IGNORED

Marco Silva

Slippin cider

Great record as a manager in Portugal and Greece....won a couple of titles and a cup.....big win percentages (47%, 59% And 79%).....but is he really suited to the game over here? Less than 50 games as a manager in this country but the way it is ever-evolving and moving on, I don’t see why not....

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Average manager. Never in a million years will Everton get any higher than 7th under him.

I really dont see how Everton can look to challenge Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal and finish above 7th.. i dont think any manager in the world can consistently get Everton in the top six without substantial investment and by that i mean in the 100s of millions.. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Average manager. Never in a million years will Everton get any higher than 7th under him.

They should have stuck with Sam Allardyce then....he fought the fire and took them to 8th....do you really think at the current time Everton fans think they should be a top six club?

I’ve met loads of Toffees fans through work etc and they are a pretty realistic bunch, they just wanna see good football and consistently challenge in the top half of the table....they would be delighted with a few 7th place finishes at the moment....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They should have stuck with Sam Allardyce then....he fought the fire and took them to 8th....do you really think at the current time Everton fans think they should be a top six club?

I’ve met loads of Toffees fans through work etc and they are a pretty realistic bunch, they just wanna see good football and consistently challenge in the top half of the table....they would be delighted with a few 7th place finishes at the moment....

Everton should be aiming for the top 6. Burnley almost did it last season and spent hardly anything. 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Everton should be aiming for the top 6. Burnley almost did it last season and spent hardly anything. 

Arsenal finished 6th in the season just ended....their annual revenue is £419m

Everton finished 8th....their annual revenue is £171m

Huge gap in resources....just shows what a great achievement it was for Burnley to finish 7th and Everton to finish 8th...Dyche keeps his job, Allardyce gets sacked....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Arsenal finished 6th in the season just ended....their annual revenue is £419m

Everton finished 8th....their annual revenue is £171m

Huge gap in resources....just shows what a great achievement it was for Burnley to finish 7th and Everton to finish 8th...Dyche keeps his job, Allardyce gets sacked....

if you get a quality manager in you have a chance just like Leicester did. Everton fans dont want to finish 7th every season they want to push for Europe at least. Although they have no chance appointing this bloke.

if you get a quality manager in you have a chance just like Leicester did. Everton fans dont want to finish 7th every season they want to push for Europe at least. Although they have no chance appointing this bloke.

Everton FC hasn’t won anything for 23 years....who do you think they could attract as manager? At least Leicester had been in three domestic cup finals in that time, winning two....so they were way ahead of Everton in the queue for ‘quality’ managers...

Everton did ‘push for Europe’ thought didnt they this season? Finishing five points off a Europa League spot is a fairly decent push for me.. losing out only to a club in Burnley who have had a remarkable season and will almost certainly struggle to do that again next season.

As i said to want to challenge the top six your vocabulary needs to be in the hundreds not the tens of millions in this day and age. In a world where Jack Grelish is seriously being valued at £40 million you need serious cash if you want to have a pop. Everton would need to spend upwards of £150 million and then spend significant sums in wages and or other juicy enticements (as attracting the calibre of player needed when your not in Europe is always a struggle) to challenge the big boys next year. It aint happening so if i was an Everton fan id be more than happy with anywhere between 7th and 10th to be honest..

The likes of allardyce,mourinho,moyes and pulis have had their day in my view.

People dont want to watch that type of football anymore full stop.

2 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

The likes of allardyce,mourinho,moyes and pulis have had their day in my view.

People dont want to watch that type of football anymore full stop.

Except when they're in trouble (the highlighted 2 at least) , then they come running. 
Very pragmatic football, not the most entertaining. Although I do thin Allardice has got a bit of bad treatment of late. Jose is different, he's proved he can play exciting football, just chooses not to. Winning is everything to him. Not sure Moyes will get many more chances, and Pulis ? lets see if Boro want to watch that much longer. There will probably still be clubs panicking and sending out the 'prat' signal. :fear:

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Everton FC hasn’t won anything for 23 years....who do you think they could attract as manager? At least Leicester had been in three domestic cup finals in that time, winning two....so they were way ahead of Everton in the queue for ‘quality’ managers...

What have Newcastle won? They appointed a top class manager.

A very very good manager. With the money Everton spend, he has the potential to make them a team that challenges the big sides, the problem I always think with Everton transcends managers, and is that besides their youth development, they seem to have a thing about buying cast-offs from the big 4 (often Man Utd) rather than talent and potential. And then get surprised when they have players who lack hunger and have more downside than upside.

Edit: my thoughts on Silva in the thread below.

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Except when they're in trouble (the highlighted 2 at least) , then they come running. 
Very pragmatic football, not the most entertaining. Although I do thin Allardice has got a bit of bad treatment of late. Jose is different, he's proved he can play exciting football, just chooses not to. Winning is everything to him. Not sure Moyes will get many more chances, and Pulis ? lets see if Boro want to watch that much longer. There will probably still be clubs panicking and sending out the 'prat' signal. :fear:

The Prat signal :rofl2br:

I would guess it attracts the likes of Hollowhead too.

Archived