IGNORED

Was Frankie in goal for Liverpool tonight?

Spoons

FWIW I’m not saying it’s not 100% the truth. 

But even the most rose tinted Liverpool fan must see why it looks somewhat odd/suspect in the circumstances. 

As a layman I’d say if he was suffering from the effects of the collision enough to make such horrendous errors it’s strange that he only made the two of them. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

FWIW I’m not saying it’s not 100% the truth. 

But even the most rose tinted Liverpool fan must see why it looks somewhat odd/suspect in the circumstances. 

I think all Liverpool fans care about is who the next keeper will be!

55 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My confusion comes from the fact that Karius and LFC medical staff didn’t think anything was wrong at the time and he was capable of playing on. Whilst I don’t profess to have an in depth knowledge of head injuries, I would - based on the following expert medical opinion:

He added it was "likely" that "visual spatial dysfunction" - which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space - would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

- expect to be able to sense that I was being affected. Surely between Karius and LFC medical staff they would have been able to tell if his spatial function was being affected? 

Surely it was Liverpool’s decision as to whether or not this info came out? Surely you can see - if you didn’t support Liverpool - that it seems a bit suspect in the circumstances?

Isn’t it one of the most common lines you read on here that nothing that comes out of official club channels can be trusted? 

He may well have been affected by a blow to the head which caused his errors. I’m not saying that’s not true or it is true. 

Don’t know where you got that from 86 but contrary to any advice I’ve experienced and as per below 

Dr Willie Stewart, a consultant neuropathologist at Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, said a delay in the concussion diagnosis is "not surprising".

He told BBC Sport: "How did he get concussed and we didn't know?

"The obvious signs of concussion can take hours and days to develop, so it's not surprising that it might be picked up after the match."

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Grumpy ..... yeah

with you talking out your backside with zero knowledge 

no great shock there then

Keep rubbishing posts quoting facts whilst you embarrass yourself 

I rubbish your post because the posts are rubbish! Simple really!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t know where you got that from 86 but contrary to any advice I’ve experienced and as per below 

Dr Willie Stewart, a consultant neuropathologist at Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, said a delay in the concussion diagnosis is "not surprising".

He told BBC Sport: "How did he get concussed and we didn't know?

"The obvious signs of concussion can take hours and days to develop, so it's not surprising that it might be picked up after the match."

My quote was from the original BBC article. Just pointing out that it’s odd that the player and medical staff thought nothing of it at the time. Based on the expert opinion quoted it seems bizarre that the player can have his spatial reasoning messed up and be none the wiser until a week later. 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good point....Karius can be clearly seen telling the officials he had been elbowed in the head, yet they did nothing about checking to see if he was ok.....but when outfield players go down clutching their heads when they’ve been brushed on the shoulder the officials stop the game straightaway....

The result is immaterial, even for me.

What I haven’t heard us Uefa carrying out any retrospective action against Ramos, for that incident or 1 or 2 others too.  It’s been brought to their attention that stuff was missed (ignored) by the officials.  They should be taking action.

The result should stand, no doubt about that.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My quote was from the original BBC article. Just pointing out that it’s odd that the player and medical staff thought nothing of it at the time. Based on the expert opinion quoted it seems bizarre that the player can have his spatial reasoning messed up and be none the wiser until a week later. 

I can understand your logic but all my understanding is that signs can appear days or even weeks afterwards

Certainly if you ever end up at hospital , and unless NHS pressure has changed it , after a Head injury they will not let you go home for 24 hrs and then brief you that if one of any of a number of symptoms occur to reattend or contact the hospital (Not your GP)

21 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My confusion comes from the fact that Karius and LFC medical staff didn’t think anything was wrong at the time and he was capable of playing on. Whilst I don’t profess to have an in depth knowledge of head injuries, I would - based on the following expert medical opinion:

He added it was "likely" that "visual spatial dysfunction" - which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space - would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

- expect to be able to sense that I was being affected. Surely between Karius and LFC medical staff they would have been able to tell if his spatial function was being affected? 

