IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

On 11/07/2018 at 08:21, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Am I missing something? After Brazil won the World Cup three times (1958, 1962, 1970) they were permanently awarded the Jules Rimet Trophy and a new trophy commissioned. Since then the Germans have won the World Cup in 1974, 1990 and 2014 but no award and no new trophy. Is this because they have won as West Germany and Germany, or is there another reason?

Edited to correct earlier text. 

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well thanks for your arrogant reply, I have offered my opinion and you have arrogantly attempted to shoot it down with your statement of fact.

You're welcome.  Although, I'm not sure how I'm providing a "statement of fact" and you're just offering an opinion without any arrogance.

11 hours ago, Chivs said:

You're welcome.  Although, I'm not sure how I'm providing a "statement of fact" and you're just offering an opinion without any arrogance.

I will explain, have you ever heard the statement "football is all about opinions"?, my post was my opinion, you said "Well, on the whole, you've pretty much got absolutely everything wrong with this post", had you said that you disagree that is opinion, that sentence is a statement of fact.

You're welcome.

Now the tournament is (almost) over, how many neutral flags have been seen at games?

Some fans of those countries taking part this year have attended games other than their own and displayed their flags, but, I've also seen displayed the flags of contries not represented such as Malaya and Israel. Any others?

On 03/06/2018 at 21:08, otib118 said:

France

Kane

Quarters

Croatia

:clap: :clap:

On 03/06/2018 at 21:40, RUSSEL85 said:

France 

Griezmann

Quarters 

Croatia 

:clap:

On 03/06/2018 at 22:22, Northern Red said:

France

Neymar

Quarters

Croatia

On 04/06/2018 at 01:36, pillred said:

France to win, Kane top scorer, semis, surprise package England.

On 04/06/2018 at 07:58, Phileas Fogg said:

France to win (although I’ve got a weird feeling we may see a Portugal vs Argentina ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ final)

Kane top scorer 

Semis

England

On 04/06/2018 at 09:05, Bs4Red said:

France 

Kane 

Final

Panama 

From the pre World Cup Thread prediction for

Winners

Top Scorer

What stage will England Reach

Surprise Package

Some good efforts here

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

From the pre World Cup Thread prediction for

Winners

Top Scorer

What stage will England Reach

Surprise Package

Some good efforts here

thanks bob, wondered whether anybody would mention our pre world cup predictions, may have been a bit of wishful thinking in some of our predictions but glad we were right, though I would of been happy to be wrong if we had made the final.

On 04/06/2018 at 14:58, Phileas Fogg said:

Winner? France to win (although I’ve got a weird feeling we may see a Portugal vs Argentina ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ final)

Top scorer? Kane

How will England do? Semis

Surprise Package? England

Haha - weirdly it looks like I was spot on. @pillred too.

Depends whether you'd say us getting to the semis or Croatia getting to the final is more of a surprise. 

Archived