IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think they got it wrong, they won't mind because it got them lots of 'impressions' and 'clicks' which performance will be measured on.

I think what they're trying to do is sweeten the departure by basically saying "oh well, the academy is working! Let's all be happy for him!".

It depends how we want to be perceived, I would say at this stage we're as famous for our Gifs and social media as we are for any on the pitch success. I bet if you did a straw poll about what words come to mind when you hear 'Bristol City' to fans of other clubs, Gifs would be one of the words they say.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, when it first was used it was a really clever use of social media, but I think it's gone to their heads a bit and they think it's appropriate to try and generate as much buzz online as possible at any opportunity - It's fine in the right circumstances, but not this time. 

As City fans, we want the club to be seen as a competitor to the likes of Cardiff and Fulham - not some subservient club where we should be grateful they're buying our academy products. 

The way they handled the Reid and Bryan transfers felt a small time, they read the mood wrong and judging from replies on Twitter the majority of City fans found it fairly embarrassing. 

The video of Bryan's career at the club on Twitter and a nicely written press release on the OS would've been fine.

Good post PF

We are allegedly aiming to be a Premier League Club, ‘Premier League Club In waiting’ (Stupid expression IMHO)

Big ask , but one level above us

We have heralded JBs move to the Premier League as I would excpect and accept a Hayes or Bromley to do

At an extreme push a Macclesfield or Altrincham

We seem to be happy to make ourselves look tinpot (IMHO) and by general reaction I assume to

1 Send a positive message of sorts to our U23 players and academy

(If it’s worth the consequences then I’m baffled - the same message could have been repeated and publicised perhaps with a personal message , internally)

2 Take the p out of Villa

Though it may seem funny to some of our fans and a few of Villas rivals , for me it’s truly embarrassing and will have done us no favours in the general football world - and is likely at some point to bite us firmly on the arse

We have had a reputation within the game for decades at various points and in generality for being a soft touch , over paying and in all honesty a bit of a giggle

For all the positive publicity that our first half of last season and in particular the cup run did us our current media department and the Club currently seem to be doing their very best to destroy that , and some

I presume Fulham offered more cash upfront for jb (and more pw for him ) hence him leapfrogging Boro, villa to sign , so again does anyone think we sold Reid and flint to soon and missed a trick in not sparking a last minute bidding war between clubs ? 

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I presume Fulham offered more cash upfront for jb (and more pw for him ) hence him leapfrogging Boro, villa to sign , so again does anyone think we sold Reid and flint to soon and missed a trick in not sparking a last minute bidding war between clubs ? 

It’s a poker game isn’t it

Selling Flint and Reid early and no messing from the players gave us the time to sort out proper replacements

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Don’t know if mentioned elsewhere,

but surprised to see no goodbye bye message from Bryan on any social media outlets...

Not that I notice much on social media but I'd have thought he would have posted something on twitter. Maybe he's mindful of getting a torrent of abuse from Villa fans thou?  

5 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Don’t know if mentioned elsewhere,

but surprised to see no goodbye bye message from Bryan on any social media outlets...

Yeah, I came on to post the same thing. If you compare it to the video put out by Bobby Reid, it's a bit surprising. 

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good post PF

We are allegedly aiming to be a Premier League Club, ‘Premier League Club In waiting’ (Stupid expression IMHO)

Big ask , but one level above us

We have heralded JBs move to the Premier League as I would excpect and accept a Hayes or Bromley to do

At an extreme push a Macclesfield or Altrincham

We seem to be happy to make ourselves look tinpot (IMHO) and by general reaction I assume to

1 Send a positive message of sorts to our U23 players and academy

(If it’s worth the consequences then I’m baffled - the same message could have been repeated and publicised perhaps with a personal message , internally)

2 Take the p out of Villa

Though it may seem funny to some of our fans and a few of Villas rivals , for me it’s truly embarrassing and will have done us no favours in the general football world - and is likely at some point to bite us firmly on the arse

We have had a reputation within the game for decades at various points and in generality for being a soft touch , over paying and in all honesty a bit of a giggle

For all the positive publicity that our first half of last season and in particular the cup run did us our current media department and the Club currently seem to be doing their very best to destroy that , and some

Funny how we all see things differently. I took it as a message to our own youngsters, but also to potential PL loanies “come to Bristol City and you will play in the Premier League, hopefully with us, but, either way, come here and we will get you to the Premier League. 

Archived