IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

Did anyone see the pic of the sad Scotland fan wearing his national team’s shirt with “Maradona 10” on the back....just made me think, that’s bitter, then immediately made me feel that gasheads must feel rather like Scotland fans during a successful England World Cup campaign - ie, they are jealous as hell of their bigger, more successful neighbours and feel their only only option is to channel their bitterness via names on a football shirt - hence the gas plonker with “Windass 9” on the back of his ‘famous quarterz’ shirt that recently did the rounds...

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think most of us are/would have been happy with the quarters and anything after that a happy bonus.

Even England don't get past Croatia it'll still have been a good World Cup imv.

To get to a semi final is already a dream come true. I was only 5 years old the last time this happened. I’ve followed England since 96 and by and large it’s been disappointment after disappointment for those 22 years so to reach a semi feels me with immense pride.

I would have bit your hand off for a semi final place before the tournament but now we come up against Croatia I kind of feel as if I would be a tad bit disappointed if we didn’t make the final but never less proud of our efforts. I am fully confident that we will put in a professional performance and give our all, when we’re we last able to say that about an England side?

17 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Really bad news about the choice of ref, that short Turkish plonker. He is anti English for sure.

If he wasn't anti English before, he is now!

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If (when :whistle:) we make the final.. I really hope a commentator takes the opportunity to say that line again. Hopefully this time with the opposite result!

If (when :whistle:) we win the final I hope Skinner and Baddiel do a Three Lions '18

They wouldnt even need to change much from the '98 one.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If (when :whistle:) we make the final.. I really hope a commentator takes the opportunity to say that line again. Hopefully this time with the opposite result!

Another heartbreaker game I was at  :disapointed2se:

The groan / gasps Of fear  when Southgate stepped up to take it was incredible !!!!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The groan / gasps Of fear  when Southgate stepped up to take it was incredible !!!!

Like Gordon Owen in 1987?!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That's from Southgate - how did the crowd react though!

Well after watching France tonight I wonder what lies ahead for us - Olympic diving championship win from France and the ref joined in, demonstrating how important it is to be impertial, not, even the French coach kept turning his back when they threw themselves down. 

Directive from FIFA perhaps or falling in line with commentary “entitled to go down” what a croc of shit.

Archived