IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

15 hours ago, 29AR said:

You could spare a thought for those who view this forum in work who could do without such images on screen though! 

Ive called Ola and she is going to get a photo done with her wearing a coat, to cover her modesty, so as to  spare your blushes at work.

However, Nogbad has vetoed that idea!

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I receive fewer Christmas cards every year (:crying:) so I trust I'm on yours dc. Especially if Ola is your cover of choice this year - she'd be a particularly welcome addition to my Yuletide mantlepiece:yes:

Bet euphemism I've ever seen. Just off to dust off the yuletide mantlepiece, love  

5 hours ago, RedM said:

Sorry for the late reply, had a busy day yesterday. What I was told I guess around Feb/March time was that Joe ‘wasn’t happy’ and that he ‘wanted Premiership’ football. Like I said it was quite a few months ago. The person that told me would know. Another person who seems to know a lot about quite a few players but I don’t know well  mentioned he was blocked but compared to my original info I don’t know how credible this is, but they also said towards the end of the season Joe was more inclined to stay. So who knows!

The info given on Bobby Reid effectively resigning at HT of the Brentford match is what I heard ‘friend of a friend style’ though. He is alledged to have announced to all the dressing room that ‘no way am I signing the contract now’. All the players after HT then walked out in silence when there is usually lots of high fiving and motivational stuff shouted out. 

If there is any truth in Reid saying that, then the little prissy little ****** can give me my £30, plus extras for food and drink back then. If that was enough to make him want to leave then he can ******* well cough up so I can take my 5 year old again to what is, hopefully, a better experience of watching City for the first time. Good riddance to the poor little thing

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's interesting. Didn't have him down as the type to do that sort of thing. What was the context regarding the game? Wasn't there, but weren't we totally outplayed?

Doesn't quite do it justice, Foggy

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was there, but for some reason cannot remember much about it, other than Maupay coming on and looking like a superstar.  Perhaps I just blotted the game from my memory, normally have good recall.

That's it, Dave. Blot it out, blot it out good, my friend. I wish I could

I think I got it wrong, we played Brentford before Millwall,  Brentford was after we drew with Barnsley away. But it still comes to the same I guess, many reports saying we weren’t at our best/out of sorts against Brentford.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was the Brentford game the one that Pack and Baker were (mysteriously) omitted ?

They played us off the park with minimal resistance and could have scored 5,6,7 with some finishing IIRC

Pack was on the bench, spent most of the game warming up right in front of us. Baker I'm pretty sure took a whack to the head on the Saturday, I think that is why he wasn't there

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I wouldn't want to give my wife an excuse to sit on her. :nono:

:laughcont::clap:

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think I got it wrong, we played Brentford before Millwall,  Brentford was after we drew with Barnsley away. But it still comes to the same I guess, many reports saying we weren’t at our best/out of sorts against Brentford.

That's a very polite way of putting it, M!

18 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

That's a very polite way of putting it, M!

I meant newspaper/media report type stuff, our official report we put out. I think Brentford was one of those games we registered no shot on target for instance, it certainly was around that time. 

For a warts & all picture I think if you looked back at the forum around then you are right, not so polite.

• Admin

I remember posting this about our second half performance. This was the final indication that our players had given up all hope of chasing a play off spot. 0 shots to 19 in one half of football against a middling Brentford side at home. What I heard in the intervening weeks explained it somewhat.

Blimey, that must have been some 15 minutes at half time v Brentford. Reading on one of the goalkeeper threads that it was the same half time when Frankie announced he'd had enough of being told he couldn't kick straight, and was going to stop trying, or something similar.

At least Lee has learnt from his Dad. Gary would have just punched them all and got the sack! 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Newcastle don't want to pay us £6m for Bryan but will spend £8.5m on a Japanese striker, so much for not having the money. 

Tbf 8.5m is what I would be expecting championship clubs to spend on a striker. It isn’t really an indication they have money. 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Newcastle don't want to pay us £6m for Bryan but will spend £8.5m on a Japanese striker, so much for not having the money. 

£8.5m is peanuts in a world where Everton spend £40m on Richarlison.

In any event strikers tend to cost more than full backs, especially Championship ones.

Perhaps Rafa just thinks Bryan is not worth £6m.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:44, Rudolf Hucker said:

Here's a thought, get @Olé to pose - its only one vowel different.

It's an interesting idea, Rudolf. Ole could even model one of his own infamous designs in a wet T shirt pose. How apt for it to be the 'Sod's Law' one perhaps?

Bryan is a quality footballer I think we all agree on that. Barry Douglas has just signed for Leeds for a reported 3m. he was the best left back in the championship last season. in my opinion.  maybe newcastle are right in saying he is to much. with one  year left I think we need to get realistic on our value. maybe 3 to 4 m is more accurate. 

14 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Bryan is a quality footballer I think we all agree on that. Barry Douglas has just signed for Leeds for a reported 3m. he was the best left back in the championship last season. in my opinion.  maybe newcastle are right in saying he is to much. with one  year left I think we need to get realistic on our value. maybe 3 to 4 m is more accurate. 

We ain’t lowering our valuation on a player just because another club sold there’s for less it don’t work like that. Bryan is one of our major assets, Douglas must’ve of been supassed to requirements at wolves.

42 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

The market doesn't work like that otherwise, for instance, Richarlison wouldn't have cost more than Salah.

Though the reports I have seen say Leeds paid £5m for Douglas.

On 27/07/2018 at 13:25, EnderMB said:

Going back to Joe Bryan, if you worked at a company that had suffered setbacks over the past few years, made redundancies, but had built itself back up despite paying lower wages than others, you would not be blamed to handing in your notice. You've done your time, the employer loves you, and now you want to take that experience elsewhere to earn some more money.

Use whatever analogy you want but this is football. If you’re pretty bloody good and a bigger, better, wealthier club want you, you go. It’s that simple. 

Archived