IGNORED

Was Frankie in goal for Liverpool tonight?

Spoons

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

26 of the 30 tests he had confirmed the injury.....but you know best...

Don't believe everything you read! 

I'm sure if Liverpool were that worried they might have done these concussion tests earlier than yesterday !!

Just now, downendcity said:

Keep your brains in there then Spoons? :)

Concussion , seriously?? 

My 4 year old and 7 year old bang there heads harder than karius!! 

Liverpool trying to help him out. Sell him on !

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

He had a scan on 31May.....yesterday was 3 June....

Champions league final was 26th? So why the delay?

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Concussion , seriously?? 

My 4 year old and 7 year old bang there heads harder than karius!! 

Liverpool trying to help him out. Sell him on !

Champions league final was 26th? So why the delay?

Well as you are so obviously medically qualified I thought you would know that concussion showing up can be delayed for several days, weeks or even longer....

https://www.brainline.org/article/facts-about-concussion-and-brain-injury

18 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm sure if Liverpool were that worried they might have done these concussion tests earlier than yesterday !!

Ok, I give up, you are right, the doctors have obviously falsified all the test results...that’s what doctors do, they are totally unethical and they deliberately make false results public just because Liverpool FC tell them to....

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, I give up, you are right, the doctors have obviously falsified all the test results...that’s what doctors do, they are totally unethical and they deliberately make false results public just because Liverpool FC tell them to....

Facts can be massaged in various ways to suit your argument.

Being supporters of Bristol City should have taught us all that 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve just seen some reports that following some tests in the United States it’s been confirmed Karius suffered concussion when Ramos elbowed him in the head early in the second half yet he played on not knowing what had happened....that could explain a lot:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11394838/liverpools-loris-karius-has-head-scan-in-us-amid-concussion-fears

It must have caused double vision too the way he attempted to save the 3rd, yes the ball did move a little but was dreadful.

Something very fishy about all this.

You have to wonder if Klopp has made a decision to stand by Karius and this has come out almost as a rationale for doing so. The timing makes no sense. If you were that worried it wouldn’t have taken until now to get a medical assessment.

Always something with Liverpool. Just take the loss, admit you were beaten by a better side and chalk it up to experience. 

There's no way a doctor would falsify medical opinion. For starters, the medical profession is protected by law to ensure that an outside party is unable to sway their opinion. If any employer, regardless of their power or wealth tried to either discredit a doctor or get them to fake an injury/illness then they will be sued. Why do you think Eva Carneiro sued Chelsea and Mourinho (and won) after his comments?

If they say he had a concussion, then he had a concussion, which makes me feel really bad for him. Football already has a bad reputation for how concussions and head injuries are treated, so I'm surprised that Karius didn't ask to be subbed off after the first mistake, or a referee didn't check up on him after he was hit in the head.

For all the shit VAR (rightly) gets, this is where it'd be useful. A clash often isn't a cardable offence, but it would at least be enough to get a referee to check the player in question to see if there's any potential for concussion.

16 hours ago, Spoons said:

I won’t even bother explaining but the above demonstates your depth of knowledge and the reason you deliver letters

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You have to wonder if Klopp has made a decision to stand by Karius and this has come out almost as a rationale for doing so. The timing makes no sense. If you were that worried it wouldn’t have taken until now to get a medical assessment.

Always something with Liverpool. Just take the loss, admit you were beaten by a better side and chalk it up to experience. 

Again spoken by somebody who clearly has never had medical advice following a head injury or blow to the head

9 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I wonder if Liverpool would have sent him to America for tests , at some cost I might add, if they had won ? 

Uhmmmmmmmm

Another classic in this thread

He was on holiday in US , and that’s why the tests were done there - Liverpool didn’t send him there , let alone ‘at some cost’

3 hours ago, EnderMB said:

There's no way a doctor would falsify medical opinion. For starters, the medical profession is protected by law to ensure that an outside party is unable to sway their opinion. If any employer, regardless of their power or wealth tried to either discredit a doctor or get them to fake an injury/illness then they will be sued. Why do you think Eva Carneiro sued Chelsea and Mourinho (and won) after his comments?

If they say he had a concussion, then he had a concussion, which makes me feel really bad for him. Football already has a bad reputation for how concussions and head injuries are treated, so I'm surprised that Karius didn't ask to be subbed off after the first mistake, or a referee didn't check up on him after he was hit in the head.

For all the shit VAR (rightly) gets, this is where it'd be useful. A clash often isn't a cardable offence, but it would at least be enough to get a referee to check the player in question to see if there's any potential for concussion.

No way an American doctor would change medical records.... Not sure Micheal Jackson doctor or Prince's doctor played by the rules!!

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

:facepalm:

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

No way an American doctor would change medical records.... Not sure Micheal Jackson doctor or Prince's doctor played by the rules!!

Being a personal doctor of someone is completely different to being a doctor employed by a company, and in relation to the former he's spending time in jail for his actions.

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure any of this has come from Liverpool in fairness.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Again spoken by somebody who clearly has never had medical advice following a head injury or blow to the head

My confusion comes from the fact that Karius and LFC medical staff didn’t think anything was wrong at the time and he was capable of playing on. Whilst I don’t profess to have an in depth knowledge of head injuries, I would - based on the following expert medical opinion:

He added it was "likely" that "visual spatial dysfunction" - which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space - would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

- expect to be able to sense that I was being affected. Surely between Karius and LFC medical staff they would have been able to tell if his spatial function was being affected? 

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure any of this has come from Liverpool in fairness.

Surely it was Liverpool’s decision as to whether or not this info came out? Surely you can see - if you didn’t support Liverpool - that it seems a bit suspect in the circumstances?

Isn’t it one of the most common lines you read on here that nothing that comes out of official club channels can be trusted? 

He may well have been affected by a blow to the head which caused his errors. I’m not saying that’s not true or it is true. 

4 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I'm surprised that Karius didn't ask to be subbed off after the first mistake, or a referee didn't check up on him after he was hit in the head.

Good point....Karius can be clearly seen telling the officials he had been elbowed in the head, yet they did nothing about checking to see if he was ok.....but when outfield players go down clutching their heads when they’ve been brushed on the shoulder the officials stop the game straightaway....

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My confusion comes from the fact that Karius and LFC medical staff didn’t think anything was wrong at the time and he was capable of playing on. Whilst I don’t profess to have an in depth knowledge of head injuries, I would - based on the following expert medical opinion:

He added it was "likely" that "visual spatial dysfunction" - which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space - would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

- expect to be able to sense that I was being affected. Surely between Karius and LFC medical staff they would have been able to tell if his spatial function was being affected? 

Surely it was Liverpool’s decision as to whether or not this info came out? Surely you can see - if you didn’t support Liverpool - that it seems a bit suspect in the circumstances?

Isn’t it one of the most common lines you read on here that nothing that comes out of official club channels can be trusted? 

He may well have been affected by a blow to the head which caused his errors. I’m not saying that’s not true or it is true. 

Who knows. He got himself checked up whilst on holiday so Liverpool may have known nothing about it.

Archived