IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Can't remember who said it, but JB having a bust up with LJ in January goes along the same lines as something I was told. For the life of me I can't remember whether it was a bust up or JB simply being up front and honest and saying he wanted out

Also heard that Reid effectively resigned at half time against Brentford. Which was roughly 44 minutes after the rest of them that day

Iirc @RedM mentioned that she’d heard JB had wanted out in Jan and was not happy that he wasn’t allowed to go

(Please correct me M  I’ve misquoted you :thumbsup:)

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Iirc @RedM mentioned that she’d heard JB had wanted out in Jan and was not happy that he wasn’t allowed to go

(Please correct me M  I’ve misquoted you :thumbsup:)

I heard he put in a transfer request and it was turned down.  No idea if true.  If however true it must mean someone came in with an offer that we turned down.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I heard he put in a transfer request and it was turned down.  No idea if true.  If however true it must mean someone came in with an offer that we turned down.

wouldn't think it would be,

when a transfer request goes in its normally a very public affair normally being leaked by the agent, to send a sign to other clubs to bid for his client 

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

wouldn't think it would be,

when a transfer request goes in its normally a very public affair normally being leaked by the agent, to send a sign to other clubs to bid for his client 

But if the club rejected it, you could see why it wasn’t in the open.

As I said, no idea if true.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But if the club rejected it, you could see why it wasn’t in the open.

As I said, no idea if true.

anytime a transfer request goes in rejected or otherwise it's in the media, so i don't think that's true. nether do i think there was a massive falling out,

I just think it was players who hit their physical and mental peak and were knackered, look at some of the results  3-3 after being 3-0 up, 2-2 after being 2-0 up, 5-5 after being 4-2 up,

Numerous last 10 minute goals conceded, thats not a team on strike that's a mental issue 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

anytime a transfer request goes in rejected or otherwise it's in the media, so i don't think that's true. nether do i think there was a massive falling out,

I just tink it was players who hit their physical and mental peak and were knackered, look at some of the results  3-3 after being 3-0 up, 2-2 after being 2-0 up, 5-5 after being 4-2 up,

Numerous last 10 minute goals conceded, tats not a team on strike that's a mental issue 

I do think that LJ need sot work on the players' mental fitness and psychology as we seem to have too much of a track record of throwing away wining positions and conceding too many goals at the end of matches - not just last season, but the previous one as well.

Perhaps it is that our pressing game takes too much out of the players so that physical tiredness late in games leaves them mentally fatigued and that this affects judgment and discipline. If we are to continue with the same or similar strategy then I would say this is something that has to be addressed to avoid a repetition of burnout later in the season.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

I do think that LJ need sot work on the players' mental fitness and psychology as we seem to have too much of a track record of throwing away wining positions and conceding too many goals at the end of matches - not just last season, but the previous one as well.

Perhaps it is that our pressing game takes too much out of the players so that physical tiredness late in games leaves them mentally fatigued and that this affects judgment and discipline. If we are to continue with the same or similar strategy then I would say this is something that has to be addressed to avoid a repetition of burnout later in the season.

we're still going to have a problem coinciding due to lack of quality in the centre of midfield, an injury to pack, smith or brownhill and we are ****** 

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Brentford games in general we get out fought and out played home and away since we've been back in the championship

Brentford are the Preston of the south

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Have asked and told not for £6m, but not sure how helpful that is. And no you won’t!!

This quote above. Is from a Newcastle follower with 70k followers. Apparently Newcastle are not willing to pay 6 million. Cheeky ******* 

They can **** off then. That was simple

11 minutes ago, brad blit said:

We need a proper source on this, like the Leeds fan sat at a coffee table who spotted Vydra opposite him, so went over and asked if he was joining Leeds and he replied "not yet" - and yes there was actually photo evidence for once!

There was a great one on twitter last summer, someone sat in reception at Leeds United (?) and took a pic of someone talking to the receptionist and suggested a name, may even have been Flint. Some lad done some great maths, maybe a civil engineer to disprove the person in question was of the particular height of said player. Twitter at it's absolute finest. Pretty sure he proved the floor wasn't flat, either :laughcont:

@Dolmanator - you've rubbished a previous post of mine about JB wanting out in January and Reid quitting at half time against Brentford. Can you elaborate on the reaction, which part, both parts etc? Just passing on what I heard.....

15 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Brentford are the Preston of the south

They can **** off then. That was simple

SL wants you to handle our transfer negotiations from now on Woodsy.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

we're still going to have a problem coinciding due to lack of quality in the centre of midfield, an injury to pack, smith or brownhill and we are ****** 

Walsh and yea probably could use a loan for experience but from what I have seen he is a class midfielder. Just makes some rash decisions at times(over commits on trying to tackle when he is not favoured or tries a silly pass in a bad area). 

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

looking back, from what i can see and recall, it was Tom Heaton

Heaton & Nyatanga (!) rejected offers from us in the same summer, Skuse & Stead left for free at the same time & I think we wanted them both to stay as well, but we realised they weren’t interested in doing so, so didn’t even bother to go through the charade of offering them new deals.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We got £325k for him, so no..

Thanks for the correction Graham - memory not what it used to be!

I know it was Collier's transfer to Coventry that prompted Dicks to give the AG8 10 year contracts, and my immediate thought/recollection was that he had moved for nothing under a Bosman. There was something about his transfer - was it that he went for well below his "true' market value because he would have gone for nothing at the end of his contract?

1 minute ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

I've always thought Collier was the first player in is country that go on a Bosman, didn't he go to Coventry?

Bosman, in its current guise, wasn't around then. There was certainly a story behind it though. Bit before my time, I'm sure someone will know for sure

Archived