IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He has a Scottish grandmother IIRC but chuckled and said he regards himself as English and wasn’t looking for Scotland caps 

I think he’s (At times vastly) underrated generally on here , technically very good , good athlete , great leap , two footed .......

The one thing I think that many , even his fans would have concerns over are his positioning

Its a strange one because he’s a very clever bright lad and has had a lot of coaching over the years

I keep thinking back at the Q&A and having a chat with one of our three senior coaching staff and when asking about Joes positioning at times he explained that Joe didn’t necessarily get in the right position early enough because he believe / knew his pace would get him out of it (he wasn’t being critical but merely chatting and said they were working on his positioning / shape) 

( At he time and a few times since  I personally found it a strange thought process ,especially for somebody as bright as Joe)

Ive always thought since that it made sense or at least was an explanation if it didn’t make sense if you understand me !

I have to say I’d say it’s one aspect of his game that hasn’t improved as much as others and If he steps up a level he will need to address that quickly (Interesting that Newcastle appear to be in for him - Benitez is fastidious tactically and may be very good for Joe) 

The same member of the coaching staff was full of praise for Joes abilities and as an athlete and also intimated that he was one of the first two or three who would put their foot in , if needed 

Hes close to being a very very good player IMHO AND I think if he puts his mind to it could go up a level and perform

Would be interested to know what he really feels his preferred position is. If it is further forward (thought he started as a left midfielder) perhaps that could affect his motivation to try and perfect the left back role.

as you say, so much potential, but at the moment much better with the ball than without.

if Joe decides to run his contract down,thats up to him,or at least his agent. lets not forget he is paying someone a big chunk of money to look after his best interests which at the end of the day is making enough money for a comfortable life as soon as possible.

I personally wouldn't hold anything against him,hes worked hard at bcfc for all the time hes played here. it might be that things have come good for him at the wrong time for the club,thats bcfcs fault for not tieing him down on a longer contract sooner.

on the other hand,as already stated earlier,it could just all be paper talk with a new contract looming?

If Joe wants to go then it certainly wouldn’t be down to money that’s for sure, more likely that he just fancies a challenge somewhere else, whether that’s in the Premier League or in Germany good luck to the bloke, always gives it 100%, but personally if his next club are signing him as a LB I think they’ll be disappointed as gives so much more as an attacking threat, something he can work on with the right coaching of course, he has the ability to do it at the top if he puts his mind to it.

4 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Could we bring Mings in? would be bloody good if we could even a season loan, what’s reckon? Or am I being silly?

I would hope LJ atleast enquires regarding his availability, probably would be bigger clubs also interested if he were to become available, but being a local lad may help our case.

Why didnt the club secure him long term last year? Childish to hate him if he leaves ala Maynard. Thank him for his effort (100% at all times) and move on. 

Certain fans will realise how good he is when he has gone.  Personally I will be gutted but will wish him well. Best left back we have had in time I have watched (1988).  Barnard on a par maybe but better than Bell, Scott et al.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Could we bring Mings in? would be bloody good if we could even a season loan, what’s reckon? Or am I being silly?

Good shout

I don’t think a loan enquiry is silly at all

Dont think we’d pay what they’d want on a permanent 

Sam Byram might be worth a enquiry too

• Admin
7 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Sharing rooms with Jens, could happen

I haven’t been online much over the last few weeks but has it been noted that this is a sign that he’s leaving? I think Jens is seen as surplus to requirements and rooming Joe with him whilst in Marbella struck me as putting the two likely departures together whilst the remaining squad members bond with their roomies.

7 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

if Joe decides to run his contract down,thats up to him,or at least his agent. lets not forget he is paying someone a big chunk of money to look after his best interests which at the end of the day is making enough money for a comfortable life as soon as possible.

I personally wouldn't hold anything against him,hes worked hard at bcfc for all the time hes played here. it might be that things have come good for him at the wrong time for the club,thats bcfcs fault for not tieing him down on a longer contract sooner.

on the other hand,as already stated earlier,it could just all be paper talk with a new contract looming?

Understand what your saying but I do think it would be an extremely unclassy way to treat the club that has develooped you from a young age, I would hope that even if he was intent on leaving he would leave now to ensure we get a fair fee or sign a new contract with a mutually agreeable release clause

13 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just going by what she said to me previously 

Joe was very open with me when I spoke to him too. I was quite taken aback at his openness. 

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He has a Scottish grandmother IIRC but chuckled and said he regards himself as English and wasn’t looking for Scotland caps 

I think he’s (At times vastly) underrated generally on here , technically very good , good athlete , great leap , two footed .......

The one thing I think that many , even his fans would have concerns over are his positioning

Its a strange one because he’s a very clever bright lad and has had a lot of coaching over the years

I keep thinking back at the Q&A and having a chat with one of our three senior coaching staff and when asking about Joes positioning at times he explained that Joe didn’t necessarily get in the right position early enough because he believe / knew his pace would get him out of it (he wasn’t being critical but merely chatting and said they were working on his positioning / shape) 

( At he time and a few times since  I personally found it a strange thought process ,especially for somebody as bright as Joe)

Ive always thought since that it made sense or at least was an explanation if it didn’t make sense if you understand me !

