IGNORED

Game at Ashton Gate Sunday.

Bristol Rob

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Lee Johnson, Louis Carey, Scotty, Trundle, and even Paul Konchesky participating.

Plus a bunch of people I've never heard of. Who the **** is 'Arg'?

Probably Maradonna but to save printing costs they have just abbreviated his country.

Plugged as “celebrity” football. 

11 of this bunch are from ‘Reality TV’. That doesn’t count as a celebrity in my opinion. 

Who played in these things before reality tv came about? 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

11 of this bunch are from ‘Reality TV’. That doesn’t count as a celebrity in my opinion. 

The only thing they can be celebrated for is stupidity.

That said, I'm sure if a poll went up as to if we start next season with that one from that popband or LJ in the dugout......

5 hours ago, Harry said:

More old ex footballers, musicians and comedians that you had actually heard of (Freddie Starr, for instance).

They probably have on YouTube games like the one that was played before the Freight Rover Trophy final back in 1986, when really famous old pros used to turn out, before people famous for being stupid on TV who no one had heard of before appearing on Celebrity TV programmes completely took over..

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

More old ex footballers, musicians and comedians that you had actually heard of (Freddie Starr, for instance).

They probably have on YouTube games like the one that was played before the Freight Rover Trophy final back in 1986, when really famous old pros used to turn out, before people famous for being stupid on TV who no one had heard of before appearing on Celebrity TV programmes completely took over..

A fair smattering of people like DJs and Blue Peter presenters too, people you`d actually heard of.

On 11/05/2018 at 17:21, Harry said:

John Peel and Kid Jensen IIRC.

Uncle John played, in his words 'a wheezing right wing' in a game at the Gate which I think was BBC Radio 1 vs BBC Radio Bristol, very early 80s. It was pretty shit, but I went down to watch purely because revered Uncle Johnny was playing. Anyone else remember that? 

16 hours ago, City Rocker said:

John Peel and Kid Jensen IIRC.

Uncle John played, in his words 'a wheezing right wing' in a game at the Gate which I think was BBC Radio 1 vs BBC Radio Bristol, very early 80s. It was pretty shit, but I went down to watch purely because revered Uncle Johnny was playing. Anyone else remember that? 

I remember going to a charity match at Brentford back in the nineties. It had various members of Blur, Angus Deayton, Bob Mortimer, Frank Skinner, David Baddiel and (I think) Robert Plant playing at various times plus a few others that I`ve forgotten - real celebs. I think Al Murray was in goal too!

Archived