18 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the players concerned, but I have read several accounts from both footballers and rugby players relating how they had suffered head injuries, continued playing and not knowing at the end of the match whether they had won or lost, nor, indeed, events from the match itself.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the players concerned, but I have read several accounts from both footballers and rugby players relating how they had suffered head injuries, continued playing and not knowing at the end of the match whether they had won or lost, nor, indeed, events from the match itself.

Fair shout. Usually you see a player hauled off if there’s even a slight suspicion of a serious head injury but I don’t doubt that they can be unknown until much later. 

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yep, Moss Finn, the Irish rugby player, is a good case in point - he scored two tries against Wales in the early eighties but afterwards he couldn’t even remember playing in the game....even watching the highlights he had no recollection whatsoever....due to a concussion suffered during the game - he had no idea he’d been concussed and played on....concussion and it’s effects can be delayed for hours, days and weeks - lots of misinformed people on here who seem to think that Karius should have known straightaway that he’d been concussed...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, Moss Finn, the Irish rugby player, is a good case in point - he scored two tries against Wales in the early eighties but afterwards he couldn’t even remember playing in the game....even watching the highlights he had no recollection whatsoever....due to a concussion suffered during the game - he had no idea he’d been concussed and played on....concussion and it’s effects can be delayed for hours, days and weeks - lots of misinformed people on here who seem that Karius should have known straightaway that he’d been concussed...

Apparently 'out of likes', but I agree.

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, Moss Finn, the Irish rugby player, is a good case in point - he scored two tries against Wales in the early eighties but afterwards he couldn’t even remember playing in the game....even watching the highlights he had no recollection whatsoever....due to a concussion suffered during the game - he had no idea he’d been concussed and played on....concussion and it’s effects can be delayed for hours, days and weeks - lots of misinformed people on here who seem to think that Karius should have known straightaway that he’d been concussed...

Whilst it’s possible to sustain head injuries and not know anything is wrong, that doesn’t make it the norm. 

It’d hardly ‘misinformed’ to suggest that it’s unusual for a player to be so physically impaired by an injury so as to have ones spatial awareness completely impaired as has been suggested, and both the player and experienced medical staff to know nothing about it. 

If as has been suggested, this is the case, at what point would Karius’ obvious confusion become evident to his team mates and coach? Why did it only impact him for two very brief moments in a much wider time frame? How was he able to continue to track the ball accurately during other moments of play? 

You’d surely at least think that if - for example - he thought Benzema was occupying a completely different space when he committed his first howler, then he would be similarly impaired in assessing the location of the ball, the net, a team mate etc.

But other than the specific goal incidents there was nothing to suggest that he was having difficulty with spatial reasoning. Surely you’d agree that to have such difficulties only at very narrow points in a wider time frame, a least raises questions as to the amount in which he was genuinely impaired by this injury?

I’d say that’s critical thinking and not blindly believing everything an ‘official’ comes out with, rather than ‘misinformed’.

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remembered the name, but had to do some research to find out more detail and came across this quite lovely interview.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corksport/The-big-interview-Despite-enjoying-great-success-with-Munster-and-Ireland-Moss-Finn-is-happy-to-mind-his-own-corner-b6e6335a-

I had forgotten all about the Irish ban on playing non-Gaelic games.

48 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fair shout. Usually you see a player hauled off if there’s even a slight suspicion of a serious head injury but I don’t doubt that they can be unknown until much later. 

I often wonder where we would be today if our medical team at the time had realised how badly Bradders was injured in the Wembley game. There is a direct correlation between his injury and the winning goal and it could have been so different. A bit ironic that the pantomime villain that was Dean Windass was the one that had point out to everyone on the pitch, what was very apparent from the stands,  he did wait until he scored though. :( 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I often wonder where we would be today if our medical team at the time had realised how badly Bradders was injured in the Wembley game. There is a direct correlation between his injury and the winning goal and it could have been so different. A bit ironic that the pantomime villain that was Dean Windass was the one that had point out to everyone on the pitch, what was very apparent from the stands,  he did wait until he scored though. :( 

Can we get that replayed as well?

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Bradley says he can`t remember anything about the game after he got injured.

Archived