I have to say I’d say it’s one aspect of his game that hasn’t improved as much as others and If he steps up a level he will need to address that quickly (Interesting that Newcastle appear to be in for him - Benitez is fastidious tactically and may be very good for Joe) 

The same member of the coaching staff was full of praise for Joes abilities and as an athlete and also intimated that he was one of the first two or three who would put their foot in , if needed 

Hes close to being a very very good player IMHO AND I think if he puts his mind to it could go up a level and perform

Bob. I think this is the difference between academic intelligence and football intelligence. Joe is a bright young man, becoming more well-read (not WellRed), but I wouldn’t say he’s the most intelligent footballer, and that’s why sometimes coaching might not have as big an effect as it does on others. 

6 hours ago, Ian M said:

I haven’t been online much over the last few weeks but has it been noted that this is a sign that he’s leaving? I think Jens is seen as surplus to requirements and rooming Joe with him whilst in Marbella struck me as putting the two likely departures together whilst the remaining squad members bond with their roomies.

Mmmm, 2+2 might equal 4 in this case. Interesting!!!!

FWIW I don’t see Joe running down his contract. If he doesn’t go in this window, he’ll sign a new deal, even if it has a release clause. It would be a dangerous game for I’m to let it run down. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Joe was very open with me when I spoke to him too. I was quite taken aback at his openness. 

Bob. I think this is the difference between academic intelligence and football intelligence. Joe is a bright young man, becoming more well-read (not WellRed), but I wouldn’t say he’s the most intelligent footballer, and that’s why sometimes coaching might not have as big an effect as it does on others. 

FWIW I don’t see Joe running down his contract. If he doesn’t go in this window, he’ll sign a new deal, even if it has a release clause. It would be a dangerous game for I’m to let it run down. 

I don't think it would be ' dangerous ' for him . 

The worst that could happen is that he gets injured . 

He will have lots of choice when he's a free agent .

It's not like a veteran journeyman scenario.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I hope you’re right. Easy to see an agent trying to get him to do just that and get an even bigger payday down the line. At £6m I think he’s very good value, free is a no brainier for half the Prem. l think there is a lot more to come from JB, with a new contract and another year we would be looking at a big fee.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good shout

I don’t think a loan enquiry is silly at all

Dont think we’d pay what they’d want on a permanent 

Sam Byram might be worth a enquiry too

Byram's a right back.

Leeds set to sign Douglas from Wolves which explains the Bryan link, downgrade though.

30 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Byram's a right back.

Leeds set to sign Douglas from Wolves which explains the Bryan link, downgrade though.

Don’t know why I had in my mind as a left back !!

:comando:

What’s Douglas reputedly going for ?

Id be in for him !!!

Leeds will have two full backs that I’d have in an instantce

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Id be in for him !!!

Yep would love to have him. I did wonder if he might end up surplus if Wolves upgrade, he's a top signing. Surprised there's not a frenzy for his signature.

14 assists! Imagine the service our forwards would have with him and O'Dowda/Eliasson on the left hand side. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep would love to have him. I did wonder if he might end up surplus if Wolves upgrade, he's a top signing. Surprised there's not a frenzy for his signature.

14 assists! Imagine the service our forwards would have with him and O'Dowda/Eliasson on the left hand side. 

Great set pieces too

would you take him and say 3 million for Bryan ?

:whistle:

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Id be in for him !!!

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

This! As a neutral then Leeds are obviously a much bigger draw than we are, but if you don't ask you don't get

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great set pieces too

would you take him and say 3 million for Bryan ?

Yep!

If Bryan is still here at the end of the window, I'd like to think/hope that he would sign a new contract with a release clause in it, if for nothing else, so that we can get a decent fee for him.

With today's agents though, you never know.

So it appears that Newcastle can have him for £6m but they don’t have the cash available and either agent or us is trying to start an auction.

From Joe’s perspective it seems he has decided to move on and is prepared to wait for the right deal whether in this window or the next, as there are no offers apparently. Signing a deal with a release clause may put several suitors off (If they are gambling on getting him for free) so I can’t see him signing.

If we are to lose £6m+ with him running down his contract then we need to use him, save the money on a replacement and prepare Lloyd for next season using him as back-up this season. Yes we lose £6m but we get a full season out of him and maybe save £2m on a replacement. Far from perfect but having saved £4m (Eisa rather than Marriott) then maybe we have budgeted accordingly.

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

From Joe’s perspective it seems he has decided to move on and is prepared to wait for the right deal whether in this window or the next, as there are no offers apparently.

True, he has waited a long time already, what is another few months etc to a player

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I don't think it would be ' dangerous ' for him . 

The worst that could happen is that he gets injured . 

Exactly that, or complete lack of form, but I guess he just signs a slightly worse contract with us.

He will have lots of choice when he's a free agent .

I really don’t see that happening.

It's not like a veteran journeyman scenario.

2 hours ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

If we don’t receive acceptable bids and he has no interest in signing a new deal I would let him train with under 23’s for the year 

Make him train for the U23's for correctly fulfilling a contract which both sides agreed upon and signed. Top logic that.

Archived