IGNORED

Official Matchday Thread...

WhistleHappy

https://m.skybet.com/eurovision-2018/eurovision-song-contest/event/21853514   

https://www.888sport.com/novelty/eurovision-song-contest.htm#/filter/tv___novelty  

Go on have a go...

Admit it .. The Eurovision Song Contest is one of your secret pleasures..

Don't be shy.... Check out todays line-ups and have a pop. 

This is the Official Matchday Thread.  :tv_horror: 

(psst, yeah I know, I agree with you - it's a load of bollocks!)

but... I wonder if one day that you'll say that you care! :dunno: Will you say you love me madly..

Eurovision, like a number of things I could mention, is nothing like it used to be. I am old enough to remember when it was actually a song contest, but the real wonder was the height of technological sophistication in bringing pictures from all around the continent so soon after the war. Today it has 'evolved' into some bizarre show of excessive behaviour and tries to out-shock the previous. It strikes me that Eurovision (which now includes Israel and Australia :blink:) is a dinosaur that should have become extinct but somehow grew feathers and became a strange bird.

I'll be watching something much more enjoyable tonight, have no fear.:mf_sleep:

10 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Eurovision, like a number of things I could mention, is nothing like it used to be. I am old enough to remember when it was actually a song contest, but the real wonder was the height of technological sophistication in bringing pictures from all around the continent so soon after the war. Today it has 'evolved' into some bizarre show of excessive behaviour and tries to out-shock the previous. It strikes me that Eurovision (which now includes Israel and Australia :blink:) is a dinosaur that should have become extinct but somehow grew feathers and became a strange bird.

I'll be watching something much more enjoyable tonight, have no fear.:mf_sleep:

When it was actually a song contest the UK used to stand a chance, but it has long since deteriorated into a lets use the voting system to bash the UK. The astounding thing is the UK are major financial backers of Eurovision. It is akin to a bunch of turkeys donating their life savings to Bernard Matthews!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I assume the bottle thrower is in custody by now

if you see the footage again he’s in a white top just by the corner of post and crossbar in the footage

That's  a shame I was hoping you would say he made good his escape and was heading for Eurovision with a crate full of them. Might have been tempted to watch then.

46 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I assume the bottle thrower is in custody by now

if you see the footage again he’s in a white top just by the corner of post and crossbar in the footage

Edit

Posted on wrong thread !!!!

Dohhhhhhh

Bottle throwing at Eurovision ???? I might watch it after all :laughcont:

Archived