IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

It irks me slightly that Neymar even makes it onto that list. I'm really struggling to see what all the hype is about - and I've watched him in many games.

Mind you, Messi was poor in this WC, too - and the other two were only marginally better.

57 goals in 90 games for Brazil.

19 goals in 20 for PSG.

68 in 123 for Barca. 

His record is certainly up there.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

There`s actually quite a list of players at this World Cup that played on the hallowed turf of BS3 last season when you think about it - and I bet there`s loads I`ve forgotten

Sterling

Loftus- Cheek

De Bruyne

Lukaku

Rashford

Gundogan

Aguero

David Silva

Fernandinho

Fellaini (?)

Stones

Bernardo Silva

And of course, Hörður

Lindelof

Pogba

Rojo

Shaqiri

1 hour ago, Selred said:

57 goals in 90 games for Brazil.

19 goals in 20 for PSG.

68 in 123 for Barca. 

His record is certainly up there.

Hmm, that's what I don't really get. I've seen him play many times, and most games he spends the majority of the time on the floor. I mean, he is getting close to beating Ronaldo's goal tally for Brazil - does anyone really believe this guy is in the same league as the great man? Neymar is like the Brazilian Rooney - seems to score a lot of goals, but very much flatters to deceive. Maybe, like Wayne, a lot of his goals were against minnows 

18 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Hmm, that's what I don't really get. I've seen him play many times, and most games he spends the majority of the time on the floor. I mean, he is getting close to beating Ronaldo's goal tally for Brazil - does anyone really believe this guy is in the same league as the great man? Neymar is like the Brazilian Rooney - seems to score a lot of goals, but very much flatters to deceive. Maybe, like Wayne, a lot of his goals were against minnows 

Neymar would have a much better goal scoring average if he could improve his feet to arse ratio.

Just a thought. If England & Belgium continue to the final it will be only the 2nd time teams who've met in the group stage met again in the final.

The first was 1953 when Hungary beat West Germany 8-3 in the group stage. In the final though, West Germany won 3-2. Having lost to Belgium (or if you prefer, allowed Belgium to win) in the group stage a precedent has been set. :fingerscrossed:

The Spanish King attended the game when his country played Russia. Tonight the Croatian president will be attending his team's game and has already announced the way he chewers on the team, may annoy some in the VIP lounge!

I know the Queen is now too frail to travel and the PM is tied up with Brexit matters, but have we had even the Sports Minister attend any England games?

16 minutes ago, 22A said:

The Spanish King attended the game when his country played Russia. Tonight the Croatian president will be attending his team's game and has already announced the way he chewers on the team, may annoy some in the VIP lounge!

I know the Queen is now too frail to travel and the PM is tied up with Brexit matters, but have we had even the Sports Minister attend any England games?

Things may have changed, but I recall all UK Government officials were boycotting the tournament due to the Novichok incident.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm hoping Russia get thru. 

I'd rather face them than the tricky Croatians.

I’m torn. Russia would be the weaker team, that’s true but the home support would be their 12th man. Croatia would be tricky yes, but I’d rather face them than Belgium or France.

44 minutes ago, 22A said:

Send Boris!

4 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Much rather play Croatia than Russia, both are beatable but don't want the home nation in a semi final and if we were to beat Russia in a semi final I would fear for England fans out there.

Given the news the other day, I'd fear for the ones still back in England!

1 hour ago, 22A said:

The Spanish King attended the game when his country played Russia. Tonight the Croatian president will be attending

On the commentary they said how the Croatian president flew it today's on a fan's charter flight "Imagine Mrs May doing that".

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm hoping Russia get thru. 

I'd rather face them than the tricky Croatians.

I'm with you Mr R. 

I said earlier that if Russia win, we'd get to the final and if Croatia win, they'd beat us. As strange as it sounds. 

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Things may have changed, but I recall all UK Government officials were boycotting the tournament due to the Novichok incident.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/russian-spy-uk-russia-world-cup-2018-royal-government-theresa-may-fifa-putin-a8255486.html%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjFh_af143cAhXpLcAKHddqCwgQFjACegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0soHyeE1DnnUEYM-SRAYfu&ampcf=1

Apparently nothing has changed since article. Prince Wills must be gutted..isn't he president of the FA

22 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

There`s actually quite a list of players at this World Cup that played on the hallowed turf of BS3 last season when you think about it - and I bet there`s loads I`ve forgotten

Sterling

Loftus- Cheek

De Bruyne

Lukaku

Rashford

Gundogan

Aguero

David Silva

Fernandinho

Fellaini (?)

Stones

Bernardo Silva

And of course, Hörður

I remember Maguire playing for Hull v us in the League Cup (a game we really could have won), he’s become a hell of a player 

Archived