand" where we were "at." What was acceptable this season. What we were striving for. Ashton's poor choice of words only confirmed it, sadly.

The "recruitment process" and how that panned out for us post January might suit O'Dowda or other lesser/younger lights, but not the best/25 yrs plus players.

You might be content with it; the point is, our top playing assets might not be quite so sanguine.

Still, at least we have all that "recruitment" MA referred to ready to get out there and fill the gaps in our first X1. Come and join the club "not specifically targetting promotion" last season. 

Or, the "best/25 yrs plus players" could have thought as the "top playing assets" they could play well in more than 4 of 25 games and secure a playoff place.  

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MA specifically claimed that they do exactly that !!!

(They have about 10 analysts)

You do miss a lot Robbo 

16 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Or, the "best/25 yrs plus players" could have thought as the "top playing assets" they could play well in more than 4 of 25 games and secure a playoff place.  

You do wonder wtf everyone - the best players, the bang average players, the new players, the coach, the ceo, the owner and his wife - the bloody lot of them, was thinking these past few months.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Then the analysts aren't any good at their job. employ better

Quite right. Someone must have made the call that Engvall and Kent for example were both mentally strong enough to cope with a move to Bristol, yet we are led to believe both have suffered with homesickness/not settled. 

That is just bad judgement somewhere along the line. Diony an even worse call given the form he was in this season and his apparent state of mind judging by some of his social media posts.

It's nowhere near good enough and SL won't be made to look a fool for much longer.

Eddie Howe - signs him in the summer, ships him out on loan the following January (at the first opportunity). Team continues to perform well, regardless.

Lee Johnson - signs him in the summer, keeps on trying/hoping LT will deliver/behave, organises transparent press conference pleading all is well, finally gives up after 0:5 hammering in April. Ships him out the following summer (at the second opportunity). Team wibbles and wobbles all over the shop, but eventually recovers (sans fatboy).

Neil Warnock - signs him in the summer, ships him out on loan the following January (at the first opportunity). Team continues to perform well, regardless.

Yes. Lee Tomlin only plays for Lee Tomlin when it suits Lee Tomlin.

Yeah. Lee Tomlin’s a ***. 

We fecked over Baadiff and Colin... 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

It's been reported quite recently that some clubs have been known to employ a private detective in order to get a 'complete picture' of what is essentially a valuable asset .....i would have thought looking at someones on line persona was a bit of a 'gimme' if that's the way we're going ?

6 minutes ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

It's been reported quite recently that some clubs have been known to employ a private detective in order to get a 'complete picture' of what is essentially a valuable asset .....i would have thought looking at someones on line persona was a bit of a 'gimme' if that's the way we're going ?

We've probably got this guy:

maxresdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I would be amazed if West Brom weer actually interested in LJ. If they took him it would be an amazing climb through the pecking order of the football league for a manager who is yet to achieve anything of any note bar taking us to the league cup semi. Certainly no promotions.

Well Milo, LJ might not get the West Brom job, but he's definitely on the short list.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why not? It would certainly come under due diligence. For example, if Kent was homesick for the North West during his time here, the lad must have been climbing the walls in Freiburg when on loan up to Christmas. Hypothetically, any postings that gave any pointers to his state of mind and similarly Diony's following the latter's goal drout may have helped City build a profile of their 'DNA'. 

On the other hand, considering that City make a big deal of recruiting players with the right 'DNA', you might expect them to have extremely high standards of due diligence and would have explored all available avenues including Social Media in order to appraise a player's character. That's common sense. Right?

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Why not? It would certainly come under due diligence. For example, if Kent was homesick for the North West during his time here, the lad must have been climbing the walls in Freiburg when on loan up to Christmas. Hypothetically, any postings that gave any pointers to his state of mind and similarly Diony's following the latter's goal drout may have helped City build a profile of their 'DNA'. 

On the other hand, considering that City make a big deal of recruiting players with the right 'DNA', you might expect them to have extremely high standards of due diligence and would have explored all available avenues including Social Media in order to appraise a player's character. That's common sense. Right?

Well this was his last post in Feb - looks chilled wiv his bros

:dancer2:

DCF5039B-ED13-4C74-9A10-72A1EB522B6B.png

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's 2 days ago.

SL says he'd like LJ to stay but there has been no approach, so we haven't turned them down.

It will only become interesting, and show how keen SL really is to keep him if there is an approach.

We all know SL sees LJ being City manager indefinitely but in the unlikely event of an approach from any other club the decision of course will be LJ's.

Not being funny why would W.B.A want him when they got a bloke that can actually motivate and pick players in their correct positions .

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

Well they ought to because most other companies do, the stuff you find out about job applicants is exceedingly enlightning. 

Hence why I have no social media presence rather than here as an anonymous poster.

For example your posts show you as a contrarian, purely to provoke conflict.  Not someone that I would employ in a close knit team.

So if a fantastic footballer is a complete **** on twitter a club wouldn't sign him?  That's utterly ridiculous.

Ive been retired since 2010 having spent 38  successful years in the NHS - working within several close knit teams. iI was my professional skills that my colleagues admired along with my dry sense of humour and forthright views. I never once had a problem with anyone. 

So.............for you to assess me via otib is ludicrously outrageous and utterly incorrect. If you do the same when recruiting for your firm and make judgments based on their social media activity then how many decent well qualified people are you missing?

As I said - it's ludicrous and I seriously can't believe that football clubs do it when all their interested in is the skill set of said player.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So if a fantastic footballer is a complete **** on twitter a club wouldn't sign him?  That's utterly ridiculous.

Ive been retired since 2010 having spent 38  successful years in the NHS - working within several close knit teams. iI was my professional skills that my colleagues admired along with my dry sense of humour and forthright views. I never once had a problem with anyone. 

So.............for you to assess me via otib is ludicrously outrageous and utterly incorrect. If you do the same when recruiting for your firm and make judgments based on their social media activity then how many decent well qualified people are you missing?

As I said - it's ludicrous and I seriously can't believe that football clubs do it when all their interested in is the skill set of said player.

It will be part of a player profile that will influence a decision, its not a straight yes/no answer. Know for a fact City have done it on certain players in their recruitment process.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

It will be part of a player profile that will influence a decision, its not a straight yes/no answer. Know for a fact City have done it on certain players in their recruitment process.

I'd like to see the evidence.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Think you are way out of date with the real world.  Of course good and sensible companies run internet checks, especially one like BCFC who place such emphasis on DNA

2 hours ago, Singingsuperstar said:

We fecked over Baadiff and Colin... 

Yeah, can’t wait for us to be fecked over and that drive us on to an auto promotion slot!

Hang on, we have ... but maybe French and Swedish Clubs don’t count. ... mind you Narwich did a good job on us with GON and Liverpool with Kent, Fulham with Woodrow...... yep, it must be our turn next season just got to convince  the CEO now that we’re ready for the Premier League. 

Archived