IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

56 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The time frame from Thistle’s first ‘kit’ tweet to the kit reveal was an hour and a half (not one day as you’ve intimated) so like I said, no big build up or tease, all done in less than two hours....how long has our kit saga dragged on now?!

Sorry BS4, wasn't meaning to suggest it was a one day timeframe, but that all happened on the same day.

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

And no old style robin either. So I’m even more convinced it’s on the third ( white black/ black white kit now). Obviously there still could be scope to have a robin range of training wear too, I’m expecting this.

Pictures of Marley Watkins show the badge on the leisure wear range rather than training wear. Know that's a fine line but don't get too excited, it'll be on the black versions of stuff. 

As others have stated for me personally it’s not the kit reveal itself, it’s the way in which some people have voiced their opinion on how it’s been dragged out and JL using the opportunity to mock them. Someone in his position should be giving a more professional approach to the matter and leave the “Banter” to the Scott Murray’s of the club. But it appears the message has been received by the club hence today’s tweet although no acknowledgement of the event will either be acknowledged by the club. 

28 minutes ago, Bristols finest said:

As others have stated for me personally it’s not the kit reveal itself, it’s the way in which some people have voiced their opinion on how it’s been dragged out and JL using the opportunity to mock them. Someone in his position should be giving a more professional approach to the matter and leave the “Banter” to the Scott Murray’s of the club. But it appears the message has been received by the club hence today’s tweet although no acknowledgement of the event will either be acknowledged by the club. 

Mountain of a molehill from fans. 

Was all planned a certain way but fans are fickle and impatient. The club are seeing out their original plan on this occasion and may not do it again. Depends on sales though I imagine. 

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

Pictures of Marley Watkins show the badge on the leisure wear range rather than training wear. Know that's a fine line but don't get too excited, it'll be on the black versions of stuff. 

That’s probably what I meant, I think of it it terms of kit (home, away and 3rd) and everything else, not training/leisure but yes it is different.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s probably what I meant, I think of it it terms of kit (home, away and 3rd) and everything else, not training/leisure but yes it is different.

I don't see us having a third kit. Not many teams wearing red/purple or red/lime to clash with. 

4 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I don't see us having a third kit. Not many teams wearing red/purple or red/lime to clash with. 

Think purple and lime could be the third kit, black/white away meaning a third kit is needed

4 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

That’s true. There is definitely a black white shirt of some sort, or is it purely the leisure wear. I’m sure we will soon see. 

I don’t think I will be actually that bothered once it’s revealed, I quite like the guessing :laughcont:

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think purple and lime could be the third kit, black/white away meaning a third kit is needed

There aren't many that wear red and black either. Just Bournemouth... and AC Milan.

1 minute ago, Robin TBW said:

There aren't many that wear red and black either. Just Bournemouth... and AC Milan.

Both home and away kits would have a decent amount of white if we have a band across the chest, think away could be white with black band so could mean both kits can't be used.

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don’t think I will be actually that bothered once it’s revealed, I quite like the guessing :laughcont:

I think a lot of people do and it has provoked much discussion on here and other social media. This was the whole point of the media campaign and so it has been a successful one.

But the usual suspects have used it as a stick to beat the club with. Had the club just launched it then the usual moaners would have complained about a missed marketing opportunity and look what happens when you sack your Head of Communications.

Some people need to get a life.

15 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I think a lot of people do and it has provoked much discussion on here and other social media. This was the whole point of the media campaign and so it has been a successful one.

But the usual suspects have used it as a stick to beat the club with. Had the club just launched it then the usual moaners would have complained about a missed marketing opportunity and look what happens when you sack your Head of Communications.

Nail on head.

17 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

amen to that brother

55 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Agree.

The only thing now is to make sure the kit is top drawer so they back the ‘froth’ up with ‘substance’. 

I await, but not full of great anticipation given our track record on delivery.

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

I’m surprised you’re still taken in after a week of non-reveals but fair enough. It’s long-since boring imo but each to their own.

Generally though, the drawn-out process would carry a lot more weight if it wasn’t becoming overshadowed by JL antagonising fans every day. Yeah, they’re generally annoying and idiotic. They’re also your customers, and you’re supposed to be the chairman of Bristol Sport. Yes they are getting riled up easily, but he knows exactly what he’s doing and he’s loving it.

19 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

I’m surprised you’re still taken in after a week of non-reveals but fair enough. It’s long-since boring imo but each to their own.

