IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

Awful amount of empty seats, would love to have a football tournament here, full stadiums, great atmosphere etc, instead FIFA give them to the countries who give the most money, sad really....

And the game is as boring as anything...

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

You got to feel sorry for Egypt. If Salah had been fully fit and played who knows what could have happened.

They will have to risk him next game for sure.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Got to be Uruguay and Egypt through from Group A

Had Uruguay down as dark horses, but they will need to play much better than that.

Russia v Egypt is huge now. Russia win and they and Uruguay will both be through before they play each other which would be a huge result for Russia. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Russia v Egypt is huge now. Russia and Uruguay could well both be through before they play each other which would be a huge result for Russia. 

Had forgotten how convincing the Russia win was yesterday.

I'd fancy Egypt to beat Russia, but they may have to risk Salah.

But if Egypt don't win then Russia are as good as through, goal difference being so big.

Russia hadn't stood out to me as a great team, but one facing an incompetant defense, however surely the Saudi defense won't be allowed to be so awful again and they will double down efforts in that area ahead of their next games.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Had forgotten how convincing the Russia win was yesterday.

I'd fancy Egypt to beat Russia, but they may have to risk Salah.

But if Egypt don't win then Russia are as good as through, goal difference being so big.

Russia hadn't stood out to me as a great team, but one facing an incompetant defense, however surely the Saudi defense won't be allowed to be so awful again and they will double down efforts in that area ahead of their next games.

Yeah KSA were woeful but I thought Russia’s gameplan was spot on. Played exactly to their strengths and didn’t try to do things that didn’t suit their personnel. Think they’ll give Egypt a good game. 

After this and the Uruguay game looks like the tip for most of the qualifying games is to switch the telly on for the last minute or so.

Archived