IGNORED

LJ 12/1 for Swansea job

old_eastender

5 minutes ago, Jarman said:

"Swansea are a mess at the moment"  .... 

Discuss with reference as to why the Swans are in more of the brown stuff than the Robins.

It's not a competition mush.

34 minutes ago, Jarman said:

"Swansea are a mess at the moment"  .... 

Discuss with reference as to why the Swans are in more of the brown stuff than the Robins.

Max exodus coming this summer, barely going to have any of their starting XI remaining and the ones who stick around likely to be because no one else wants them. In the last 4 seasons they're one of the 3 lowest spenders from teams who have been there every season and investment isn't expected to start this summer, Bony is on an eye watering amount compared to the rest of the squad and not sure there's a wage reduction clause in his contract, safe to say we could get around 10 players wages for his. New manager will be expected to hit the ground running too. 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw Coleman make his Swansea debut v City in a Freight Rover Trophy game all those years back. 

Aye. And it wer cold Bovril at 'alf time, and tryin' not to spill it, facing a hundred mile an hour gale stood on orange box whilst peering over metal railings. IF WE WERE LUCKY!

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw Coleman make his Swansea debut v City in a Freight Rover Trophy game all those years back. 

I think I went to that game....it was the Sherpa Vans Trophy by then! But I believe Coleman had already made his debut for the Swans before then....I watched a documentary about his career recently, I think it said he made his Swans debut away at Stockport County as a 17 year old.....he had been snapped up by Man City before all that but came home because he was homesick.

It was clear from the documentary that he is a massive Swansea fan so could see him ending up there as manager at some point, but he’s been linked with the job before with nothing coming of it, so who knows....I think he’s a better manager than his time at Sunderland suggests....I still think they’d have stayed up if they’d stuck with Grayson....the managerial merry go round goes on! 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think I went to that game....it was the Sherpa Vans Trophy by then! But I believe Coleman had already made his debut for the Swans before then....I watched a documentary about his career recently, I think it said he made his Swans debut away at Stockport County as a 17 year old.....he had been snapped up by Man City before all that but came home because he was homesick.

It was clear from the documentary that he is a massive Swansea fan so could see him ending up there as manager at some point, but he’s been linked with the job before with nothing coming of it, so who knows....I think he’s a better manager than his time at Sunderland suggests....I still think they’d have stayed up if they’d stuck with Grayson....the managerial merry go round goes on! 

You might be right....I remember there being a bit of hype around him, so probably had played before otherwise I wouldn’t have been looking out for him.  But he looked class, so confident on the ball, and like Lloyd Kelly, tall and slim, yet to fill out....and eventually became a LCB at the top level.

Was it a car crash that effectively ended his playing career and moved him into coaching?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You might be right....I remember there being a bit of hype around him, so probably had played before otherwise I wouldn’t have been looking out for him.  But he looked class, so confident on the ball, and like Lloyd Kelly, tall and slim, yet to fill out....and eventually became a LCB at the top level.

Was it a car crash that effectively ended his playing career and moved him into coaching?

Yep he was 32 when he was in that car crash...never played again. He started his career at left back didn’t he? Talking of young players that stood out...I once saw a teenager play superbly for the opposition when City won 5-0 at home to Carlisle in the FA Cup in 1981 - looked at the programme at half time to see who this small yet hugely talented young geezer was....it was Peter Beardsley....to stand out in a 5-0 defeat means you’re a good player...

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A scout watching for another Club saw Coleman in his third or fourth appearance and recommended him to City ;) 

Who did nothing about it

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep he was 32 when he was in that car crash...never played again. He started his career at left back didn’t he? Talking of young players that stood out...I once saw a teenager play superbly for the opposition when City won 5-0 at home to Carlisle in the FA Cup in 1981 - looked at the programme at half time to see who this small yet hugely talented young geezer was....it was Peter Beardsley....to stand out in a 5-0 defeat means you’re a good player...

Yes, LB.  I was in the Dolman that night, so got a good view of him for 45 minutes.

We've been talking about who'll manage Swansea next season.

You're going with Lee Johnson... but I'm afraid our survey said...

hqdefault.jpg

Any signs of long term management that would influence solution design? Good luck.......

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Swansea are a mess at the moment, can't see many managers in a job being interested in going there, imagine it will be Pardew, Bilic or Coleman. 

Won't it be a case of "here's a substantial salary and substantial transfer and playing budget"? 

Which managers won't be interested in a quick windfall and the option to buy players they couldn't buy at most other championship clubs? 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Won't it be a case of "here's a substantial salary and substantial transfer and playing budget"? 

Which managers won't be interested in a quick windfall and the option to buy players they couldn't buy at most other championship clubs? 

As said above their board/owner barely invest as it is, it's not likely to start now. They're likely to have to recruit half a new first team at least. With CC off the team will need to be mouldered into a new style of play too.

Archived