Generally though, the drawn-out process would carry a lot more weight if it wasn’t becoming overshadowed by JL antagonising fans every day. Yeah, they’re generally annoying and idiotic. They’re also your customers, and you’re supposed to be the chairman of Bristol Sport. Yes they are getting riled up easily, but he knows exactly what he’s doing and he’s loving it.

You're being way too sensitive, and so are many others. I'm not a Bristol Sport fan by any means...

BUT it's a bloody football kit, it's harmless fun, and if people can't lighten up about a bit of a joke on Twitter then they really need to get out more.

The whole thing is so cringeworthy: from the day-by-day kit reveal to some supporters' total overreactions. This seems the way of modern football (and social media). It's all hot air and all I really care about is what happens at 3pm on a Saturday. 

Stick the World Cup on, have a beer, and log off for a while.

8 minutes ago, RedJim said:

You're being way too sensitive, and so are many others. I'm not a Bristol Sport fan by any means...

BUT it's a bloody football kit, it's harmless fun, and if people can't lighten up about a bit of a joke on Twitter then they really need to get out more.

The whole thing is so cringeworthy: from the day-by-day kit reveal to some supporters' total overreactions. This seems the way of modern football (and social media). It's all hot air and all I really care about is what happens at 3pm on a Saturday. 

Stick the World Cup on, have a beer, and log off for a while.

That’s the thing, they’re not going to lighten up. They are always going to be reactionary. And JL knows that, and is just winding them up on purpose. Do you get what I’m saying?

27 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

That’s the thing, they’re not going to lighten up. They are always going to be reactionary. And JL knows that, and is just winding them up on purpose. Do you get what I’m saying?

I do, but I don't see why it bothers you. Some people are idiots, no point getting worked up about it.

Hi All.  Long time reader but haven't posted in a while as forgot my password and was too lazy to re-set.

My thoughts on this.  I want a return of the Robin and would in fact love a newly designed version.  While we are all making assumptions here based on what has been shown to date, I am a little surprised at how few people are anticipating that this may all be misdirection.  It could well be that we are to have the crest on the kit, the old robin on the third kit or some training wear but it seems to be equally possible that they may well have re-designed the Robin, ready for a roll out across all clothing - certainly the kits.  It really would not take a lot to mock up the clothing we have seen to date using the crest and the club is clearly having great fun with the fans. (by the way, I see it as such and in no way that Jon Lansdown is taking the piss).

With the brand development that the Bears have undergone I really would be surprised if the club does not look to do the same with City.  To me it seems incredibly clear that the close-up shots of the crest on the kit show that the crest has been placed lightly on the shirt, possibly covering up the real crest/badge.  The stitching many point to is merely the internal stitching of the badge itself, not the stitching pinning it to a shirt.  This too may be misdirection of course.

Who knows what they may reveal but I for one love the look of the Robin taking flight that has been used in much marketing.  If that is to be incorporated on a shirt that harks back to the mid 80s I will be a happy supporter.

1 hour ago, RonWalker said:

Taken in by what?  A harmless marketing ploy?  I don't really care what it looks like as long as it is red; over the years I have preferred some kits over others but I don't get excited by it.  That is for kids and full kit *******.

You seem to have come back onto this forum determined to make a name for yourself as an angry young man and rail against City no matter what they do,as you try to be part of "the in crowd".  You remind me of a netter.

3 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I agree but why on these forums do people have to be so insulting? I personally find these discussions highly interesting, I can appreciate to many they are not but as someone who designs football kits and badges, it's probably one of my favourite pre-season discussions. I really don't understand why people being vocal about things they are passionate about means they need to "get a life". Some people enjoy gardening, some people enjoy train-spotting etc, I don't think it means they need to get a life, it's just a different aspect of interest.

58 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Taken in by what?  A harmless marketing ploy?  I don't really care what it looks like as long as it is red; over the years I have preferred some kits over others but I don't get excited by it.  That is for kids and full kit *******.

You seem to have come back onto this forum determined to make a name for yourself as an angry young man and rail against City no matter what they do,as you try to be part of "the in crowd".  You remind me of a netter.

I saw a Full Kit ****** on Kingswood high street the other day, so went and told them what they are.

Apparently you shouldnt do that when the FKW in question is a 3 year old girl.

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Normally you have to pay for psychoanalysis this good. It really keeps me awake at night worrying about what people on OTIB think of me. “Make a name for yourself”. Behave.

Archived