IGNORED

Wembley Drama

handsofclay

Who needs the cup final next week?

In the promotion play-off final at Wembley Tranmere have a player sent off after 47 seconds, score the opener on 6 minutes and then have a player hit in the head with a bottle thrown by a Boreham Wood fan as they celebrate. Currently on BT Sport.

What goes through a player's mind less than a minute into a game, any game for that mater, to make a 2 footed challenge and get themselves sent off?  Let alone on the most important game in their season, possibly their history.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Poor tackle yellow card for me . Maybe the ref wants to be famous on his big day out. 

Disagree. The whole point of words like reckless and high were to prevent career ending tackles which that could have been. Mid shin area, left the ground to dive in and out of control. Also from head on was a nasty tackle and probably just adrenaline tbf to him but good call imo. From the side I’d say yellow but not head on foot above the top of the ball like that

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Disagree. The whole point of words like reckless and high were to prevent career ending tackles which that could have been. Mid shin area, left the ground to dive in and out of control. Also from head on was a nasty tackle and probably just adrenaline tbf to him but good call imo. From the side I’d say yellow but not head on foot above the top of the ball like that

Well summarised

Was a leg breaker all day long , especially head on as the Boreham player had nowhere to go and did well to avoid it as much as he did

Red simply because it was a dangerous/reckless challenge and it gave the referee a decision to make and he made it.

Game poor in quality, Tranmere have now used all 3 subs, good strikers goal by Cook of Tranmere.

Boredom Wood have equalised 7 minutes and 20 seconds into 6 minutes of time added, I don't think the referee will be offered the freedom of Tranmere anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

A bottlers tackle.  Block tackle him, then it’s fair and square.  Straight on, straight leg, studs 6 inches off the ground.  Red card. :redcard:

Thats why I have a hole in my shin!

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A bottlers tackle.  Block tackle him, then it’s fair and square.  Straight on, straight leg, studs 6 inches off the ground.  Red card. :redcard:

Thats why I have a hole in my shin!

Same Dave. Got a stud hole, 3 inches up from my ankle. But of course it was all ok back then!! 

49 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Red simply because it was a dangerous/reckless challenge and it gave the referee a decision to make and he made it.

Game poor in quality, Tranmere have now used all 3 subs, good strikers goal by Cook of Tranmere.

Boredom Wood have equalised 7 minutes and 20 seconds into 6 minutes of time added, I don't think the referee will be offered the freedom of Tranmere anytime soon.

As they said on TV when they went back over the added time it is a minimum 6 mins and there was another 2 minutes for a further injury

Archived